• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain camp list

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So I asked <3 if he would help me test who all could be Chain Camped and he said yes.
So here is what we found.

video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM9t-tt9K6c

:mario2:
Fire Balls

:luigi2:
Fire Balls

:peach:
Turnips

:bowser2:
Fire Breath

:dk2:
Ground Pound

:diddy:
Banana's

:yoshi2:
Eggs

:wario:
Wheels

:link2:
Zair
Arrow
Boomerang
Bomb

:zelda:
Fire Balls

:shiek:
Needle's

:ganondorf:
camped

:toonlink:
Arrow
Boomerang
Bomb

:samus2:
Zair
Missile
Power Beam
Bomb

:zerosuitsamus:
FSmash
Stun Pistol
Plasma Whip

:pit:
Light Arrow

:popo:
Blizzard

:rob:
Laser

:kirby2:
Stone
Final Cutter

:metaknight:
camped

:dedede:
f-tilt

:olimar:
camped

:fox:
camped

:falco:
Laser

:wolf:
Laser

:falcon:
camped

:pikachu2:
Thunder Jolt
Thunder

:pt:
sh*t

:007:
Withdraw

:002:
Razor Leaf

:006:
Fire Breath

:lucario:
Aura Sphere

:jigglypuff:
camped

:marth:
camped

:ike:
camped

:ness2:
guess

:lucas:
PK Freeze
PK Thunder
PK Fire

:gw:
Bacon

:snake:
C-4
(IDK... forgot to test)

:sonic:
Spring
(can be camped under a platform)

7-8 people can be Chain camped.
30-31 people cannot be camped.
Owell, at least this destroys Olimar (and pretty much Meta Knight)!

saviorslegacy

Are you 100% sure about Olimar because I'm very sure he can grab you out of it with his blue pikmen.
Yes, <3 wasn't able to do it once.

lol, will kill/hurt his Pikmin before he can barely perform most of his moves.
I see this match up in our favor now.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
And can Marth and Ike Counter the chain (it has extremely high priority)? And this looks like a new form of stalling, not just camping.

saviorslegacy

And can Marth and Ike Counter the chain (it has extremely high priority)? And this looks like a new form of stalling, not just camping.
Yes, they can counter.
The cool thing is you can also not attack so they'll not counter. More like a mind game IMO.

Not stalling, camping (see Samus/ Olimar).
Can't Marth just air dodge next to you then up B?
Have fun air dodging NEXT to you.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Did you or <3 test it? I find it kind of hard to believe that Marth can't air dodge near enough to up B you.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yes, they can counter.
The cool thing is you can also not attack so they'll not counter. More like a mind game IMO.

Not stalling, camping (see Samus/ Olimar).

Have fun air dodging NEXT to you.
But with Marth because Counter is faster than human reaction as well as his fair is also really fast, so basically Marth can be camped til he predicts Sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
5-30 / 49 Marth

Starting frame 5 Marth become invincible and his invincibility ends on frame 30. His air dodge ends on frame 49 so he can be punish while in mid air dodge for 19 frames.

The chain can attack every 2 frames so hypothetically it is possible...

edit: Big Opps, I was looking at the wrong data at first but I fix my post

Tesh

Smash Hero
DK and IKE can't use super armor on it? Punch and Eruption, or is it just not enough to get through close enough?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
OH yeah giant punch and eruption, those should work. giant punch definitely eruption many not have enough range under ike to work in frame perfect conditions.

I personally still think shain camping doesn't work. Frame perfection is very hard to achive.

saviorslegacy

DK and IKE can't use super armor on it? Punch and Eruption, or is it just not enough to get through close enough?
Hmm.. we forgot. >,<
Pretty much this.

Revolutionize metagame by chaincamping MK, sheik now MK counter. GG
I know that what you said was sarcasm but that is what I want. At least for me.
OH yeah giant punch and eruption, those should work. giant punch definitely eruption many not have enough range under ike to work in frame perfect conditions.

I personally still think shain camping doesn't work. Frame perfection is very hard to achive.
Nice Mr. Creative

*you also think Chain itself is useless.
-_-
lol, j/k

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
well chain lock isn't hoorible. just hard to get. worth trys at low percents.

