• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 Results. ~ Check second post for links to vids/pics

Levi5

Smash Ace
Shoutoutz

I'll try to keep this short and simple.
For those of you who I never met: I'm sorry I never got around to meeting you. Remember that dude with the pink shirt and the camera? That was me, my bad on missing you (forgive me? >:3)

To Everyone:
I had a great time at the tournament (and I hope you did too). Many thanks to everyone that helped make it happen, thanks to everyone that came, and everyone that tried to come. Lets do it again sometime. I'll be making a short reel of what was most entertaining, from what I captured on my 2 short, 1 hour tapes. I accidentally forgot to bring extra tapes, my bad =[ (I even recorded over my backup tapes of the movie I'd been working on for 3 months; to get more of the tournament).
Individual shoutouts:

Bam: Gratz on First place, I'm very relieved that a Canadian won the Canadian tournament. Thanks for covering all of our necks :p.

Silent Wolf:Good one coming up from losers bracket, lol @ how drugged out of your mind you were.

FalseFalco: OMFG CARL I
ing love this cat mousepad. Thankz bro. GG sending Quiet Dog into losers, those matches were all sorts of crazy... Too bad I never filmed them (whoops)

Firexemblemxpryde: I had fun with our set in the losers bracket. Talking after the tournament brought some lolz too kkthxbai.

Eggz: (I'm Levi Trodd on facebook.) We never had our mario ditto. No big deal though, we both know mario is trash lol. Next time

MikeMonkey: Thanks for taking my side of the money match with Stu, it's a shame the moneymatch never happened :p

Kage: We STILL didn't have our money match. I remembered just as I was leaving, kinda like last time =\. We'll have it at flatzone probz :p

Runawayfire: I don't even know where to start. Props for staying strong in a smallish community like flatzone. I'm still to this moment impressed, I never figured Jiggz could be played that consistantly. I'm slightly inspired, I want to give her a try myself now. GG. I'll get back at you in flatzone :p (no
ing dittos though, lol)

CAOTIC: I loooove your photography, keep at it. I never got to play you but a chance to talk seemed suffice for me. From what I saw you impress.

NoobKing: Fun stuff @ the hotel. You're my fave OoP smasher fo sho. Our Crew battle was hilarious. GGz

SuPeRbOoM: Lol, Dan we played 1 match, and it was awful. There were like noooo combos :p. We need to finish our Final match of MP3 with Sid someday.

PKMvodka: Never really did a whole lot regarding you, 2v2 friendlies after the tournament. Those were full of lolz, but other than that not a whole lot. Maybe next time.

MagnuM: We forgot our moneymatch! We'll do it next time, and I'll get my money back :D. Shame your stuicide missed in our set. Match 3 would've been intense!

Solaris: Wow, way to step it up Jarrett! You placed better than like 99% of Calgary's players. I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever played you before though! :O

FastFox: your m2 sux

Ermine: lol gg taking out Sho AGAIN. He's going to rub it in so hard when he finally gets back to you. Good to see you again, shame we never played.

Killlock: Finally met you Jack! Sorry I ditched out on 2v2 with you back at ADAT. I had no intentions to be rude D: Marth Quartet on Hyrule Temple was the most serious business I've ever witnessed.

xpiritflare: No John johns, where the hell did you go?! I never saw you like the entire time. Not even any of your matches. I'm still glad you came, and I hope you'll come to more tourneys!

Brdy: No biggy on the Contact junk, I just tore'm out later anyways. We never ended up playing but it was great talking to you.

Kithkin: I was too busy with my own performance to acknowledge yours, shame you had to play Joel second round. You did better than I expected with what you were given. Keep reppin' yo ganon, he's gettin' there.

Tyson: Glad you supported me, as always. Pleasure seeing you again. Don't get ***** too hard by uni. Thanks for all the help in previous tournaments.

