• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celestial Archives: The Samus Video & Critique Thread (Updated October 4th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added Omega's and Cherry's submissions to the archive.

I will also be clearing out any videos that are over a year old WITH owners who have not updated for a year, Allstar and Crews are perfect examples of this.

Also, Zero. Taking a game off, is not winning, for example, I play 1000 games with M2K's Metaknight, I win a single game, I took a game off him, but got absolutely crushed in the process, do NOT use that as evidence to support your claims.

Cherry, heres a critique:

Game 1: Stop airdodging before you zair when no projectiles are coming at you. I saw you do this countless times and all it does is delay the zair. Try to do the zair when your descending, not ascending, otherwise you get the full lag of the zair, and you will be punished for it. Follow up your zairs with descending missiles and more zairs. Keep the pressure on him, don't try to follow up with a standard AA jab combo, it will rarely connect, and if it does, you are still in the bad position.

Don't roll. For lord sake don't roll. A good Link would have punished those rolls. Mix up your game with pivot grabs and uairs, I failed to see a single fast falled uair land and combo effectivly, read the Samus Guide for some strings from uair, UpB and Dsmash are both beautiful ones to follow up on. Predict your opponents patterns, and even if Dsmash on it's own looks like a good punished, uair is extremely fast and the added 3-4% REALLY makes a difference.

Work on your ledge game. If Link comes for you offstage, you shouldn't have any problem beating him out, resulting in an early gimp.

I can see your Samus has the basics down, but you will need alot more offline experience to be able to keep up.

I played about 4 games against Ally, just for the record. But you're right, as always.
So let me get this straight. You get a once in a lifetime opportunity to play against one of the biggest names in Smash, and play 4 matches with him, highlighting a single win?

If you wasn't an upcoming Samus player, I would have told you to leave my quarters.

Removed dead links from the OP with assistance from Noobicidal.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't a tourney match, it were mere friendlies and Ally was probably sandbagging. I'm not saying he was at full strength that match, I was just stating that predicting a Snake's wavebounce grenade helped me in the match that I won versus Ally.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I feel like a ****** seeing all these new videos up and i haven't gotten in a single video of my up to date Samus. :(

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hahaha, I had started playing brawl maybe like a week before then, but only played like 2-3 times, so I was really rusty, Yeah, she needs to be faster that's for sure, I shudder when I watched those, but I figure I'd put them on here. I do a couple of me winning against him, but they are on my long lost SD card :\ wish I could find the bloody thing...

I got a bomb spike, I NEVER get those, only gotten 3 in my entire lifetime

Tudor still plays, he just doesn't play as much/in tournaments.

You are more then welcome to upload videos of your Samus.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Got a good amount of matches uploaded against a decent Marth main. He is my own personal rival considering he mains one of Samus's worst MU's

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rWEA_5ub9s

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAm-Swp35F0&feature=channel

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuC9AamNgs&feature=channel

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJAyQ8W3xY&feature=channel

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSbQt6Ku4Q&feature=channel

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCeA2Eod0K0&feature=channel

Omega (Samus) vs Rain (Marth) 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ObMf749wQ&feature=channel

Note about match 5. Beggining is just embarrassing, but ****it i love the comeback :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hello,

hey talking about tudor, what happend with him?

his las record match are at 2008,

he isnt playing brawl anymore?

Can i upload vids of my samus?
Tudor still plays, he just doesn't play as much/in tournaments.

Hes super outdated(he has a 08-early 09 style). He doesnt enter singles and he only does doubles for fun. His focus is on college(med school?) and his girl. Hes down for the count.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hes super outdated(he has a 08-early 09 style). He doesnt enter singles and he only does doubles for fun. His focus is on college(med school?) and his girl. Hes down for the count.
What ever happened to your college, and your girl?

Off topic, but congratulations all the same, Xyro ^^.

Added Omega's submissions to the archive.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Your spot dodge->d-smash habit is irritatingly not getting punished.

If you want critique, I'll give it over AIM. It takes too long to write it here.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Your spot dodge->d-smash habit is irritatingly not getting punished.

If you want critique, I'll give it over AIM. It takes too long to write it here.
Lol, that is one of my bad habits. To much muscle memory from playing as ROB so much, something i need to fix.

Hmm, i don't have AIM, would the PMs be any better?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Something real-time. I'd rather post a long critique than try conversing through PMs >.>.

I'm available in the following: AIM, MSN, Skype. If none of these works, then I guess I could write it out here =/.

Basically, I try giving critique while obtaining your input since you're the player. I want to know what's going through your head as you choose the options you make. It's better for both me and you. I personally dislike it when people critique my own videos without my permission or my input, since most often their suggestions are something I've come to realize already, or are moot and unhelpful (and just plain wrong occasionally.)

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, i see. That is a very good method of critique. Never thought of that myself. Kudos ;)

I have skype, my name on that is omegadragon4
Your method of critique does seem as though it gives the maximum amount of input and helpfulness. Good shiz sir

IYM!

Smash Lord
And yet no one wants to give critique lol.
i saw one of yours match, you vs marth 1

yu are good, but you need lear how to use better the missiles, and take a defencive tactic.

samus isnt very strong, and we need our Zair and missile to give damage, to keep our killing moves fresh

you are good, only need improve a little this points :)

Xyro77

I only watch the last 2.

Match 6 and 7

Since the marth is dumb enough to do all 4 hits of the dancing blade, ALWAYS punish it with a smash or d-tilt.

I see him nair/fair your shield without even trying to space it right, UP+B his ***.

ALWAYS keep some projectiles(zair too) coming at him. Its not always about hitting him because some times u just want to slow him down or bottle neck his approach to make it a bit more manage-able for you.

Keep in mind that higher level marths will UP+B your spike so keep that in mind next time u just run off and spike him.

PLEASE Stop throwing out random u-tilts. Its not really safe and it isnt worth anything till the foe is at 90% or more.

Over all advice:

Get as much damage in as u can when u see that he doesn't space well or does heavy lag attacks(4th hit dancing blade for example).

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the marriage Xyro!

Sorry to all the Samus mains that I am outdated and lame ^^

Then stop being outdated and lame ;___;. I still hold faith that you will get some footage up eventually, hence why I didn't delete you from the OP.

Get footage up. NOW.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
KJ, i'm sending material now, and i'll try to send more after i get my infinite replays code back.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
For 2 pro's to be facing each other, having only recorded 5/18 sounds like one of you guys ****ed up once in the other 13 matches, coulda been you or him but you somehow deemed them unworthy.

Pitiful :p

Added Xyro's submissions to the archive.

Also, please start momentum cancelling, you shouldn't be getting killed by fair :/

That's in your own world Xyro. In reality, your a scrub trashy Samus.

<3.

Expect some doubles from me in a few days.

Xyro77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom