• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Yes they will be left overnight and Secure, there will be 24/7 security as well as 2 people on my staff that will be sleeping inside of the venue itself.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
This is a good question.

We would need more setups to run efficiently, but it can't be at the cost of other games space. We'll be on the same side as Mortal Kombat 9, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, BlazBlue: CS, and SoulCalibur 4 most likely. MK9 is gonna draw BIG. The other 3 games should have good attendance as well. However, if we start showing some more interest in this thread we may be able to garner some more space.
Ohhhh yessssss Arcana Heart

Screw it, I'm saving now

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
Just to get this straight, the expected turnout is....?

and it's 45$ to enter? Correct?

And I believe Holy Smash is the week after so i can't attend.
and it's 20$ to watch?

Looks like i'm out :(
I'll come to the s/f that Drew is holding.
That'd be fun.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Guys....

don't ask what the expected turnout is.

Just show up ANYWAY.

If everyone does this, there will be a good turnout <_<

I'm coming and I'm bringing a melee setup. I can also bring my Xbox360 with MvC3 (but I only have one TV and that will be used for melee).

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I have to ask.
I'm not going to drop 45$ on a 30 man tourney. lol
There's really no pleasing you Smash Kids is there. Now I know why MLG, EVO and other big events have dropped Smash games. You guys kill it yourselves by choosing and wanting small tight venues, super cheap fees and always so undecided. I felt really bad when Plank couldn't pay you kids and even I attacked him for it but the poor guy was promises a lot of help from smashers and they let him down and it ruined him for life.

I do my best to try and have nice venues for you guys but with your negative attitudes(Not all of you just some) it makes me even wonder why do I keep trying.

To those who support CEO and are coming I promise a great time you won't forget and want you guys to have fun. To those who want to just stay home and make excuses then I can't help you anymore.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No No no no
I've just been having severe money problems lately.

Long story short, i don't want to spend money i don't have.
Unfortunately, i'll have to be saving all my money for Holy Smash. Sorry guys :(

Hopefully everything goes awesome.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
No No no no
I've just been having severe money problems lately.

Long story short, i don't want to spend money i don't have.
Unfortunately, i'll have to be saving all my money for Holy Smash. Sorry guys :(

Hopefully everything goes awesome.
Thanks for making me sound off like an ******* lol. Sorry you can't make it then. Could always just pay 20 to spectate and play friendlies when a tourney is not going on :).

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I was thinking about doing that to come support everyone.
I'll see how my money is doing.
I'll be in Vegas from 3-6th for my 21st birthday. Depending on how i do there, i'll come. Hahahaha

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Ohhhh yessssss Arcana Heart

Screw it, I'm saving now
If you want to enter any other game besides Smash (Brawl or Melee), it would be best if you purchased your event badge in the CEO Registration page before May 31st and register for the select game your entering in the CEO Registration page as well. After May 31st, the price of the badge will go from $30 to $40. All games will remain $10 for entry.

CEO Registration Page: http://ceogaming.org/registration

If you fail to do so, you would have to pay $40 for the event badge and you won't be able to dictate where you may go in bracket, in particular where your from and what friends came with you, if any. Given the amount of time registration has been up (almost 5 months LOL), there's not enough time to handle such a mess, considering the amount of games the TO has to take into account.

As a reminder, here are the following games (aside from Smash) that will be at the event for participation: SSFIV:AE (360); MvC3 (360); Tekken 6 (PS3); Arcana Heart 3 (PS3); Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3); BlazBlue: CS (PS3); SoulCalibur 4 (PS3); SSFII:HD Remix (360); CvS2 (PS2); 3rd Strike (PS2).

In regards to Smash, Smash has the benefit of being able to purchase the event badge for $30, even after the May 31st deadline. Entry for Brawl/Melee Singles for is $10, and entry for Brawl/Melee Doubles is $20 per team.

Alright, I may be able to crank out 3 full setups! w00t!

:phone:
I'll add you to the list. Mind you, only 6 TVs will be used for Brawl since we are only alloted 12 setups for Smash (the other 6 for Melee, obviously LOL). Please keep this in consideration but I'd like it if you would be ok with using your TVs for Melee if need be. It is up to your discretion though, but remember this is Community Effort Orlando.

As it looks now though, all 3 of your setups will be used. Let me know if all 3 full setups are TV/Wii/Brawl. I need to know.

In the meantime, I have you added as 3 TVs and 3 Wiis/Brawl.

So.
Just to get this straight, the expected turnout is....?

and it's 45$ to enter? Correct?

