• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania Mafia - Game Over! Mafia and Traitor win!!!

Swiss

Smash Lord
No. He's obv town as he pushed for you to be wagoned, straight away realised you outed yourself, had a go at me for giving you possible outs (anit scum buddy play esp. when he clearly didn't realise I was baiting your scum buddies) and didn't consider the fact that you were mason leader possible.

If you were to flip mason (you won't) X1 would possibly be a play. Myself also if you ignore the fact there was no way I could have known you had a QT and got lucky.

The possibility of my bussing you has to be acknowledged, still makes X1 town. But we'll have to weigh up the likliehood of a new player willingly getting bussed etc etc

Swiss

Smash Lord
Zen is town. Strongly dislike EP.

Liked his first post initially, but could be him trying to drive a wedge between X1 and myself, as Edreescum would know we're both town and work off each other well (ish). Notice how he pointed this at X1, trying to cast doubt in his mind as opposed to my amazing, arrogant one.

Dark Horse/Inferiority/EP scum team is a possibility - if I'm right I deserve Platinum dice. Lynch Dark Horse and see what happens. Making too many links on not enough.

SOLID, Xas - you have yet to post. Thoughts?

If anyone suspects they will have activity issues coming up, replace out. This is gonna be an active game and you'll suffer for it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Just incase some haven't noticed, three people still haven't even posted here yet and we're already moving pretty fast.

Inferiority running away struck a chord with my but Iono yet, a scum team with two completely new players?
Don't think he was really "running away". I mean, if he had to leave then he had to leave. He can come back and address anything he missed.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
If it comes down to it, Dark Horse is the best lynch candidate at the moment (obviously). Swiss could also be good as well. I feel these two will give us the most reads on people Day 2.

But we're still fairly early in the game so there's plenty of time for me to change my mind.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Just incase some haven't noticed, three people still haven't even posted here yet and we're already moving pretty fast.

Don't think he was really "running away". I mean, if he had to leave then he had to leave. He can come back and address anything he missed.
did he really need to say he was leaving? I said 'iono' (i dunno) because I'm not sure and want to hear from him before i decide my opinion

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
What intrigues me is how swiss is going around saying "oh, i'm town, i'm town, that's right, i'm town"

Keeping my vote for him.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Vote: Dark Horse
Lulz

Edreeses is also scum. I'm ACTUALLY n0 cop in this game.

GG town. eezy wins.

lmao

just for clarification newbies n0 =night 0, or the night before day 1, its also known sometimes as the confirmation phase

Swiss

Smash Lord
Xas I love you.

Dark Horse, please show where \I've gone around saying I'm town. Please explain these posts

O btw EP - bearing in mind what happened in Oddworld where I was scum, do you think any town would trust me so early? I'm gonna have to do more than this to be anything close to confirmed.
If you were to flip mason (you won't) X1 would possibly be a play. Myself also if you ignore the fact there was no way I could have known you had a QT and got lucky.

The possibility of my bussing you has to be acknowledged, still makes X1 town. But we'll have to weigh up the likliehood of a new player willingly getting bussed etc etc
Where I clearly acknowledge the possibilities of myself being scum.

You are painfully obvious as scum.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@swiss

Look back the last couple of pages. Numerous times you've said "we" or "our" and even "We're both town", seeming to imply your part of the town.

Also, i think the day deadline should be shortened.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Still, there's other ways to go about convincing people you're town without ending day quickly. Let people know that you're not scum and that someone else is. Find someone you find scummy and keep an eye on their posts to reveal them as scum if you're truly convinced they're mafia.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Swiss you seem pretty sure on who is scum and who isn't despite a couple of people not even posting yet and many others only having very few words to say. You are trying really, really hard to get everyone to agree with you on who is the entire scum team scum instantly this moment. I can't be the only one not comfortable with your overly aggressive play.

And I asked X1 because I wanted to see his thoughts more, you already made a few posts with substance so I wasn't so focused with you. X1 still hasn't answered. It's not about rifts, its about helping me getting a read on you guys.

@xastrn LOL at n0 scum shenanigans ;)
@smargaret what are your thoughts on swiss play, and darkhorse's slip/alignement? Scum or noob town?

smargaret

Smash Rookie
So much scumminess, so little time ...

I'm not liking Swiss's play. I'm LMAO at Xastrn, and I don't believe that claim for a minute, for those of you who didn't play/read Oddworld. I'll post more once I've read, and not just skimmed, the thread - that'll teach me to go away for a day.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
@EP: I'd vote Swiss over DH, and that's probably what I'm going to wind up doing. Mostly it's meta, his playstyle feels very scummy compared to the scum/town games of his I've read. Again, look for a much bigger post coming.

Life

Smash Hero
@mod request vote count

I might vote to pressure DH or Swiss, but for obvious reasons I don't wanna be the hammer.

(You guys can call me InCom if you need to abridge my tag BTW)

K, so obviously people think I'm scummy... if I'm still alive by LyLo that reputation could lose it for town. I gotta stop being dumb :urg:

DH's last statement does seem a little scummy. Something about the whole "Mason-or-scum" thing seems a little off. Don't forget there's a third option: cult recruiter. I don't see a lot of those around dgames, but this IS Castlevania... anyone else thinking that might be the case? It'd mean DH could still recruit someone, and that someone could confirm him as town, pretty much guaranteeing some kind of scum wins; meanwhile, mafia thinks DH is town and is pressuring him alongside actual townies, whereas if DH was mafia recruiter there would probably be less pressure from the mafia. Just something to think about.

Or we could have the possibility that he's not a recruiter at all and is bluffing, but I'm not getting that vibe.

@Xastrn: Are you being serious about Night 0 cop? Your post seemed... off.

Anyway, all this talk of Oddworld, guess I should go read it.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
Swiss

Darkhorse edited his post (#7). @ mohttp://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11439570d Will this result in a modkill? In breach of 'fundamental' rule#4. Dark Horse have you read the rules? If yes, are we to expect you to skim repeatedly in this game? If no, why no consideration for the rules?

Vote Dark Horse
Interesting to note that while other people brought up the edit, Swiss was the one who asked if it would result in a modkill.

#62 Why are you feeding DH answers? And why are you rolefishing?

#73 I also dislike this. 1) Swiss is assuming control of the town. This is a Bad Thing, especially since he is far from obvtown. 2) More rolefishing. 3) Trying to direct power roles.

#99 Swiss, this just looks bad

InCom

#21 InCom, why would you "mild FOS" Swiss when you don't have a vote on anyone else? Testing the waters? And that loooooong analysis of how many scum we have in the game is a classic example of non-content that is designed to look like a pro-town contribution.

#38 Setting up to active lurk.

#82 The WIFOM, it burns.

#87 Now InCom is directing power roles?

@mod request vote count

I might vote to pressure DH or Swiss, but for obvious reasons I don't wanna be the hammer.

(You guys can call me InCom if you need to abridge my tag BTW)

K, so obviously people think I'm scummy... if I'm still alive by LyLo that reputation could lose it for town. I gotta stop being dumb :urg:

DH's last statement does seem a little scummy. Something about the whole "Mason-or-scum" thing seems a little off. Don't forget there's a third option: cult recruiter. I don't see a lot of those around dgames, but this IS Castlevania... anyone else thinking that might be the case? It'd mean DH could still recruit someone, and that someone could confirm him as town, pretty much guaranteeing some kind of scum wins; meanwhile, mafia thinks DH is town and is pressuring him alongside actual townies, whereas if DH was mafia recruiter there would probably be less pressure from the mafia. Just something to think about.

Or we could have the possibility that he's not a recruiter at all and is bluffing, but I'm not getting that vibe.

@Xastrn: Are you being serious about Night 0 cop? Your post seemed... off.

Anyway, all this talk of Oddworld, guess I should go read it.
Isn't dumb or scum the Dgames version of the noobcard?

There's more WIFOM.

Read Oddworld. I think half this game was in it (me, X1, EP, Swiss, and Xastrn) and it'll explain the N0 cop thing.

The big thing here is not wanting to hammer. I want to hear an explanation of exactly what InCom meant by that statement.

DH

DH, you need to explain your votes. Town can't evaluate the strength of your argument if you don't present one. I'm assuming Ryker is just referencing something I'm not catching with EP.

#49 OMGUS. It doesn't get any more blatant than that. But then wait, backpedalling in #50! Again, without any explanation of why! The OMGUS is reading more as noobtown than scum, but the backpedalling is scummy.

I think Swiss and InCom are the two best bets for scum, though they're not necessarily scumbuddies. Swiss is more based on meta, so I'm going with InCom for now. DH, IGMEOY.

Vote: InCom

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think swiss is obv town already. Why else would he try that ploy on dark horse regarding the quicktopic? There's no way he's scum and trying to CATCH the noob. he couldn't possibly think there was any benefit in doing so if he was scum. it wouldn't cross his mind. he's gotta be town.

Honestly, guys, what are the chances that DH is town. really... REALLY....

Life

Smash Hero
InCom

#21 InCom, why would you "mild FOS" Swiss when you don't have a vote on anyone else? Testing the waters? And that loooooong analysis of how many scum we have in the game is a classic example of non-content that is designed to look like a pro-town contribution.

Mild FoS was because I had very little to go on, and what I did have wasn't even in this thread. EP already called me out on that one IIRC.

re: number of scum ingame
1. Swiss asked me a question. I answered.
2. It wasn't that long. Some simple math, and then "3 scum would be most balanced".

#38 Setting up to active lurk.

k?

#82 The WIFOM, it burns.

Not sure why you thought this was WIFOMy. I was trying to say if he's town, DH getting NK'd would be a bad move by mafia. Although I'm starting to think the logic I used was kinda weak.

#87 Now InCom is directing power roles?

'Twas a suggestion. And probably a bad idea, I'm slowly more and more convinced DH is anti-town.

Isn't dumb or scum the Dgames version of the noobcard?

There's more WIFOM.

Specifically? Are you referring to the part about DH being potential Mafia Recruiter? I'm not sure I could make a definitive case against it. Either way, DH is a scum recruiter of some flavor.

Read Oddworld. I think half this game was in it (me, X1, EP, Swiss, and Xastrn) and it'll explain the N0 cop thing.

I'm planning on it.

The big thing here is not wanting to hammer. I want to hear an explanation of exactly what InCom meant by that statement.

Simple. I don't wanna accidentally end the Day early, that would be incredibly bad for town and would probably result in my lynching D2. I do think DH is likely anti-town (specifically, an indy cult recruiter). I just wasn't sure if he was at L-1 yet. If he's not at L-1 I'll vote DH. If he is, I won't vote for him as it would cut the Day short.

I think Swiss and InCom are the two best bets for scum, though they're not necessarily scumbuddies. Swiss is more based on meta, so I'm going with InCom for now. DH, IGMEOY.

Vote: InCom
You make a good case.
tl;dr DH is scum, but I don't want to vote until gheb posts another votecount to avoid an early hammer.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have a feeling this game is going to go by hella fast. It usually takes days to get this many connections..

but Swiss as I said, I think you need to slow down. Think about it. This is DH's first game. Yes the probability that someone who has a quicktopic is also scum is much higher than them being town, but that doesn't mean they still can't be town. The fact that DH knew the exact term "Mason" doesn't ring anything to you? DH has shown multiple times that he is not fully up to grasp with the rules and terms of mafia. To name a few: editing his post, revealing he has a quicktopic, not knowing what flavor is. I don't think he would magically know Mason, and his posts after are hella legit.

I feel like the fact that this is both Incom's and DH's first game is being underlooked, and I'm certain scum is trying to use this to their advantage. We can't treat two first timers like they have been playing for ages. That's not to say that neither of them are scum, but we can't call them scum for something like declaring that they need to leave and will be back later. Seriously WTF at people who are suspicious at Incom for that. Those are the most BS scum tells I have seen.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I don't think Dark Horse is scum. However, his play is. But that's understandable.
I don't think being newbies should automatically clear them (like Zen said).

Incom is sort of on the fence for me. I think I missed him saying it was his first game which if that's the case then maybe I'm over thinking things. But posts like this
while not exactly a scum tell throws me off a bit.

Even though I'm pretty sure Dark Horse is town, his lynch would probably be the most beneficial only because of reads we'll get which I'm sure I've stated before.

Swiss' play so far is very sketchy to me and kind of just seems all over the place.

Don't forget that we still haven't heard from S.O.L.I. D. guys.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Smarg - explain more in depth. Asking for a modkill on a player I thought was probably new. Bad how? Pressure is pressure. Note myself then suddenly being nice to him and asking the crucial question - he let his guard down. I then got him to confirm he DID indeed have a QT as it could have been explained away as a 'joke' (I didn't want to leave it to chance). I asked him to name someone he'd recruit - there was a chance he'd realise he'd be outed and name a scumbudy that would verify his story, it would have been a nice red flag on that person and there was little/no cost involved in extracting the information. Please explain how #99 is bad, I see multiple stances after all my content. Had I not taken stances, this would have been suspicious. That'll do for now. As a side note, I wouldn't rely on Swiss meta - it's not reliable. Why? Because I change my scum play every time - hence me being considered a strong scum player. Also think it's dodgy trying to meta me (even though as I say meta is unreliable on myself) when you don't even think know my 'town' meta. It's true you can meta some players - but you need to have played multiple games with them at the minimum. With myself how would you know what was scum tell and what was null tell or town tell when all you have seen is myself as scum, once?

tl;dr - You didn't to realise my 'rolefishing' was trying to get him to out a scum buddy. Post #99 is bad, how?

Inferiority Complex - Why do you not want to hammer? Also, out of curiosity, is Incom always/regularly your abridged name? Incom seems a bizarre choice. Inc is maybe more likely.

Zen - imo he was fed the mason line. As soon as he found out about the QT he's have been refreshing it like a hawk. I was desperately tapping f5 on mine as my first time as scum (first game too).

Air - you should probably explain how my play 'has been all over the place'. I lied to Dark Horse to get all the information I could out of him (as opposed to X1 who just wanted to kill him there and then). You are aware of this? If not, re-read. If yes, explain.

Where I clearly acknowledge the possibilities of myself being scum.
In response you say:

If you're town there aren't any "possibilities".

I know I'm town - you do not, assuming you are town. Thus I acknowledge that, in towns eyes, my finding and lynching scum does not equate to myself being town. There is a possibility I will be 'bussing' Dark Horse to town - which I acknowledge.

EP -
Swiss you seem pretty sure on who is scum and who isn't despite a couple of people not even posting yet and many others only having very few words to say. You are trying really, really hard to get everyone to agree with you on who is the entire scum team scum instantly this moment.
Dark Horse/Inferiority/EP scum team is a possibility - if I'm right I deserve Platinum dice. Lynch Dark Horse and see what happens. Making too many links on not enough.
See bottom bolded, I acknowledge this is not necessarily fact.

See top bolded. Not really. I've only asked people to lynch Dark Horse, I've not pushed the rest of my beliefs upon people at all yet, I will later depending on what information comes to light. I've stated my suspicions, you'll need them upon my death or Dark Horses scum flip. I have content and stances, unless you're going to accuse of of scumminess from that I fail to see your point.

There is no reason not to lynch Dark Horse, if he does flip mason it'll be mad unfortunate. Scum QT's outnumber mason QT's what, 9:1? Dark Horse you never answered my question.

As for this:

@swiss

Look back the last couple of pages. Numerous times you've said "we" or "our" and even "We're both town", seeming to imply your part of the town.

Also, i think the day deadline should be shortened.
If I'm referring to someone as town, (as town OR scum) - I'm hardly likely to refer to myself as an unknown. Everyone talks (grammatically) as if they are town - no-one expects people to believe they are town because of it. It just means it's one more thing scum have to do. It makes scum's game slightly harder so all town do it (and scum then have to do it as well). Plus, why wouldn't we?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, Zen.

Dark Horse, why are you voting X1?

Unvote Vote X1

There are many reasons for you to have a quicktopic, it does not mean you are scum, you could be in a pre set masonry (town) cult which are very common. Thus the fact that you admit having a quicktopic is not reason to lynch you. Do you understand what I'm saying?

@swiss

The mason.

I did feed him the masonry line - it wasn't 'legit' at all.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'd forgotten that until I just found it. The Zen part of my #156 should now read a scumbuddy fed him wrt who to recruit. Imo. I fed him the masonry line.

Swiss

Smash Lord
O btw we have two new players here. Inferiority/Dark Horse - I assume this is your first time meeting? i.e you don't know each other.

Better to clarify that now, even if it is a bit late.

Top Bottom