• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
For all the other Forums it was required to put EVO Tournament Series in the thread titles, but since Everything on Smash Boards is backwards with threads I'll just take it off then to not confuse people or let them know the sheer size and importance of this event. My apologies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I've known for the longest time the last time Evo had smash was like three years ago lol. I thought people would know that too, or at least make the connection that it wasn't even announced this year so they wouldn't get confused.

Jebailey even said that earlier in the thread.

:rosalina:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I was just confused by the thread title and location of the tournament. Also didnt want newer players thinking anything. Better safe than sorry

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Sigh.
So.
I didn't know Smash WASN'T here.
Isn't there a nat'l in Orlando this summer?
I thought it was CEO.

I am dumb. Don't judge me. i just want answers :glare:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sigh.
So.
I didn't know Smash WASN'T here.
Isn't there a nat'l in Orlando this summer?
I thought it was CEO.

I am dumb. Don't judge me. i just want answers :glare:
huh?

smash IS here. smash is NOT at the actual EVO in vegas in July

some people may be confused because this is an EVO seeding-type event, so they think all events here will be at EVO, when really smash wont be at EVO

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Guys, you need to pay more attention ..>.>

There IS going to be Smash here(Melee AND Brawl).

The other pages were talking about Evo and this being a seeding event for it. Smash is not on Evo's circuit.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Jebailey you gonna have mk9 at this? I heard you been building a hype train about it lately

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Actually I was thinking of setting a thread specifically for FL carpooling to events. It'd help a lot with organization. I wasn't sure how everyone would take to the idea lol(requires a bit of cooperation from the state's drivers).

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Actually I was thinking of setting a thread specifically for FL carpooling to events. It'd help a lot with organization. I wasn't sure how everyone would take to the idea lol(requires a bit of cooperation from the state's drivers).

This is actually a really good idea. Lets get this thing going.

Exdeath

Smash Master
What I find a bit irritating is that SiiS5 instantly got a sticky, before Unity came out. We were requesting one soo long ago(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12308867#post12308867). No offense to the higher ups, but it felt a lot like regional bias how SiiS5 got one so quickly.

Oh, well. We have it now. Let's make the best of this.

Edit: well, looking back I see that M2k did mention that SiiS5 was planned a month ago. Even then though, Jebailey complied to the ruleset at the time when he was told to and still didn't get it.

I really hope AZ considers the application system for tournament stickies I told him about(or at least something like it). This is way too unorganized.

Regional bias is very present in SWF haha.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
where is the actual schedule?
I'm working on the final Schedule with Hbox and others, should have it figured out within the next 2 weeks.

No tournaments for Brawl or Melee will start until Friday around 5 pm so you'll have all morning to practice and such. And all day Saturday for singles/doubles. We'll get it up soon and situated.

I'm curious can anyone tell me or know if any of you guys competing in Smash booked rooms at the hotel?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
my only request is that no brawl starts until saturday. friday at like 9 at the earliest :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom