• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
See, heres the thing Onski.

We were chillin the hotel room late Monday night drinking and playing brawl, and we all decided that we wanted to enter brawl at the next CGC.

Can you make it happen?

Shroomed

Smash Master
no, we want melee AND brawl

cuz if any of us place top 10 in brawl

we can make fun of the game with no remorse, and never play that game competitively ever again

brawl is like mario party, just for ****s and giggles

pockyD

Smash Legend
i dunno i think the moment has passed

i'd rather have 10 melee setups and no barlw kids than have them take up half our setups and space just so we can have 30 mins of laughs

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
i dunno i think the moment has passed

i'd rather have 10 melee setups and no barlw kids than have them take up half our setups and space just so we can have 30 mins of laughs
Did you like get into the habit of typing brawl like that?

Miharu

Smash Hero
not like you need to be good at a game, or even play it for that matter to bash it

look at what i do to u newbs and that ****ty game known as league of legends

∫unk

Smash Master
some misconceptions...

brawl doesn't take up melee setups on a consistent basis. iirc last time brawl had 4 setups with no help from melee. we still finished.

brawl doesn't necessarily take longer than melee at cgc's. that time everyone got kicked out would be a good example (I wasn't there though).

i'll comfortable MMing any melee players in brawl with captain falcon or ike, including former brawl players.

i watched a good amount of melee at WGF including grand finals Connor was moving really well good job!

SuperRad

Smash Master
some misconceptions...

brawl doesn't take up melee setups on a consistent basis. iirc last time brawl had 4 setups with no help from melee. we still finished.

brawl doesn't necessarily take longer than melee at cgc's. that time everyone got kicked out would be a good example (I wasn't there though).

i'll comfortable MMing any melee players in brawl with captain falcon or ike, including former brawl players.

i watched a good amount of melee at WGF including grand finals Connor was moving really well good job!
lovage vs junk $50 mm
mk vs ike

∫unk

Smash Master
i dont even have 50!

i'll do like 3 though XD

i was originally going to put falcon only but then i thought of sidefx and lovage and connor's mk and had to throw in ike lol

edit: maybe i should think about this offer of former brawl players i just remembered hugs

i guess you could technically count dehf too lol

oh well i can always be a ***** and refuse

pockyD

Smash Legend
iirc for the most part, barlw uses onski's setups, which can then be used for melee instead

melee runs "long" because it's run very laxly, something I actually somewhat disagree with

there's the attitude of "we have plenty of time, we'll finish anyway", and we do

but imo it'd be just as good to finish up then play the friendlies at the end instead of the standard 2 hour gap between doubles and singles

∫unk

Smash Master
really? i know i bring a setup and a few others bring a setup so that's usually the "guaranteed" setups that are there but maybe onski does... if he does i didn't know thanks onski! lol

L__

Smash Master
What type of "poker" are you talking about? Texas Hold'em? Or some other random stuff.

-SFAT

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yea, pocky and ballin4life def know whats up when it comes to how often one can win at poker.
You think, if I come down for this tourney, that I can get in on the game? You guys usually play tourney or cash? stakes? min/max buyin? I havent played a home game in SOOO long and it would be great to. I can also bring chips and cards to, if needed.
its not for sure that im going. Currently trying to decide between this tourney or the UCM one . So far I have poker (possibly) for cgc and a match with s2j if I go to merced (and getting to see dunsk, again)
What type of "poker" are you talking about? Texas Hold'em? Or some other random stuff.
Id like to hope its nl HE, think id cry if it was PLO
We're going to be playing exclusively Five Card Stud, Baseball and Pass the Trash.
youd defenitely have to teach me pass the trash, sounds preeeety good.
and raz .
%#$^ THAT GAME!

=D

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
^^^^ this guy talks a lot about poker. you should invite him and take his money.

iirc for the most part, barlw uses onski's setups, which can then be used for melee instead

melee runs "long" because it's run very laxly, something I actually somewhat disagree with

there's the attitude of "we have plenty of time, we'll finish anyway", and we do

but imo it'd be just as good to finish up then play the friendlies at the end instead of the standard 2 hour gap between doubles and singles
i've always liked the idea of having friendlies after the tournament as opposed to ending the tourney and instantly being pushed out the door. i'll complain more about this when i actually attend the tournaments.

L__

Smash Master
i've always liked the idea of having friendlies after the tournament as opposed to ending the tourney and instantly being pushed out the door. i'll complain more about this when i actually attend the tournaments.
I agree with this so much

Top Bottom