• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenge Me! : The thread for bored Gamers

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Tired of playing a game, finishing it, then never touching it again? Well come on in. =D
This is a place where challenges are made by the people, for the people. I will keep a record of the top three scores/times etc. for each challenge.
CHALLENGE ME!​
Anyone will be able to put forth a challenge, such as:
Pass The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess with only the ordon sword (except when you Absoloutly have to use the Master Sword to progress through the game)

Then anyone can add to that challange, such as:
Pass The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess with only the ordon sword and no shield (burn it as soon as you can, I think that is the Goron mines (someone prove me wrong))

I will post the challange here when The discussion about it has stopped.

CHALLANGES

Pass The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess with only the ordon sword and no shield (not allowed to use the wolf unless forced to)
Top times
  1. --:--
  2. --:--
  3. --:--

This is incredibly based on honesty, so please, no one ruin it.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
EA could do this...

I had the game for nearly 2 years and i havent played it for ever.
I didn't even finish the game -_-"

I shotgun the next challenge though

Eagle

Smash Lord
Sounds fun. I haven't played Twilight in ages. But, I don't remember, you can 'not' use your Master Sword?

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Don't like this challange?
Have a problem with it?
Well suggest your own challange or help me fix this one.
This is just The start and I would love it if some people could suggest their own.

There are some points in the game that you have to use the master sword such as the twilight realm, but most of the game you can use the ordon sword, I need to test if you can use it on Ganondorf.

Splice

Smash Hero
If this challange came up 1 year ago, i would've beaten everyone. Sadly I now suck at Twilight Princess, and i blame this on Brawl.

How about beat Twilight Princess without using the Sword to kill creatures (except for when it's all you've got) like using the hookshot, arrows, spintop thingy, I'm pretty sure a majority of the game can be done like this.

Can't think of any other game, that has possible challanges that the game doesn't already tell you to do. In Kirby: Crystal Shards 64, finish the game with ONLY the cutter ability (boomerang). Losing the ability during a level means you must restart the level. But then sometimes you need other abilities to get through blocks, so I don't know how that would work. =(

Zero

Smash Hero
Can we play OoT, a good Zelda game?

:)

This makes me want to LP Twilight Princess with this challenge.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
A challenge for a Zelda game, maybe add it onto the other challenge, or have a seperate one.

Complete Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask with only 3 Hearts. Dont get any heart pieces or containers. I dont recall their being any whihc you are required to get to complete.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wow, gopo, that was unexpected. My thought process was something along the lines of mentally confirming it was even possible (mechanics-wise) -> realising it was -> "that's not even HARD," then I read gopo's post. xD

I guess being a massive Zelda fan in addition to having a history of speed running has its merits.

Anyway I cbf doing that challenge.

lol Condog 3-heart challenges are eeeeeasy. Still a classic though. :3

True hardcore Zelda nerd's challenge: Complete OOT in 3 hours or less. (Yes, it's quite possible.)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's not a TAS challenge, you don't know what you're talking about.

Splice

Smash Hero
EA whats your fastest runthrough of TP, and have you ever done a run where you do all the side challenges (kill all the Poe's, find all the bugs, open all the treasure chests) ???

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Iunno, I never really ran TP seriously, it came out after I stopped actively running stuff.

My first playthrough was like 30 hours or something, that's the only TP-related figure I can remember. (Wasn't trying for speed, but I remember it cause it was faster than most other Zelda***s I knew.)

I used to run TMC a lot, got that down to like 2:20-ish.

Tried for the Mario 64 16-star WR years ago, record was around 22min, I failed horribly lol. Hit around 30min and fizzled out. xD

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Iunno, I never really ran TP seriously, it came out after I stopped actively running stuff.

My first playthrough was like 30 hours or something, that's the only TP-related figure I can remember. (Wasn't trying for speed, but I remember it cause it was faster than most other Zelda***s I knew.)

I used to run TMC a lot, got that down to like 2:20-ish.

Tried for the Mario 64 16-star WR years ago, record was around 22min, I failed horribly lol. Hit around 30min and fizzled out. xD
I can do it in about 25 mins on a good day for Mario 64 =).
I believe the current record is like 17 mins.

Splice

Smash Hero
Here are some brawl records for people who want short stuff (dont know if this thread is meant to get away from brawl)

Best boss battles time: easy 0:00:39.25 (Charizard)
Best 10-man brawl time: 0:00:07.43 (Pikachu)
Best 100-man brawl time: 0:01:42.66
Best 2-player 100-man brawl time: 0:01:14.68 (1 guy controlling 2 chars)

Zelda games are like the easiest to make challenges for though, albeit they take forever, but i think this thread is about "looking for something to do". Starcraft, 8 Protoss CPU's Melee mode. I don't know if it's possible or if there is an easy way to do it, but I can't do it. Uh... WarioWorld in under an hour... umm... !!!!!!!

