• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celestial Archives: The Samus Video & Critique Thread (Updated October 4th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can expect more videos from myself within the next few days Serris, got my computer back. Just a bit of a heads up.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I played my buddy from the states in Offlinesies. I am sending them to him to get recorded, if that works I'll send serris the links to them

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im heading to a fest right now so ill get some vids from that. Im gonna try and get some falco/toon link ones maily.

You also aren't supposed to edit topics without the OP's permission. :c
Serris actually said at one point that he would consider fusing the topics.

So this is a trial basis thing :3.

SO SHHHH. Also it's not a rule, I just do it because it's nice.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I actually posted a vid in the critique thread vs Diddy that I wouldn't mind input on.

Will probably have more vids after this weekend too which is good, since most of the ones I have of me are Brawl- >.>

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Input mistake? It looks more like a trip without dashing. Which btw, the roll got you to the ledge faster than you dashing/running would have.

If you could replicate that, it would be an amazing tech find.

That was... strange O.o.

Get to work people, try to replicate that O_O.

Edit: Added KillerJawz' submissions to the archive.

Xyro77

The 1st match was eh(mainly cause of the SD). I recommend you get a medium or full CS as soon as u can cause it will eat through links boomerangs and his zair==FREE damage. If he tries to zair, u should retreat zair cause yours is longer and beats his. Try not to nair or usmash EVER. Both are horrible moves.

2nd match was MUCH better. PLEASE stop with the usmash(it hit like 1 out of 6 times u used it). You fell from the top platform with a uair then did an upb and it worked.....u tried it again almost instantly got punished(this set-up happened like 3 or 4 different times). Try not to commit to stuff just cause it worked the first time(in general, people learn from the first time they fall for it). I wont go any further on that subject cause i do the same thing sometimes and im just as at fault. Lastly, get a medium to full CS as much as u can.

3rd match was just u getting beat. This may sound weird and not make sense but that link is makin YOU play HIS game. You tend to go after him and thats when he takes care of business(link is GREAT u close) so try and stay FAR away as possible because samus WINS the projectile war with link everyday of the week. Im not saying you suck i just think hes better than you and maybe even knows whats coming(does he play lots of samus or do u barely play links). I recommend u watch me vs Legan(best link in usa) on the front page and steal some stuff cause what i do REALLY works.

That is fine, mixing up is just awesome, I'll show you a good mix here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzncS4Fmpic

Throughout the video, you can see I do a variety of mix ups from homing missle > super missle > zair > zair > zair,
PLEASE dont waste your re-tethers for no reason. If the fox was good he would have done some GROSS stuff to you since your tether was now useless. Other than that you play it pretty much like i would and thats ALWAYS a success.

btw, i watched your Izaw vids.......dear lord. I LOVED them so much. Very good job. i really LOVE the link vs samus matchup.

Also, would u put these new vids of me vs link on the front page?

Xyro vs Alsm(link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFsAX0R3qWM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePcsFVNuTwo&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajdodAi2fJ0&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvxQC9yaQc

i just re-watched these vids^ and i didnt use UP+B once. What was i thinking?

Xyro77 said:
PLEASE dont waste your re-tethers for no reason. If the fox was good he would have done some GROSS stuff to you since your tether was now useless. Other than that you play it pretty much like i would and thats ALWAYS a success.
Yeah looking back on it now, I shouldn't have wasted them like that. Thanks for pointing that out <3.

btw, i watched your Izaw vids.......dear lord. I LOVED them so much. Very good job. i really LOVE the link vs samus matchup.
I'm glad you enjoyed them <3. That MU is sexy.

Your videos have been added to the archives.

Also yeah, where on earth was Upb OoS?

Xyro77

Also yeah, where on earth was Upb OoS?
Man i dont know! Some times ill go into fights just not thinking about all my options. I could have used UP+B a billions times but for some reason i guess i didnt think about it. I still won though so thats good. it was a MM.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Input mistake? It looks more like a trip without dashing. Which btw, the roll got you to the ledge faster than you dashing/running would have.

If you could replicate that, it would be an amazing tech find.
Oh that. That was a forward roll, I thought you were talking about the SD. I used the roll to the ledge before this but I just never got matches up or anything.

EDIT: I could make a video about it if you guys want?

Man i dont know! Some times ill go into fights just not thinking about all my options. I could have used UP+B a billions times but for some reason i guess i didnt think about it. I still won though so thats good. it was a MM.
Well good stuff man <3.

Also Zero that was no normal roll. I ran that video in half speed, and Samus' body trips before she rolls, but she trips and rolls far far quicker then usual.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
We know it's a trip to roll, but the trip was quicker then it usually should be, and there was far less lag.
I watched that moment multpile times trying to think what happened. From what i could see, as Samus landed from the zair, it seemed as though she went instantly into the animation that you remain in after tripping, however, it completely skipped the tripping animation.
Very interesting find. The only explaination i have is that the zair may have actually caused it.
My theory is that a dash was buffered out of landing from the zair, and very slight landing animation of the zair seems to have canceled the tripping animation that should have taken place.
If this is correct, then it can't be recreated since tripping pretty much happens by chance. But this is only my theory, i would be interested to hear other peoples' ideas on this

Throwback

Smash Lord
Impressed by KJ's latest against fox. The fox was obviously unfamiliar with the MU in the first match, but played decently in 2 & 3. KJ was still on top of it though, great zair spacing. What really impressed me was that I don't think there was one occasion when fox ran in that KJ wasn't aware of it & changed from a zair to something else.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
nice vids of samus, but the combos vid are some old,

Dairdevil, and Chozen Champions- samus comunity vid. are my favorite XD

i think Samus is my second main, i train hard with her and improve some moves :)

Tudor, L!te and Killer Jawz was my inspiration :) thanks a lot

PD is true that Tudor is Death????? :(

i hope no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom