• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i would assume a lot of non spacies would strike stadium off against a fox main, but idk.

forgive me if you've had this discussion before, but why is rainbow cruise on and corneria not?
i think cruise would be an auto strike for more players than corneria. (so would mute city)

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Rainbow cruise is on because it always follows a set pattern.

That said, poke floats is not on because....we hate camping? I like Corneria personally but sometimes Slippy just ****s things up.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
i agree with hyugas new system except for the striking for entire set part. Like pocky said it decreases variety but additionally it also prevents you from using what you learned from the previous match to aid in your counterpick (for instance you realize they're really fast on platforms so you wanna counterpick fd).

MacD

Banned via Administration
pokefloats was cause of camping and glitches, and i think no grabbable (sp?) at all or something

idk it didn't fully make sense to me either

EDIT: probably also because recovering on that level is stupid, where as at least rainbow cruise you can go through most everything

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
The first time I experienced real stage striking was with Lunin a bit back at a tournament. He went into the random stages menu section and everything; scared the **** out of me! He's like striking this and asking me what I want to strike and getting rid of these stages and holy ****! Watching him strike stages was more intimidating than actually playing him.

Can't we all just let the Random Gods decide?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
. . . (stuff about inconsistency and inflatable gorillas)

hey john, you gonna be at the tag tourney tmw? you should be. . . .*wink*

Kira-

Smash Champion
So at the next one of these, I'd like to try a new stage striking system. It works like this:

All legal stages are on the strike list. You strike down to 3 (5 for when we'd have a bo5 set) stages, going 1-2-2...-1. Those are the 3 stages that will be played in the set. Each player then strikes one more, and the remaining one is the first stage. The loser can then pick from any of the 3 remaining stages like advanced slobs like normal.

The idea is that you'd play a set composed of the 3 'most neutral' stages according to the players for the matchup. Thoughts?
bad for sheik but probably good overall.

it seems like we will eventually only play on neutral stages though

Kira-

Smash Champion
I still like my stage rule set best!

Neutrals!
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Dream Land 64

Counter!
-Pokemon Stadium
-Yoshi's Story
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Fountain of Dreams

It's so good! :)
this is actually ****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just realized something that this lacks. the only time i use counter stages in tournament, was if i lost and thought of a stage that would make them switch characters or hinder what they're good at. it's impossible to have a "secret back up plan" stage when they get 4 stage bans and know exactly which 3 we can play on.

with that said, maybe it's a good thing that you can't get by on gimmicks.

I still like my stage rule set best!

Neutrals!
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Dream Land 64

Counter!
-Pokemon Stadium
-Yoshi's Story
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Fountain of Dreams

It's so good! :)
i like this a lot and would support it in full.

onski?

Smash Ace
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #2EA54016MV338920F)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Mar 14, 2010 Payment For Brandon Collier Completed ... -$4.20 USD

DJRome

Smash Hero
i think the fund should be shared with ec/south/mw with trustworthy tos. it's somewhat unfair to wc otherwise

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, yes, but the money should be used as a collective, rather than all of these little funds. that way, the official quality of it can also be verified

SuperRad

Smash Master
well, yes, but the money should be used as a collective, rather than all of these little funds. that way, the official quality of it can also be verified
I'm not sure what you mean by 'official quality'.

Using the fund as a collective just makes it so individual donors will have less of a say. I don't really want to donate at all, but I might be inclined to dole out some cash to bring certain players to my region. I don't want my money to pay for some pro I don't know to go to a tournament I wont be at.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't see why

not that i've donated at all but i'd be significantly less likely to donate if i was sending someone from nebraska to go play in louisiana as opposed to bringing someone from florida to my own region

DJRome

Smash Hero
okay, so don't donate then. if you noticed, waffles put the fund video up with a specific player and tournament already in mind. and people donated accordingly.

so no ur entirely misguided

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Nobody is going to donate for someone to travel to a tourney that's completely removed from their region. That's the whole point they are making. And therefore there is no practical benefit to your 'superfund' over each region's individual fund. If anything it would benefit smaller regions like your own NC to keep them independent since in a larger pool the largest communities will get priority and first pickings...

So no, you're entirely misguided.

pockyD

Smash Legend
okay, so don't donate then. if you noticed, waffles put the fund video up with a specific player and tournament already in mind. and people donated accordingly.

so no ur entirely misguided
therefore it would be wrong to take the money donated with that player/tournament in mind and use it to bring new mexicans to iowa

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol u donate when u see someone you want to go to a tournament you want them to go to.

u don't otherwise.

so what's the problem again?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
How is that any different than what we already have except now you've created a bureaucracy with a completely superfluous 'superfund'? There is nothing to be gained by it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
it's not except that it's better. oh gee, instead of the $ staying with wc, it's shared among the community. u kids are so lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Uh huh, and why doesn't each region just start their own fund? Do you not understand that someone from CA has no interest in spending money to see someone from FL travel to NYC? I mean, what's not to get here?

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's not except that it's better. oh gee, instead of the $ staying with wc, it's shared among the community. u kids are so lol
you're creating government where there doesn't need to be one

who will be qualified to decide who the money goes to? are we going to elect a president of the fund too?

it's brandon's fund; people donating to it were well aware that he would be in charge of making decisions with it

you're not explaining what's to gain by having one general fund

aside from you being able to take money that people have given to someone else

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol okay let me set up the scenario for you since u don't get it.

waffles set up the fund for pp. people donated. fin

money is left over in wc. people who donated for pp exist in wc and the south and everywhere else. instead of it sitting there waiting for another wc tourney that is worthy, that $ is used for another good player at another function. idle money=useless.

same scenario in other places with other funds. pool $ together = more good players traveling.

once again, if you didn't like the player to start with, u wouldn't have donated. this idea has no effect on the donations

Top Bottom