• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Good Players

I agree with Bozo and Bob$ about flying in KaMaster.

But may I also suggest we try to get M2K out here?

Maybe we can help him get back into Melee, like once he's done learning e v e r y t h i n g about the Brawl metagame, frame-by-frame.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
m2k would definitely fail the "lets hang out" section

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
m2k would definitely fail the "lets hang out" section
no lol m2k is pretty funny to hang out with I've housed him like 3 times

also mach dash definitely still plays melee, they got monthly tourneys in Osaka with like 40-50 entrants http://www.youtube.com/user/thundersjolteon

i talk to thunders on MSN a lot so I can contact japanese ppl :D

that said I don't think bringing over japanese/foreign smashers is REALLY that practical because of the high costs involved

soooo....

pc pc pc pc pc pc

edit: also, frankly, I bet the twins are **** o_O judging from vids, they obviously have some silly habits. but whenever they play each other it seems like they **** around a ton, go for HUGELY unnecessary **** off the ledge... i'm betting they'd do fine against USA top players. I mean look at Eddy, he's supposed to be not even close to them and he almost beat zhu :P

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
i was hanging out with m2k before you guys joined smashboards. He will definitely not live up to dsw's visit in terms of hanging out the next day, and especially not at the after tourney dinner.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Chu dat chain:
vanessa
not miles
But I am on his nuts.

i was hanging out with m2k before you guys joined smashboards. He will definitely not live up to dsw's visit in terms of hanging out the next day, and especially not at the after tourney dinner.
Yeah there are only the limited few me brian pocky ender phil joe brandon sheridan and darrell that got to experience 3 or more full days of chillin with Shiz,

m2k is not even an option.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I was Mew2Dad for a day. It was interesting. M2K is an OK guy to hang out with if the conversation is not smash related. He's funny in his own way if he's not brooding over something.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you mean he wouldn't crawl into a booth and fall asleep while waiting 2 hours for the food?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
edit: also, frankly, I bet the twins are **** o_O judging from vids, they obviously have some silly habits. but whenever they play each other it seems like they **** around a ton, go for HUGELY unnecessary **** off the ledge... i'm betting they'd do fine against USA top players. I mean look at Eddy, he's supposed to be not even close to them and he almost beat zhu :P
'

I think eddy did as good as he did was because he plays luigi. not alot of luigis around cali (assuming your reffering to pat's house) . there are alot of skilled spacies in california though, so usa does have alot of experience in that field. I've seen them play against people other than each-other, they're playstyle isn't much different, unless these guys are also just as close and they mess around. But i dunno. I'd still be excited to see them regardless.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Yeah there are only the limited few me brian pocky ender phil joe brandon sheridan and darrell that got to experience 3 or more full days of chillin with Shiz,
Luuckyyyyyy!

yea, so my vote's for darkrain
hope there are enough nominations for him to even get on the poll

im actually not sure if shiz should even be in the running again. . . .
No disrespect to dsw, but with this opportunity we have to ship players to the wc, shouldnt we take advantage of that and give Cali (moreso norcal) players the experience to play against as many different players/styles from as many different regions as possible? (it's safe to say that there might not be enough to fund a player every cgc)
Im afraid that putting him on the poll will just induce some people to vote in a biased manner just because having shiz was such a success, instead of voting for the purpose of what the fund was initially designed to do.
Tho If the objective of the fund has been changed and you guys are just looking for someone chill to hang out with, then by all means. . . . . .why take the risk?

just my two cents
what do you guys think?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
mango did some hard time for being ****

shiz lucked out

=P

<3 bronson

I was mad you couldn't come lol, i wanted to play you hahah.

Get some Falco dittoes goin on :chuckle:. Maybe play in grand finals hahah, ive been waiting my son, hahahhaha.

:p

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So at the next one of these, I'd like to try a new stage striking system. It works like this:

All legal stages are on the strike list. You strike down to 3 (5 for when we'd have a bo5 set) stages, going 1-2-2...-1. Those are the 3 stages that will be played in the set. Each player then strikes one more, and the remaining one is the first stage. The loser can then pick from any of the 3 remaining stages like advanced slobs like normal.

The idea is that you'd play a set composed of the 3 'most neutral' stages according to the players for the matchup. Thoughts?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i had a full response but i realized i was putting too much effort in the wording (who am i trying to impress) so i'm replacing it with this question.

am i to assume "all legal stages" includes the counter stages?

SuperRad

Smash Master
@Lumpy: Yes, that's what he means.
For personal reference: DL64, YS, BF, FoD, FD, PS, KJ64, RC, Brinstar

Personally I think it would be fun to try out, but I'm not sure how it would work out. The past few CGC tournaments have been large, I'd suggest trying this at a smaller tournament if one arises.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah I'd only do this at a smaller tourney first, and the stage list would have to be an odd number. Potentially it would mean that we could include stages in the stage list that are usually banned like Corneria or Mute, since effectively you get more than one ban. However if you include too many stages in the list then I can foresee problems where one player just strikes all the "neutrals" away and tries to turn the game away from more fundamental gameplay into knowing odd stages. Not necessarily a "problem" exactly, it just may not be what we want the game to be.

By the way, credit for this idea, goes to Dastrn from the midwest. I have changed it slightly from his original.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think it takes too long and discourages character variety (which I consider a bad thing)

and i super duper vote no to doing this at a CGC. introducing a new system with 60 people in attendance, most of whom are unaware of the rules prior to arrival, is a no go imo

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it would neutralize the would be counter pick only stages while allowing you to essentially ban 3 stages.

i support a trial of this because i don't see any mediate flaws and i like the idea trying to improve on a really old system.

edit: pocky may be right about this discouraging character variety.
edit2: he said strike until there are 5 stages left for 3/5s i think.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i think the best thing about this is that, say, spacies could use pokemon stadium as a neutral, or puff/peach could keep mute city or brinstar or kongo in if they both think it's neutral

idk though

this new system means change
change means effort
and i hate effort :mad:

Top Bottom