"Complete" Tetris.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Here are some brawl records for people who want short stuff (dont know if this thread is meant to get away from brawl)

Best boss battles time: easy 0:00:39.25 (Charizard)
Best 10-man brawl time: 0:00:07.43 (Pikachu)
Best 100-man brawl time: 0:01:42.66
Best 2-player 100-man brawl time: 0:01:14.68 (1 guy controlling 2 chars)

Zelda games are like the easiest to make challenges for though, albeit they take forever, but i think this thread is about "looking for something to do". Starcraft, 8 Protoss CPU's Melee mode. I don't know if it's possible or if there is an easy way to do it, but I can't do it. Uh... WarioWorld in under an hour... umm... !!!!!!!

"Complete" Tetris.
SC - 8 drones, 1 to each base, attack workers, pull them, then have fun ;)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I love how this turned into a speedrunning thread. :D

....based on what?

At least use evidence when saying ****.
Do you really want me to answer that?

I'd like to know what I need to give evidence for, actually. I'll try to cover the most obvious possibilities, though.

If you mean the TAS part... well, it's a challenge I am proposing, I think I know what kind of challenge it is. It's quite simple, OOT is proven to be finishable non-TAS in 2-ish hours? (WAY under 2:30, at least.) I don't really follow the TASers as much as the rest of the speedrunning community so I'm not sure exactly, but I'm assuming the TAS equivalent is somewhere well under the 2 hour mark. Actually the non-TAS figures are old too, they're likely even less now. 3 hours is quite lenient TAS or not. Anyway, the point is if you follow LOGIC then it should be plain enough that my challenge could be either TAS or realtime, therefore I have discretion when saying whether or not the challenge is TAS.

Conversely, if you're saying this kind of challenge can only be TAS, that tells me you either, A) don't know what TAS is, or B) don't know enough about speed running OOT/Zelda to know that OOT under 3 hours is possible realtime.

i.e. You're wrong if you're saying it is a TAS challenge.

If you mean the boringness part, well subjective matter is subjective, it's not like either of us can be wrong. But I wasn't saying you were wrong about that anyway.

But if you must know, when saying "you don't know what you're talking about," I simply meant you were wrong about it being a TAS challenge. Even if all of what I said above you're aware of, and you simply assumed I meant it as a TAS challenge, you're still wrong.

...I can't believe I just wrote all that.

Edit: I am a very bored gamer.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Complete Subspace on Easy without using the jump button.
easy, its called tap jump.

this whole zelda thing without sword or shield is gay and really easy.

how about, finish contra without the contra code. whatup?

get big boss rating on european extreme mode in metal gear solid?

5 star through the fire and the flames on expert in guitar hero 3 using your feet to play the guitar?

Browny

Smash Hater
A good challenge eh... Win 'the game'

I just lost it :(

I dont care if that is incredibly lame or some people dont get the meme :p

srsly though, lets have a challenge that doesnt take 10+ hours to do haha

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol even though its not on wii. Whoever played fable the lost chapters, i challenge u to beat the final boss ( the dragon) with the sitck.
My friend once did it, it just takes a looong time.

But seriously this is my real challenge for u guys.
In mario kart double dash, play all cup mode. DK cpu HAS to be in the game as he is the fastest cpu for some reason.
Now u must make DK come last in every single track in a row so he ends with a final score of 0. It can be done with 2 ppl. And it MUST be done on mirror mode.

Only me and djb have done this, god knows why we did it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol that **** is heaps of fun, I'm really good at double dash so when I play with my dud friends I always help them out by pwning the cpu, cant say I've ever taken it to the same level as you though

tibs7

Smash Champion
ill **** youzz all at mkds, dkracing no probs.
post your race and time and we will see who is the fastest =)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'll **** you at any real racing game. Not your ******ry colourful pansy crap.

tibs7

Smash Champion
mmm dont think soo sieg!....and ill **** you in melee and not some button mashing game like melty you love ;P

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It isn't a real racing game if you have to take your finger off the accelerator.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
Thank you zero for pointing that out, I was tired.

Now anyone saying, "That challenge sucks" please keep in mind it was an example.
Anyone saying "make another one", That's why we are here, could you possibly suggest some? Please... It would help me a lot... I need more. =D

Anyone suggesting challenges already, THANKYOU!!! <3

I like Ant's challenge, anyone want to add to it?
Such as how would we know who has the better score? DK on 0 but then the top three we would see has more points right?

And about the speed run thing, I meant that we could alter how we play a game and see who is better. Speedrunning is just how fast you can complete the game, it may be a challenge but it's not what I was looking for, cause then we would just have a massive list of speed runs and I should just change the name of the room.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sorry you suck *** at Melty Tibs, a real fighting game. That isn't based around percentages and running away.

Besides, I said racing game.

Top Bottom