Victra: I'm very impressed with your efficiency in the tournament, as well as all those that helped you with it. You really pulled your act together on this one. Sorry I never helped out, but I did promise you never again :p. I'm sorry I told you I'd not help so coldly, but you stained my name a little with your other tournaments. You've redeemed yourself with this one, in my perspective. I had fun with our moneymatch AND our set in the bracket. Stick with fox, you know him pretty well. Stop showboating. DI will come to you soon and you'll improve substantially. AND DON'T COUNTERPICK FD AGAINST MARTH :3

Nitrocidal: STOP CHOKING. I eagerly wait for the tournament you live up to my expectations >=[. I'll help you learn DI and all that jazz though :D

Dynamism: Nice talkin' to you, I agree that I was a tad rusty in pools. Too much filming, not enough playing :p. Luckily I pulled myself together and grabbed a nice placing. Yo weegee was tight.

Mach5: Allen, I hardly ever play you anymore. Thanks for showing up to Alex's Birthday. Improvement follows practice. How's that for a shoutout?

JAPMAN: You need to stop stressing out so much about tournament placings. It's all about having fun. So what if you got eliminated by Kevin again? When you beat him it's only going to make it feel that much better. Maybe you'll get a good rivalry out of the deal, just look at Luke and Victra, their series defz entertaining.

Halcyon.Days: Wow Matt, holy ****. Seriously, you have the most potential I've seen out of ANY new player I've EVER seen. Christ, Stick to it man, 4 months and you're that good? Our mario ditto was so close you'd have to call it on a coin. Turbo-props.

Toph: lol are you perma baked? Shame you didn't want to moneymatch, could've been fun. Our friendlies were dope. Good luck back in Washington.

vertically challenged: Your ability to catch onto reaction times is incredible, I watched (and filmed) your set with Alphicans and I found it fascinating how many times you would throw a turnip (or d smash :p) right when he was about to make a mistake. You did very well in pools too, you nearly took out one of Alberta's top 10. Looking forward to your tournament in flatzone.

ICYU: I'm glad you came, it's been too long. Get back in your groove!

RL Prodigy: As per usual outstanding performance! gg Andy

Alphicans: As you said, you've gotten a lot better. However, I think a lot of people also got a lot better :p. I'm sorry that you picked up shiek, hopefully you get over that soon. Keep looking for help and you'll find it. You play similar to what I used to.

Blitzmidfielder:
You lived exactly up to my expectations, hats off! You're awesome off of smashboards too! See you at flatzone? Your mewtwo was pretty tight. Keep at it!

Albinoguy:
Props for all the help you offered for Victra. Takes a lot to be that patient with someone :p

Steve:
It's a shame you didn't have money for singles! People are missing you in your shoutouts because of it D: Playing 2v2 with you was fun, as always. Great seeing you again.

Sid: BLARRRRRRRRG
Why didn't you come!?! Going all the way to Calgary and having to deal with Ashley, or half the distance to play a video game for 2 days. It seems like such a simple decision :p. You missed out, and it would've been even better if you came. It's okay though, I know you were trapped and unable to kill. MAYBE IF YOU STOPPED BLOWING UP THE WALL

Last edited:

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Pre-shoutout apology: Sorry I was sick and tired and not as much fun as I could have been. In retrospect I probably shouldn’t have put so much emphasis on my placement in the tournament, but that’s just who I am. Again, sorry.

Bam – Thanks for making the trip. First you ***** my door, then you ***** my province gg. I need to come to Quebec to train or something cuz im definitely missing something that you seem to have.

PKMvodka
– Good to see another veteran hit this tourney. Thanks again for making the trip out here Your DK is really good, but im sure you’ve heard that from everyone you’ve played already. If you’re open to suggestions about your main, you should main sheik. Your sheik is hella good and we don’t have any fantastic sheiks in Canada.(or the states for that matter.)

Kage – Kageee. Good to see you again. Although we never actually played outside of friendlies it looks like your Ganon improved like you said. Bummer on not placing how you wanted, next time I expect to see mad fox countering skills.