Judo777

Smash Master
we cant camp marth or ike because counter turns it into a guessing game and if we guess wrong we are getting hit. Also olimar can grab us out of chain with blue pikmin simply because we can not use the chain at max range every 2 frames it takes longer to strike at max range and oli just has to try to grab twice to get us. Im not entirely sure if the chains max range beat oli but it definitely doesnt at average range.

and i still dont see how we can camp fox unless we have an entire stock lead cause he can rack up dmg and just wait. not to mention even we do have a stock lead at this point fox has an infinite number of trys to wait for us to mess up once cause regardless of his dmg our chain wont kill him.

saviorslegacy

we cant camp marth or ike because counter turns it into a guessing game and if we guess wrong we are getting hit. Also olimar can grab us out of chain with blue pikmin simply because we can not use the chain at max range every 2 frames it takes longer to strike at max range and oli just has to try to grab twice to get us. Im not entirely sure if the chains max range beat oli but it definitely doesnt at average range.

and i still dont see how we can camp fox unless we have an entire stock lead cause he can rack up dmg and just wait. not to mention even we do have a stock lead at this point fox has an infinite number of trys to wait for us to mess up once cause regardless of his dmg our chain wont kill him.
True, but if we are under a platform then it is very unlikely that the can do anything for they cannot go through the front part of the Chain and counter.
The original idea was that they would counter and fall on top of us.

*We KILL Pikmin.
He did try to grab me... it didn't work.

<3, you up for some retesting later today?

Judo777

Smash Master
I did some testing today on oli. You cant kill pikmin that are grabbing. Your only hope is to outrange him and if olimar is at the right distance he can grab us and we cant hit him. This is only with blues. Plus we cant be perfect its just too hard to not get grabbed. On a side note chain camping oli offstage is awesome since he cant grab.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...I'm sorry Savior and <3 but for the longest time I've been saying that Sheik could camp Olimar IF he couldn't simply out range her with his grab. I don't want to be stubborn but until I see it first hand that the none jacked chain can stop Olimar blue pikman will I recognize this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whites have the same, or very close to the same, grab range as blues and are is considerably quicker. If anything, see if whites can grab past it.

If all else fails, the Olimar player could toss all but yellows and whites off stage, and then throw the yellows over the chain while going for grabs with whites. I doubt the chain will cover both at all times. That or throw yellows over while spamming yellow fsmashes. (extra disjointed range) *shrugs*

edit: Billy, we should test this.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Martha beats it. HRnut and Chaz both caught me with perfect spaced shield breakers. I don't think chain can reach.

Also, olimar takes the chain pretty hard. I think only a purple pikmin beats it. I was able to ultra camp fearless till he chucked one of those fat b******s at me.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Chain camping requires very good prediction and fast reflexes. That effectively rules it out for me regardless of how effective it might be theoretically.

The range is so much smaller that sheik can hit Olimar before he can enter range. Olimar using his blue to grab is just barely out of range to begin with.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to this:

Also, olimar takes the chain pretty hard. I think only a purple pikmin beats it. I was able to ultra camp fearless till he chucked one of those fat b******s at me.
Olimar's side B with purple fatties.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
How is chain-camping supposed to be done?

EDIT: Disregard this post, I did not see the video in the OP.

EDIT 2: After watching the vid, this did not seem very promising. I need to see it in am actual fight.

Judo777

Smash Master
It has nothing to do with purples. Regardless of how strong the pikmin is its is negated by the hitstun of the chain if they are thrown. The exception to this rule is grabbing since u cant hit pikmin while they are grabbing. Blues and whites i believe have = grab range so they can both grab u the reason why we refer to the blue however is because blues back throw will freaking kill you if it lands at high percents. I blues can out range the chain and even if they couldnt you cant use the chain at max range nearly as rapidly as at short so it would be impossible to guard against an oli who was constantly trying to grab. Blues do out range it anyway and that comment about lobbing yellows and attacking at the same time was a really good point also.

saviorslegacy

Last time I checked Tristan and I are the only Sheik players that use the Chain. We also haven't mastered it/busy/can't got to tournies to show such a feat.

saviorslegacy

Chain have pros and cons, more cons than pros, sadly.

PS: Are you sure you can camp MK? Last I tested MK's Neutral B can get to you getting throught the chain.
It's only con is that you can't walk while doing it. :/ Oh, and that you don't have constant super armor.
Also, it would be nice if it was a bit longer to that way we could camp about 3/4 of the cast. OH! it would also be nice if it would destroy more projectiles.
^k, there's the cons

No, MK cannot Nado through it. lol

Dcold

Smash Lord
I use the chain really only to guess rolls before this. Like really tech chasing, hit em down and if they roll foward chain to get the tipped "shock" on them to send them back.

Top Bottom