• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Tentative schedule

Friday, June 10th

10 AM - Doors open; Registration begins
7 PM - Melee and Brawl Teams begins (with Finals Friday Night)

Saturday, June 11th

9 AM - Doors open
11 AM - Melee Singles begins
3 PM - Brawl Singles begins

From the CEO 2011 Schedule Page (http://ceogaming.org/schedule)

For those interested in other games, I'd suggest you take a look at that link.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tentative schedule

Friday, June 10th

Saturday, June 11th

9 AM - Doors open

ah dammit. i was hoping all of brawl would be taken care of saturday. hope i can get off early for teams

pesticide

Smash Lord
kinda sucks that there happens to be a legit chess tournament that weekend with a $1k prize for 1st sooooo im gonna be there instead of here :-/

good luck to every1 goin tho!

pesticide

Smash Lord
Yea thanks dude. I'm one of the favorites to win the tournament too :D

Depending on how far the hotel is from the CEO venue I might drop by just to hang out/play sum friendlies sumtime on Saturday tho

:phone:

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
never thought i would see myself playing another melee tournament but here i go again...

BLEA: if you cant find another teammate, ill be honored to team with your luigi :)

and eli, if your reading this, I KNOW YOU STILL HAVE MY SETUP LOL ill stop by zp one of these days to pick it up. i need to train again for this!

feels good to be back

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'll be going, and bringing a friend or two with. I'll also be booking 3 nights at the hotel :D Friendlies are always worth it

Anyways, driving from Atlanta, but we're all broke as heyall so if anyone wants a ride, we can take you there and back for a small fee, to be determined.
Also, willing to share our hotel room for moneez, but I highly suggest you get your own and support CEO :D

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Hey all, I'll be going, and bringing a friend or two with. I'll also be booking 3 nights at the hotel :D Friendlies are always worth it

Anyways, driving from Atlanta, but we're all broke as heyall so if anyone wants a ride, we can take you there and back for a small fee, to be determined.
Also, willing to share our hotel room for moneez, but I highly suggest you get your own and support CEO :D

Most legit post from a smasher in this thread.

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Also... please add something to the rules that bans Master Hand.
I don't technically see anything that prevents someone from using him, and while I'm sure nobody will, money is on the line (Which is funny because I'm not going to win anything)

(Yeah, this was a joke :p)

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i don't know if im going gringo, but we can do that team bro, low tier team winning a tournament, if ill make it, let's do it 4 sho!

pesticide

Smash Lord
I don't technically see anything that prevents someone from using him, and while I'm sure nobody will, money is on the line (Which is funny because I'm not going to win anything)
Based on post count, idk if he's trolling or serious

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Brawl singles is starting at 3 PM on Saturday and still won't be done by that night?

I have to go Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday for just Brawl? Damn.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
The Master Hand Glitch is banned.

It's virtually makes the game somewhat unplayable as the only way Master Hand loses is if he loses health, and since it's in percentage, he never dies.

Brawl singles is starting at 3 PM on Saturday and still won't be done by that night?

I have to go Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday for just Brawl? Damn.
The goal is for both Melee and Brawl to finish on Saturday, but we have Sunday to finish bracket if we have to. For that to happen, we need to have a many setups as possible. I want to have pools at this so players can play as much as possible. Bring setups guys.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I will bring a setup but no TV. Hope that's not a problem.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Tentative schedule

Friday, June 10th

Saturday, June 11th

9 AM - Doors open

Crap.

I'm with GDX; was hoping for all of Brawl to be on Saturday... even Sunday is fine.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This is the tentative schedule, key word being tentative.

I'm going to talk to one of the other Smash TOs this upcoming weekend to discuss this, along with other details.

The main focus of this tourney will be SSFIV:AE and MVC3, so I don't know how the space is gonna be set up other than the two aforementioned games will take up the majority of the space. Also, there will be 5 other games along with both Brawl and Melee on the undercard per se.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
The Smash Section should have about 10 setups Running, for anybody Bringing a full Setup to Use, I'll be glad to give you 5 bucks back for the whole setup, It's not much but hopefully It'll encourage some help from you guys.

Is having Melee at all on Friday really a problem for everyone? If you'd prefer anything on Sunday instead of Friday, really let me know, but there's no games starting until 1 pm and they'd have to be done by 5 pm on Sunday which isn't much time, was just gonna let you guys have friendlies all of Sunday. I'm open to debating the schedule but since most of you are staying off the hotel property and not booking at the hotel you'll be open to the set schedule now.

PS if there ends up not being many SDtvs you guys will have to deal with the Vizio 23 inch Flat Screen panels which are great TVs, but not sure about lag with older gen systems. Don't see it being much of a problem but I plan to have some of these available.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
How many SDtvs will you have? IIRC Melee can't run on HD and Brawl runs better on SD but with component cables can run well on HD (not great though, but much better than without component cables).

Best ideal situation would be if people bring TVs so we have 10 total, and if players bring 8 Melee setups and 8 Brawl setups so we can have a rotation depending on which game needs priority at given time. Looking at the tentative schedule, let's say Saturday, since Melee starts before Brawl, there could be 8 Melee setups for Melee singles and 2 for Brawl friendlies until Brawl starts that's when it'll be 5 setups each. However, that type of situation isn't the most ideal one as 5 setups throughout would be best so players don't wait as much and can play more.

Just some thoughts and ideas there. Smashers, particularly Melee, respond to Jebailey's post above having Melee on Friday. A good portion of Brawl will definitely go down on Saturday, given as out-of-state interest for Brawl has outweighed Melee for the most part (Vinnie, Bloodcross, and GA Brawl have shown interest). Some opinions will definitely help.

Toneh

Smash Lord
All day sunday friendlies sounds pretty good.

If more people want sat/sunday for smash, you could make friday the "friendlies" day. And then if we finish early on sunday it switches over to friendlies.

About those vizio TV's, any flat screen TV is usually not good for smash since the Wii can only do 480p and it gets super laggy. But yeah what dtorr said how many regular TV's do you have atm?

Do you offer a discount for bringing just TV's? I've got 2 and know people that could bring a few more. Or does a wii have to go with it? Do TV's have to be left overnight? If so, hows the security?

Toneh

Smash Lord
We would need more than 10 setups then, hopefully at least 13-15. How much room is there, like room only for 10 setups or all the way up to 20?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
We would need more than 10 setups then, hopefully at least 13-15. How much room is there, like room only for 10 setups or all the way up to 20?
This is a good question.

We would need more setups to run efficiently, but it can't be at the cost of other games space. We'll be on the same side as Mortal Kombat 9, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, BlazBlue: CS, and SoulCalibur 4 most likely. MK9 is gonna draw BIG. The other 3 games should have good attendance as well. However, if we start showing some more interest in this thread we may be able to garner some more space.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I honestly have absolutely no Tube Tv's myself for this event since every game there besides Smash are played on LCD's So it's up to you guys. I can make sure to give you guys room for like 12 Setups Comfortably in the room so that's no problem but it's up to you to bring it. Like I said since I'm only charging Smashers 30 bucks instead of 40 if you come and pay/sign up Friday I can offer an additional 5 bucks off per full setup that you guys bring.
So let D-Torr know, not sure where the heck Hungrybox is these days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom