• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Smash V Please come M2K! April 25th 2009. Centereach, NY. Brawl/Melee/S64/SF4

MTD

Smash Apprentice
ill be here for ssb64 and melee doubles/singles

when are the rules for ssb64 gonna be up

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Sakurai put in the ic cgs for a reason
You kow, I don't know if half of the things in the game were put in there intentionally or if they were just left in their because of Nintendo's wonderful lack of testing. Sakurai!!!

No. They just hype him up. I mean he's not bad, just not as good as all of his friends make him out to be.
Rope was good enough to scare MintyFlesh so bad that he left the venue after a MM.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think more characters could be added to low tiers? or am I just crazy....

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I understand that they will most likely keep it banned Fyist. But I am doing this so that perhaps one of the tournament runners might make a comment and explain to me why they think it is fair to ban the infinite. And I am looking for something more than just it is broken or unfair. I want them to explain to me why it is broken or unfair. And perhaps after they see that there only explanation for banning it, supports bad players, they may consider unbanning it. Since I have commented about the ban on this thread, many players, who often go to castle golf tournaments, such as yourself, have stated that the chain grab should be allowed or at the very least, they would be willing to fight against it. Very few players have flat out said that it is broken and should be banned. So whose interests are Will and Chris looking out for when they ban the ice climbers infinite? Good players like Dabuz, Fyist, and CJT are all willing to have it be legal, so whats the problem?
I can see where you are coming from Sorto, and I appreciate the dedication you have put into your technique. After consulting with Chris, I have decided to release the ban on the ice climbers infinite, as it seems to have prevented your participation in our tournament, which is definitely not something that we want- that is, to keep people away from our events. I agree that in order to improve overall we should each learn how to avoid the infinite, or possibly prevent it by separating Nana from Popo beforehand ;p

We apologize for indirectly keeping you from our events, and perhaps you can inform me in person as to what many Ice Climbers mains have come to expect in tournaments, as far as rule sets go. I ask this so that we may establish proper limitations on the infinite so that it is not considered stalling (my interpretation is that if it is executed to over 300%, it is considered stalling). Again, we apologize and hope to see you again at our next tournament, along with anyone else from Stony Brook that is willing to make it =)

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Yea Will, you are correct. THat is the usual limitation put on it to avoid stalling. And glad to hear that the inifinite is allowed.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
This is a grand day for the ****** Civil Rights movement.

Oh, and any word on whether or not textures will be allowed at this?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I can see where you are coming from Sorto, and I appreciate the dedication you have put into your technique. After consulting with Chris, I have decided to release the ban on the ice climbers infinite, as it seems to have prevented your participation in our tournament, which is definitely not something that we want- that is, to keep people away from our events. I agree that in order to improve overall we should each learn how to avoid the infinite, or possibly prevent it by separating Nana from Popo beforehand ;p

We apologize for indirectly keeping you from our events, and perhaps you can inform me in person as to what many Ice Climbers mains have come to expect in tournaments, as far as rule sets go. I ask this so that we may establish proper limitations on the infinite so that it is not considered stalling (my interpretation is that if it is executed to over 300%, it is considered stalling). Again, we apologize and hope to see you again at our next tournament, along with anyone else from Stony Brook that is willing to make it =)
april fools!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, if you got them," show me your textures!" I just looked some of them up, they truly are bad ***.
Yeah, they're pretty sick. I'm actually making some too.
By the way, I figured it would be a good idea to make textures for the characters like
Sonic, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer who dont really change color and are annoying to tell apart in doubles. You know, like make the red sonic actually red.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
CJT, do you actually make them yourself. i would love to see some of them. and i got texture hacks going on my wii too.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to play on any texture hacked wii's in the tournament. Just a heads up.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
CJT, do you actually make them yourself. i would love to see some of them. and i got texture hacks going on my wii too.
Well, kind of. The texture files are like wierd squares, for example, I was trying to make a DK wearing a tux, but his arm file is just a box, and its really hard to tell whats what. For now, I can easily use color replacement to make slightly different color, nothing-special textures. But During this week off I plan on working on textures extensively.

And I'm guessing everyone's apprehension to playing with textures is the idea that someone might sneak in extra hacks? If thats the case, keep in mind that you can just as easily do that with infinite replay hacks as well. My suggestion is to make a tournament-certified .gct that people can upload to their SD cards from the official laptop before they start their wiis. All we need is an SD reader,( which I think I have, if not I plan on buying one this weekend anyway). That way, the TO's know for a fact what hacks are on what wiis. If you guys want(will and chris) I can make a standard .gct+.bin (idk if you guys know about using snapshot files to extend the code limit) and upload it for you guys, you guys can check it out and make sure its legit and whatnot. The only codes it would have are: In the .gct: textures and the read-codes-from-snapshot-file hacks, the snapshot would have replays, no trips, unrestricted pause camera, whatever. Just let me know if you want me to, or if you don't understand any of that.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
you can fit all the files on 1 GCT. the codes for the texture hacks, and the no trip, infinite replay. that's really all we need. and if Kirin, can bring his laptop. he can get a "tournament" standard GCT. or why not, just have 1 Wii with texture hacks. and the rest are for the tournament.

Zero Nude Samus anyone.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
What's the deal with playing on a texture hacked wii in tournament lol? Stop being ******s guys. Seriously. I even went out of my way to make the hacks match teams colors

doommachine15

Smash Ace
If i think your good enough and you wanna team i'll give you free entry. And i think most of the people in the thread will say that i'm not a newb at all.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
If I get in for freeeeeeeeee yee yeyeeee lets do eeet

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
As long as I can play Red Mario and Red Link I'm cool.
Oooohh... sorry... those are actually the only ones I hacked...

But seriously, yeah those will be left alone. I keep mine color-coordinated so they dont **** with teams, and I havent seen a good red mario or red link hack.

I'm actually working on the Character Selection Portraits now, that way you can see which texture you're playing with.

Top Bottom