• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 Results. ~ Check second post for links to vids/pics

kithkin

Smash Champion
You have to get these situations, which in the most case are avoidable by the player.

Like roy vs Jiggz, I mean the jiggz will still **** you without even risking a rest, even if it's easy cause it's roy.

Stu, our Roy vs Bowser was epic.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to find time to reply to this! But somehow...alone in my basement on a Friday night(of all times!)...I have found this aforementioned time.

- Bam

You are the man! Definitely dominated me in our set and I even felt like I was playing good that day till I ran into you. You do a lot of the small things right and you seem like a step above everyone that was there in terms of ability. PKM gives me that impression too if he didn't have the most ******** suicides like every round hahaha.

- Silent Wolf

Ha sorry man, I didn't know it would startle you like that when I smacked your chest after our set there. Maybe you don't remember but seein your eyes shoot wide open like that was hilarious.

On a more serious note, I'm not really sure what to think about you guys taking focus enhancements in order to play better. As it stands, it's not banned and even if it was, there would be no way to enforce it - so i'm not on some holy mission to stop it or anything like that. It was just weird hearing eggz talk about how much you had taken and how much you were tweaking out haha. I know I could have said this stuff in person, but I didn't really know what to think about it at the time. Even I was almost convinced to try some at the tourney, but instead I just took it from Adam and will try it some other time when I got a free afternoon.

Regardless of all that, I really enjoyed our set and man did you ever step it up once Carl went up 2-0 on you in losers bracket. That was just sick watching you come back from something like that, as much as I was cheering for Carl. Good games sir.

- FalseFalco

I'm proud you man! Your marth was definitely on that day for singles. I feel bad about teams - how I gave you such a hard time for those first few rounds and then I blow it in our last game :( Oh well man, that's what we get for not having enough teams play in Edmonton!

- Firexemblemxpryde [ManLi]

Ah Manuel, I enjoyed hearing your (new?) signature "I got this" during matches. lol who knows if it works or not, it's hilarious.

- Eggz

I thought it would be you and Bam in the finals! And hey honestly, I feel it could have gone that way on another day. Loved the falcon set we had and I can't imagine how bad the trip back was.

- Kage

Teams Master! You definitely rip it up in teams man. I think that's partly due to the simple fact that Ganon has so many kills moves and it's easier to hit them in teams, but it's one thing to be a good Ganon and it's another to be Kage's Ganon! Too bad we didn't battle it out in singles at all, would have been fun.

- Runawayfire

NICE job on 7th and you will only get better. That was a really close set - Mute City was a smart pick and you almost clinched some of our games had you hit the rest.

- CAOTIC

Definitely not enough Peach players in the house! I hope Stu took care of you properly lol. And **** you take some nice pics!

- NoobKing

hahahaha for some reason the only thing I can remember is you waiving those 2 middle fingers as I was slowly departing via the skytrain. WTF was that?! lol, anyhow, you and i go way back and it just seems like no doubt that we will play again.

- Levi

Sorry for not wishing you good morning at the breakfast diner. Man that place was ****ed up. Watching brown people awkwardly serving white people food in a blatantly white people diner, were it not for the out of place indian paintings on the wall. I'm not trying to come off as racist, but man our server looked miserable hahahhaah.

- PKMvodka

Basically I figure your smash skill is influenced by the stars or some other external force that causes you to randomly either **** or suicide. Congrats on teams sir! Just get those rules figured out in advance hey ^_- (considering there's a good chance you would end up in the finals after all).

- MagnuM

I eat lunch with you almost every day. Post your pics already!

- FastFox

SORRY JOEL I HAVE TO CALL YOU OUT ON THIS ONE.

You basically screwed Stu over by staying in our room and never paying him. Pretty sad that actually happened, and if you're a real man you'll pay him back.

- Victra

"**** WoW!

*get's 17th place in doubles*

Oh snapppp, low blowwww."

lol man you wouldn't say something like that in person, especially after how you handled the teams brackets. But this tournament was actually pretty well run otherwise and the venue was SICK! Would be awesome to have another tourney there, IMO. I'm not sure if you've given props to the other guys that helped you with the tourney (Levi with the vids and the other guy that handled the brackets and money especially), but those guys deserve a lot of credit.

- vertically challenged

omg hilight of the tourney watching you take out alphicans hahahaha. The crowd was so into it and that's how smash aughta be!

- Chesterr

I got top 10 homie!

Eggz

Smash Hero
what about egg bowser =[[

mike, did you look into Joy Ride? LOL
cuz i watched it again and you look nothing like him. LOL
our falcon set was raaaaaaaaape and thanks for the vote of confidence <3

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
To be honest Adam, I don't remember my matches with you. Except that ugly ko on yoshi story with a reverse up b at like 11% >_>

what happened?

You were stoned, you tried reverse up B many many times. Also, I beat your Roy with G & W most of the time. On another note, they were friendly low tier matches >___>

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL you have to DI so badly to die from reverse up-b

its like any DI EXCEPT up will save you.
and that only applies to characters as light or lighter than jiggz.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
@Mike: I gave my thanks to Kyle, Manuel and Brad when the awards were given out. I'm glad you enjoyed your time, it really made me upset seeing you upset. I'm sorry the doubles bracket didn't work out as well as you probably hoped. Blame pkm and bam for late registration >=]

kithkin

Smash Champion
- FastFox

SORRY JOEL I HAVE TO CALL YOU OUT ON THIS ONE.

You basically screwed Stu over by staying in our room and never paying him. Pretty sad that actually happened, and if you're a real man you'll pay him back.

He didn't pay alex either for the night he mooched off us.

Or gas...

@Mike: I gave my thanks to Kyle, Manuel and Brad when the awards were given out. I'm glad you enjoyed your time, it really made me upset seeing you upset. I'm sorry the doubles bracket didn't work out as well as you probably hoped. Blame pkm and bam for late registration >=]

Yeah QFT it really was a perfect bracket till they joined.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT

smash child of the century

which reminds me

why aren't we doing awards after tournaments like most improved, best scrub, worst mistake, funniest etc

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Not really... Most improved? Jarret. Best scrub (or new guy)? Matt. Worst Mistake? Luke. Funniest? Luke. There, I think most people will agree on that.

EDIT: actually team **** WOW! probably has worst mistake, just juding by the players, and the poor placing.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Luke doesn't decide the god**** awards Eggz

Seriously.

Luke you can't just decide the awards.

Best new guy is defs matt though. (he shouldnt go most improved even though he is, but thats because he's never been to a tournament before? that cool guys?)

and uh- Eggz, why so specific, why not just cutest fat kid?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Luke doesn't decide the god**** awards Eggz

Seriously.

Luke you can't just decide the awards.

Best new guy is defs matt though. (he shouldnt go most improved even though he is, but thats because he's never been to a tournament before? that cool guys?)

and uh- Eggz, why so specific, why not just cutest fat kid?
yeah your right

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I want some kind of award....

Maybe something like, "loudest crowd reaction" or something.
Most popular smasher should easily go to Kat haha.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Least Involved in tournament

It's a tie between Victor and Passed out Guy.

Cause they both played in it. But nothing else.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Least Involved in tournament

It's a tie between Victor and Passed out Guy.

Cause they both played in it. But nothing else.
Hahaha.

Well, if you guys are interested, let's come up with a few awards and then we can nominate etc.

Top Bottom