And I believe Holy Smash is the week after so i can't attend.
and it's 20$ to watch?

Looks like i'm out :(
I'll come to the s/f that Drew is holding.
That'd be fun.
Event Badge will be $30 dollars. Singles for Brawl/Melee will be $10, Doubles for Brawl/Melee will be $20/team.

I'm coming and I'm bringing a melee setup. I can also bring my Xbox360 with MvC3 (but I only have one TV and that will be used for melee).
A Full Setup? Let me know exact details since we're tight with what we could do.

I'll add you as a full setup but come back to me soon so I know if it is a full setup or not.

Also, take into account what I told Kola about registering for non-Smash games. If you already preregistered, then don't worry about it.

In regards to the XBox360 MvC3 setup, talk to Jebailey/GoogleMyName for that.

Bringing a Melee setup (Gamecube, cords and Melee).

Thanks. Very much appreciated.

*added to setups list*

Also, I'm reposting my reply to Kola here because it is of some importance. I know many smashers that enjoy other competitive fighters and would enter select games. Here it is:

If you want to enter any other game besides Smash (Brawl or Melee), it would be best if you purchased your event badge in the CEO Registration page before May 31st and register for the select game your entering in the CEO Registration page as well. After May 31st, the price of the badge will go from $30 to $40. All games will remain $10 for entry.

If you fail to do so, you would have to pay $40 for the event badge and you won't be able to dictate where you may go in bracket, in particular where your from and what friends came with you, if any. Given the amount of time registration has been up (almost 5 months LOL), there's not enough time to handle such a mess, considering the amount of games the TO has to take into account.

As a reminder, here are the following games (aside from Smash) that will be at the event for participation: SSFIV:AE (360); MvC3 (360); Tekken 6 (PS3); Arcana Heart 3 (PS3); Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3); BlazBlue: CS (PS3); SoulCalibur 4 (PS3); SSFII:HD Remix (360); CvS2 (PS2); 3rd Strike (PS2).

In regards to Smash, Smash has the benefit of being able to purchase the event badge for $30, even after the May 31st deadline. Entry for Brawl/Melee Singles for is $10, and entry for Brawl/Melee Doubles is $20 per team.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
greenace accepts ALL moneymatches from smashers in mvc3...fyi to smashers 5$+

Zone

Smash Champion
I want to come only for mortal kombat, I hope my money looks good before the end of this month.

Laijin

Smash Hero
greenace accepts ALL moneymatches from smashers in mvc3...fyi to smashers 5$+
Greenace? Are you that Freenix that got beat by Timothy? I was just talking about you like 10 minutes ago lol. "Its understandable if he's never seen Doom do that before. But how the heck does he fall for it twice? LOL"
Lets do it. $10. 3/5

No disrespect though bro. You'll get better and learn.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
ATTN: Smashers who want to enter non-Smash games

Reposting my reply to Kola here on it's own because of it's importance.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol its not me bro im dfear not greenace lolwut? im just saying...also...ughhh option select only uploads bad matches of greenace :\ hes da bess under simplypheer{joe}

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I have some legitimate concerns.

First, I really hope HungryBox can help run all of Melee. Running Brawl with just 6 setups is not gonna be easy and I have to stay on top of that for the entire weekend, which means me sacrificing any chances of me entering MvC3 and SSFIV:AE. I won't be entering either of those games because I want to make sure Smash, altogether, and Brawl, in particular, are run fairly well.

Now back to my major concern: Possibility of Pools.

IDK exactly how Melee is gonna be run. Like I mentioned before, I really hope that HungryBox could fill that role since he's more familiar with the Melee scene than I am. As for me, I already have an idea as how I want Brawl to be run. However, I will step in and help if need be. Neil from NextLevelLan will be here as co-TO with me.

I would like to run pools for this to ensure that the players that perform the best are rewarded for it and for experience and playing time for the players who don't happen to make it out. However, 6 Brawl setups can make this somewhat difficult. While looking into the factors of making pools run smoothly. The ideal situation would be to run pools with 6 people in each pool, given attendance is high which I'm hoping for. For example, let's say 80 players register for Brawl Singles. We could have 12 pools (6 run at a time), with 10 pools having 6 players and 2 pools having 7. Top 4 in each pool can make it out and make a good 48 man bracket or Top 3 for a 36 man bracket. That's ideal. If more players do happen to show up though, I would either have to setup more pools with the same amount of players in each or setup pools to have more than 7 players. That's not ideal. If it gets to that point, I'm inclined to just do straight bracket, since we will be pressed for time. Genesis was able to have a 96 man bracket (after pools of course but that was an all-Smash Event, this is not), so in the event that we need to go bracket I'm sure it will be fine as long as things are done in orderly fashion.

