• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 Results. ~ Check second post for links to vids/pics

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I'm not saying I got carried, because we both did good at different points in our matches. But you had a better mental game when facing kage.

I'm pretty sure noobking enjoyed getting rested 7 times in 2 matches.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol marth

was bam **** in teams? did he do well?
Bam DID do well in teams. I remember he got this one mindgame upsmash on the last set, last match and it pretty much won them the set cuz it was Ganondorf 2 on 1. GOOD move.
Yes.

I was getting ***** by kage a lot in grand finals. Bam wasn't emo and we could stay in the winning spirit because of him IMO.
=P Thanks for the recognition, Jason.
I'm not saying I got carried, because we both did good at different points in our matches. But you had a better mental game when facing kage.

That was ridiculous. Watanoob.
team work ;)
... because it's good to quote bam.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

7 times? Pretty sure that's not true at all. Pretty sure i kneed both of you to **** in the 2nd round :/ :bee:

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
=P Thanks for the recognition, Jason.

Not to sound mean or anything, but you kept running away from us ALL the time while kage was just on fire.

You got carried, sorry.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
LOL

man, PKM how does I counter pika in teams.
Sheik
Marth
Fox
Falco
Ganon
Jiggs
Falcon
Peach
Doc
Mario

honestly I think Pika loses to all of these characters. Besides being sort of even with Falcon, killing Jiggs at low percents, and being able to CG Fox/Falco - it isn't looking too good for Pika.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well my performance in teams as of yet seems to be quite beastly... Me and David were hella **** at those major tournaments. I don't know if I carry David.. but..

2v2s.. seems more deep than I thought in respect of it, I don't want to put anyone down.. it's just maybe I've got good teamwork with whoever I team with, I really don't know what I do or the other combined with me creates this amazing concoction.. lol.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Well my performance in teams as of yet seems to be quite beastly... Me and David were hella **** at those major tournaments. I don't know if I carry David.. but..

2v2s.. seems more deep than I thought in respect of it, I don't want to put anyone down.. it's just maybe I've got good teamwork with whoever I team with, I really don't know what I do or the other combined with me creates this amazing concoction.. lol.
You do have good teamwork with whoever you team with. It just becomes even more massive **** when the other person can do the same.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You do have good teamwork with whoever you team with. It just becomes even more massive **** when the other person can do the same.
We did sort of easily win AME lol... before that me and Matt did beat Bam and Vwins at SFF2.. and then me and david got 5th at Pound 3 I believe and then 4th at Georgia.. so close man QQ. And then Me and Manuel 2nd.. Nice track record ftw. lol.

I guess it all depends if I can properly defend myself, while my partner keeps the other 2 focused on him, and if so then my other 2 opponents = will get brutally analized.

Edit: I think anyways... anybody confirm?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
We got 7th at Pound 3.

iirc.

Although I got carried so w/e. Kage + 4 more stock got 7th at Pound 3.

Basically teaming with you (for my experiences) was a matter of trying to protect you when you were returning with needles and moves, trying to move into your Dairs when I was recovering offstage (meteor cancel that crap and fux with amazing) and gimping people when you knocked them off randomly because Sheik can do that.

And from there, just weaving around and avoiding getting hit by you. Which was hard at first but then I sort of figured out when you were going to do stuff so it got easier.

I think we could have beaten Dope/Darkrain and Wife/Plank but w/e. I screwed up game 1 and messed up too many gimps vs Dope. I need to work on that. Plank/Wife was just ugh. I kept running into D-smash. I might have well started each stock at 40-60%.

I fail lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We got 7th at Pound 3.

iirc.

Basically teaming with you (for my experiences) was a matter of trying to protect you when you were returning with needles and moves, trying to move into your Dairs when I was recovering offstage (meteor cancel that crap and fux with amazing) and gimping people when you knocked them off randomly because Sheik can do that.

And from there, just weaving around and avoiding getting hit by you. Which was hard at first but then I sort of figured out when you were going to do stuff so it got easier.

I think we could have beaten Dope/Darkrain and Wife/Plank but w/e. I screwed up game 1 and messed up too many gimps vs Dope. I need to work on that. Plank/Wife was just ugh. I kept running into D-smash. I might have well started each stock at 40-60%.

I fail lol.
Its all a matter of seeing it coming I suppose. Man if both of us can do that all the time consistently, we can definitely either get 2nd or even win. I'm just scared against one team which is PC-Cort.. these guys omfg..

kithkin

Smash Champion
High ceiling or a fastfaller. Ganon is a good choice too for doubles vs him. So is sheik.
;_;

I play Ganon and Sheik.

When our match started me and Tyson vs you and Bam, I got you to like 120% without getting hit, but then you combo'd me to death, and continued on to keep that stock untill I was on my last.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
;_;

I play Ganon and Sheik.

When our match started me and Tyson vs you and Bam, I got you to like 120% without getting hit, but then you combo'd me to death, and continued on to keep that stock untill I was on my last.
I..don't remember. But I do play more carefully when i'm on high % =/

unknown522

Some guy
Sheik
Marth
Fox
Falco
Ganon
Jiggs
Falcon
Peach
Doc
Mario

honestly I think Pika loses to all of these characters. Besides being sort of even with Falcon, killing Jiggs at low percents, and being able to CG Fox/Falco - it isn't looking too good for Pika.
falcon pika is not that bad (tail and gimps too easy).
mario/doc vs pika is not bad either (though I think mario can CG for a bit)

We got 7th at Pound 3.

iirc.

I fail lol.
all of us playing 1st round brackets was the gayest **** ever
and then me and david got 5th at Pound 3 I believe and then

I guess it all depends if I can properly defend myself, while my partner keeps the other 2 focused on him, and if so then my other 2 opponents = will get brutally analized.

Edit: I think anyways... anybody confirm?
I agree

kithkin

Smash Champion
I dunno, when I was ganon I did well just got ***** by Bam mostly, or by (P)i(K)achu (M)ega combos

and sheik Bam is too good to let me CG you.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
To be honest Adam, I don't remember my matches with you. Except that ugly ko on yoshi story with a reverse up b at like 11% >_>

what happened?

Stevo

Smash Champion
Roy is great in doubles because you can counter so much easier when there are 3 other people swinging around you.

I would almost pick Roy to counter jiggs because of his up-b.... if that wasnt ********

FalseFalco

Smash Master
That's the curse of the roy

you start thinking he's good in all these theoretical situations

then you convince yourself you want to play him

then you lose.

Top Bottom