Silent Wolf – I didn’t actually expect you to be so quiet lol. Good job taking me out and being a technical ****, but I will revenge you someday soon :). You play a really weird Fox and somehow it works for you. Kudos for making fox look interesting.

Adam Brown – Thanks for the good times in Edmonton. You seemed to have changed as a person to someone more Washington-esque, but once we had our heart to heart over thai food you were back to basics. Sorry I was tired and sick and not a lot of fun. Next time we will party.

Victor – Good stuff running the tournament. You looked like you were having more fun that most of us there. That’s a farcry from me when I host (Stressed out) so it can only be healthy. Thanks for sandbagging in our match btw lol.

Mike – Thanks for the support big guy. You know my Marth is just a carbon copy of yours with less cool and more edgeguard, so I have you to thank more than everyone for my placement.

Manuel – I remember when I first met you I thought you were an *******, but now I see the errors of my judgement. Probably the most energetic person there, you definitely made the tournament a party. Let’s just say you’re the only person I could have had fun with just a sleeping bag in a hotel lobby. If I come to Vancouver again you have to take me around town k?

Levi – Nice clothes. Every time I see you, you change your style. I didn’t get to smash with you but next time there will be Roy. Lots of Roy.

Runawayfire – Good games in pools and stuff. You’re repping the puff well. Marth’s a pretty stupid matchup though; our matches were like 4+ minutes. Good job bringing mute city to the table as well. I never touch that map.

Caotic – Funniest thing ever was when Stu asked if you were going to the party and you were like “It’s a party” as if it was the stupidest question you had ever been asked. Good games on battlefield (every time I watched you play another Marth, it was on battlefield. :() and I hope you got some good practice in against a decent one.

Stu – With no lemonlau36 in your path you looked to be unstoppable this tournament. Nice Bowser dittos with Eggz, those were really entertaining. Sorry about the hassle with some people not paying you money and stuff, and thanks for letting me use your shower.

Joel – You pissed a lot of people off this tournament lol. Hopefully you make good to your debts asap. You looked like you had a blast, and besides wanting to play me a lot you were fun to be around. Keep up the good work and funny silent wolf impressions

Brad – Didn’t play you or watch any of your matches :\. Our only interaction was you trashtalking/encouraging me lol. I guess that’s pretty sweet too.

Eggz – Nice fox but I tipper foxes like you for breakfast. We need more money matches I think. I’ll learn to DI and not play like a chump and you learn to not get hit by my sword.

Dan – Hope you had fun playing your least favourite version of the game lol. You seemed to be doing well for someone who never plays.

Jack – Beast mode activate. Seems like that Brawl marth translates fairly easily into a Melee one. Your mindgames look better and marth doesn’t get ripped off as easily as link, so keep up the good work!

Jarret – Beastttt. Your melee game is definitely stepping up. It’s good to see you play like you jus don’t careee about *****es and ****. (That was the image your gangster playstyle gave me)

Tyson – My main man. Why didn’t you watch me vs silent wolf losers finals! I could have won! I think my new john is “Tyson wasn’t watching” lol. I didn’t get to see any of your matches so I can’t offer my opinion on your game but I’m sure it’s fine :) .

Sho – We didn’t get to play but 7-11 was fun stuff. Calgary seems like a party so I will be calling you up next time I’m there :) .

Steve – The Albertan 007. Suck about the sleeping arrangements. The only smash I saw you play was against Jason, but that’s probably the person you wanted to play most anyway right? Fun stuff with you and Manuel and as per usual you disappeared on day 2 to infiltrate the highest offices of our enemies and keep Canada safe from evil. Somebody’s gotta do it.

Allan – Everyone forgets about the samus player :(. Sucks about the second round bracket matchup you got, but good job ****** my Marth. For some reason I got a grumpy vibe from you, and the only time I felt you were enjoying yourself is when the sleeping bag shenanigans are going on. I don’t know you very well though so I could be out to lunch. Good games.

John – I didn’t even see you play. You’re so stealth. Keep on doing what I couldn’t and rep the red birdy.

Kyle – Thanks for housing 20+ complete strangers. I’m glad you didn’t need to (or forgot to) do the damage deposit thing as nothing (to my knowledge) was damaged. I hope you and your family enjoy your ice cream sandwiches and the knowledge that at least one complete stranger appreciates what you did to make his stay in Red Deer enjoyable.

Luke – The only match I watched you play was against Manuel taking him down to last stock. Good ****. Sucks about doing bad against a girl (That’s why I didn’t play her :))

Vertically Challenged – As a human being, a group of hollering hooligans behind you might be a bit unnerving, but as a smasher it’s the highest form of flattery. Next time I expect you to **** harder when this occurs.

Passed out guy – Thank you for existing. You probably couldn’t move for like 5 hours when you woke up.

Toph – Fun stuffs. Thanks for the Falco practice (even though I still got ***** by Bam in the end.) you started getting nervous when I started to play better. None of that! Keep on throwing out your game 110% when that **** happens. If I hit up Washington I expect to see you :).

RL Prodigy – You and 5950 kept stalking me to play lol. Nice Marth. Much better than the last time I saw it. It must be nice to have a skilled sibling to practice with. Keep it up!

5950 – Why did you quit sheik! I demand an answer!

Alex – Your IRL SHL is scary accurate. I think this is foreshadowing to a really nerdy irl smash vid that I’d like to be a part of. Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zOQq2N3xA

gg’s

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It was a guy under the alias Un_Gato. He was the guy who drove everyone from Washington, according the Brdy.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Greatly appreciated if you could Gimpy.

What's this? No shoutout for Dynie carl? (I was one of the guys in the doubles team that played you in the tourney only to find out that we weren't supposed to play eachother. We won, surely you remember losing to weegee ;D)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Greatly appreciated if you could Gimpy.

What's this? No shoutout for Dynie carl? (I was one of the guys in the doubles team that played you in the tourney only to find out that we weren't supposed to play eachother. We won, surely you remember losing to weegee ;D)
sorry I didn't really talk to you directly and it didn't seem like you liked me anyway

Dynamism - Thanks for making the huge trip from Vancouver (I've done it for smaller tournaments and it's pretty brutal). Also thanks for repping the weegee. Our resident luigi RJM didn't make it so unfortunately we missed out on some epic luigi dittos. If I come to vancouver I had better see you there and actually play you (1v1)!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
sorry I didn't really talk to you directly and it didn't seem like you liked me anyway

Dynamism - Thanks for making the huge trip from Vancouver (I've done it for smaller tournaments and it's pretty brutal). Also thanks for repping the weegee. Our resident luigi RJM didn't make it so unfortunately we missed out on some epic luigi dittos. If I come to vancouver I had better see you there and actually play you (1v1)!
Oh I'll be there for SFU TS2 fo sho!
I'm not actually from Vancouver. I live 5+ hours from there (I make looooong road trips to get to anything cause there's nothing by me D: ) but I'll be going there in Jan so see you then?

I heard the weegee there has anger problems. People said he throws his controller and spams Nair and I had nicer hair than him. XD
I actually think I met the weegee in Van like 8 months ago but I didn't play melee at the time cause my disk was broke for a while. :\

And what makes you think I didn't like you? :O
I didn't know who you were but I heard from Manli that you were good, that was all. And I was focused on the match cause of that. Usually I'm pretty loud when I play =D

1v1!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Levi has added a few more matches to youtube, and some more will be up later I assume.

Remember to keep checking the second post of this thread for new videos.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
^^ There, saves you the trouble of going to the first page. =P

How are the other vids coming along Levi?

Levi5

Smash Ace
Whoa whoa whoa. Something's wrong; match 1 of set 2 was NOT on Corneria... was it?

brdy_

Smash Lord
the one labeled 2.1 is actually 1.5 <_<

keep in mind the second set was only 4 matches, Bam 3-1'd Otto

Top Bottom