Now, in a totally unrelated gripe with the SmashBoards Admins. Click the collapse if you want to read.

The first CEO 2011 SWF thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293104) was made by HungryBox on December 8th, 2010 in the ATL South regional boards. Because of the then-relatively new Tournament Listings setup, it failed to garner some hype. The official CEO 2011 SWF thread (this thread) was made by Alex Jebailey, the host of CEO, on February 1st, 2011, in the Tournament Listings as the new guidelines dictate. After asking for a sticky for weeks to try to gain hype, this tourney finally received one, only to be taken away like a day later.

Why? Here's the reason.

don e

edit:actually, before this can be stickied, the brawl ruleset needs to be approved by hylian, So I'll send him a PM about it. For now it'll be unstickied until thats taken care of.
A SMASH tourney, meaning MELEE and Brawl, needed to have the BRAWL setup approved by Hylian for it to get a sticky. This tournament has been under the Brawl and Melee prefix since the beginning. This is not just a Brawl tourney. I was trying to figure out what the reasoning of this was since Macman made that post, and I have yet to get a response.

Anyhow, Jebailey obliged and edited the ruleset to what another stickied tournament had used. He put in the WHOBO3 rules. However, a sticky was still not granted. In fact, the reasoning behind this is in 2link's post (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12453364&postcount=158).

2 weeks later and 2 months total, we get the sticky. Meanwhile, SiiS5 gets announced, puts there tourney on the same weekend, gets a sticky rather quickly, all in a days work, even though CEO 2011 was announced months before. Now I wish SiiS5 the best as it's a great tourney series now. Hopefully, they have another hype moment like (IIRC) Coney's 3 stock on M2K, correct me if I'm wrong about the tourney. I'm not salty towards SiiS.

It's the illogical procedures that we had to go through to get some exposure. It is what it is though. I'm going to make CEO 2011 the best tourney it can be. Thank you, Smash Admins.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol go me for being made an example for 3 posts.

Don't worry dudes, I know time is looking a little cramped I just need to make a few decisions. If anything Brawl may be the only event and I'll just watch Arcana Heart for it's pure awesomeness.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Oh my bad. It's not really you but the message of the reply I made that I wanted to get across to everybody.

I'm just looking out for people. It's 3 weeks away and noone has really stepped up to manage this thread. Jebailey is doing his thing with the SRK thread and podcasts and advertising, along with registrations and all that, so he has little time to handle this. Also, Smash is not his venture so that's where I'm stepping up with that.

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Will there be any scheduling conflicts in competing in any two different smash tournies? (Brawl singles and melee singles, etc) I just found out that my Melee teammate can't go so I think I wanna do Brawl singles in addition to Melee singles. Also, if we do pools, I probably won't make it past those, but then I get to play more (And I won't win anyway) so I'm in favor of it

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'll have direct communication with the main Melee TO so that conflicts like that won't happen. I'll make sure that we know who's doing both games and how to delegate which game they play at given times.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Thanks for trying to do pools d-torr. It costs a decent amount to go so more matches the better.
Key word is trying. I'll try to get it so we have pools, but if push comes to shove, straight bracket will have to do. If this was a Smash-only tourney, pools would be a definite go. Can't say that here.

Remember, use Friday and Sunday to get as many games in as possible.

I'm saving up for this. I want to see my FL homeboys again. <3
Legit.

In other news, I need a teammate for Brawl. Someone who can kill and can handle themselves meaning I don't have to save them and they can live long.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I already said I can help run brawl so you can enter other stuff David

depending on entrants the setup ratio may have to go to 8/4 depending on if one game has way more entrants than the other

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I already said thanks too Keith LOL. I posted that here first before asking Jebailey about it.

Anyhow, we'll see about the setups. It's a good thing I have a listings for backups as well for this very thing.

Also, the setups list is being updated each time someone says they can and will bring a setup. First come first serve basis. If your name is on the list, your setup will be used and I will notify Jebailey whose setups are being used so they can be given the discount. I don't know how he's gonna go about though. I think he's only discounting full setups, I'm not sure.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm bringing a set-up~

I have Multiple copies of Melee and Brawl if you want to change up the ratio of set-ups for a game suddenly to speed up pools/bracket progress.

:rosalina:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom