• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ok Guys I want to run this by all of you. Mew2King Wants to come to CEO but also the Ohio Tournament.

Here's the great news, He can come to CEO and simply fly to Ohio on Sunday Morning at 6 am and go play in Ohio so he can attend both tournaments.

Only thing is we have to finish Brawl most importantly on Friday/Saturday so I just want to let you guys know that's what I'm aiming to do, Having him come down here will help us out with attendance, and Sunday we can just aim to have it as casuals pack up day for the Smash side of things. Everyone down with that, Starting Smash on Friday afternoon and finishing what we can By Saturday?
bad news... I doubt I can make this. I originally made a mistake. The Ohio tournament (with over 100 people going) is a 2 day event and unless they make Melee (the smaller game of the two) day 1 and all of Brawl for me on Day 2 then I can't go. I'll have to see later on, but if I had to guess right now I'd say my odds are like 30-40% chance, but it really comes down to what the TO of the Ohio tourney says. That Ohio tourney is too big to miss for me unfortunately, but I can afford skipping Melee at it to come here if she allows it.

Ally, this is what has been said concerning M2k. I'm not sure if he's coming to this anymore. Honestly, despite us having the listing for this date done way ahead of Sii5, our OoS attendance outside of ATL South has gotten *****. Keitaro had an interest in coming, but checking Sii5's thread, he's changed his mind.

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the moral of the story is that imma be watching so much super (for learning) and mahvel (for lols) at this. I just thank jebailey for giving me a tourney i can actually compete in, in the corner over there cause i was probably gonna come to watch stuff anyway. but now i can actually do good at something while im there :laugh:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I phrased that last bit wrong, he was interested for a bit(before Sii5 made their listing) along with some others from the North, but then the announcement of the planned date for Sii5 came out in Feb. and interest instantly shifted over to that.

:rosalina:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
Can we stop giving ****s about m2k and plan around the players that matter here?
Just saying.

I don't wanna plan all the events around 2 big players. Lol.
No offense.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
live stream?
I as the director who's main focus is the Capcom Fighting games at the event can not live stream any smash on my own, if someone from the Smash community is willing to step up to the plate and help I'm all ears. That OHIO tournament stole a ton of thunder from this event so I'm not gonna try and compete with them on all levels since my hands are completely tied taking care of the 800+ people showing up for everything else other than Smash. Recording of matches and everything is extremely welcomed as well so make the most of this event if you are able to attend.

I've been following all of your comments about M2K and I agree and have decided not to base my entire tournament around him(if you're reading this M2K let me know if you're still interested in coming and if not, I wish you the best of luck to kick some *** in Ohio) anymore however I still want to get as much done on Friday and Saturday regardless so I should be finishing up the schedule this week once Hbox and others helping can get back to me with ideas for times.

Remember if you're planning to reserve a room at the hotel, the deadline for the free badge with 2 nights there ends April 30th, but the Hotel Discount CEO Rate won't end until May 27th.

PS I just realized the venue for the Smash Ohio tourney I will be at next weekend for a Big Street Fighter EVO Event called Power Up 2011 lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if necessary, we can setup a live stream. one of the FL smashers has a laptop, and as long as theres internet at the venue we should be good to go

we can even link to the CEO fighter stream for the people who want to watch the other side as well

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
What day is Brawl on? I'm aware a final schedule hasn't been released yet; but does anyone happen to know?

I'm coming to this and when I'm coming depends on when Brawl begins.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
What day is Brawl on? I'm aware a final schedule hasn't been released yet; but does anyone happen to know?

I'm coming to this and when I'm coming depends on when Brawl begins.
Most likely Friday around 5 pm will start Brawl and Melee TEAMS. Then on Saturday will be Brawl and Melee singles throughout the day with the finals Saturday night for those games. Finals time is tentative but for the tournaments those are pretty much the set times.

Again if you can afford to stay at the hotel and help out this Venue it is extremely appreciated, this isn't your typical venue that can only fit 100 people where everyone is uncomfortable and crammed. I haven't had a single hotel booking from anyone coming for Smash and that's really hurtful to the future of Smash at CEO events. I'm trying to build something for smash but for some unknown reasons I don't seem to be getting any support at all other than those who personally know me or have helped me out in the past.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Just to deconfirm M2K is no longer coming to CEO. It would just be too much traveling and hard work for him to attend this and the Ohio Tournament so I gave him my blessing to go where the money is. So with that said he no longer has any influence on scheduling.

Danzos Arm

Smash Rookie

Hypeeeeeeeeee out of region better show up to this so Florida can style on them!
This tournament made my erection unstable, and after seeing your post, I confirm that I might attend this, I just need a ride from you or someone else, i think your fuz dog made a great first impression on what this tournament is about, we could be friends, PM me your information.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Most likely Friday around 5 pm will start Brawl and Melee TEAMS. Then on Saturday will be Brawl and Melee singles throughout the day with the finals Saturday night for those games. Finals time is tentative but for the tournaments those are pretty much the set times.

Again if you can afford to stay at the hotel and help out this Venue it is extremely appreciated, this isn't your typical venue that can only fit 100 people where everyone is uncomfortable and crammed. I haven't had a single hotel booking from anyone coming for Smash and that's really hurtful to the future of Smash at CEO events. I'm trying to build something for smash but for some unknown reasons I don't seem to be getting any support at all other than those who personally know me or have helped me out in the past.
Google, what would be the downside of not registering for this soon? Like in late. Also, im sorry but attendance isn't looking to be a bunch atm. I mean if all the OoS people weren't going to book hotels ik what you mean and i hope you get as many people as possible to book a room. I just don't think any Fl smashers would pay for a hotel when they are so close :p know what i mean? I understand it helps...but yaaa~

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Google, what would be the downside of not registering for this soon? Like in late. Also, im sorry but attendance isn't looking to be a bunch atm. I mean if all the OoS people weren't going to book hotels ik what you mean and i hope you get as many people as possible to book a room. I just don't think any Fl smashers would pay for a hotel when they are so close :p know what i mean? I understand it helps...but yaaa~
The downside would be, if you don't register by May 30th online for a badge at $30 you will pay 35 for the following week and then at the door it is 40 for an entire weekend badge. Which I know seems really high to Smashers so at this point I'm not stressing the Smash side of things anymore. I want those who support CEO to have a great time playing smash and I'll ensure it runs smoothly but I realized I made a huge mistake in thinking I could rely on smashers to help me fill my Hotel up to make this event and I was wrong, so lesson was learned. It is what it is so to those who can make it out I appreciate it and to those going to OH I know they'll have a great time at an event focused just on Smash and I respect that. My event is higher because there is no other quality event on the east coast offering what CEO is offering this year. I just won't beat a dead horse the following year for Smash and will most likely drop it from the lineup at CEO 2012 unless there is a strong showing this year.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There wasn't a $30 to $40 entrance fee at last summer's CEO. And smash had a great attendance. I know, I was there.

Why mess with success? The only time a smash tourney is ever going to get away with that kind of entrance fee is if it's advertised as a national tourney.

No offense meant, I hope your tourney works out well but I certainly won't be there as I can't afford a $30 entrance fee.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
There wasn't a $30 to $40 entrance fee at last summer's CEO. And smash had a great attendance. I know, I was there.

Why mess with success? The only time a smash tourney is ever going to get away with that kind of entrance fee is if it's advertised as a national tourney.

No offense meant, I hope your tourney works out well but I certainly won't be there as I can't afford a $30 entrance fee.
None taken and I completely understand, but everything this year is bigger and better and with that comes a higher cost for the venue so I can provide a comfortable place for people to play, aren't you guys tired of going to tournaments where you have to push and shove just to get to your station. Last year's airport Hanger was on a whim so the venue and low price was what I could get in 3 weeks. This year everything had to progress to something better.

With that said, the only thing I can do for Smashers is rather than penalize the smashers who can't pay in advance and want to just pay at the door, I will sell them the venue weekend badge for a flat 30 dollars and not RAISE it to 40 at the venue if they are ONLY entering Smash. if you're entering other games I highly suggest ordering online now cause there will be Hundreds of players for Street Fighter and Marvel.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Wait do we have to preregister online? Or can we just show up and enter??? O__o

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Wait do we have to preregister online? Or can we just show up and enter??? O__o
If you're ONLY coming for Smash you can register and pay for your badge at the door for $30 plus the game entry Fees. I suggest Just Pre registering your name in the OP link to make it a little easier for the Smash Organizers of the event. If you plan on entering any other games You must pre register online or pay the 40 dollar late fee when you arrive.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
spectator badge is too costly imo. it should be $5 a day.

amber shouldnt be forced to pay $20 just to watch me play for a day

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
spectator badge is too costly imo. it should be $5 a day.

amber shouldnt be forced to pay $20 just to watch me play for a day
And nobody's girlfriend should be forced to come to a game tournament and just watch their significant other play videogames all day long, that is why CEO isn't just a tournament and has stuff for spectators to do as well in some form or another. This isn't a small little venue. It's a huge Hotel Ballroom and with it come costs and big expenses to have a great event. That is why it is $20 for the entire weekend. If you feel it is too high then I'm Sorry.

Honestly not sure on the Melee turnout. I'm usually good about guessing numbers for certain games but I have a feeling Melee will have at least 50 players and Brawl prolly around 70 or so. Those are just my guestimates.

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
My first big tourney in a while. Good thing I live with one of the people hosting this lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom