• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEHR

Smash Hero
lol he did i figured he would use some srub character haha like ddd or shamu.

you play flox mclouds?

*CT*

Smash Lord
Melee- Fox, Marth
Brawl- Fox, Marth, TL

I haven't played Melee since the end of summer and I haven't played Brawl since I went down to GA for BBC (around March I think)

So I'm dying to play either game x.x

Dnyce

Smash Master
I feel you there Mekos, I stopped playing dubs altogether, just because I couldn't find a static partner that I liked or couldn't , if I ever find one I'd play in dubs a whole lot more.

@Dnyce- I thought about it, not sure, but wouldn't that work both ways though, as in if Rain used any attacks he would get that lag after using attacks.
Out of the 410 ~ w/e people at the venue..... only me and one other person seemed to realize this. And even then, knowing that this is going on take awhile to get used to since constantly watching a 5th thing on screen can be hard. Olimar also has the ability to recall the pikmin latched as soon as it's on, while the opponent doesn't.

BEHR

Smash Hero
TL/Jiggs/Kirby Combo sounds interesting.

Marth/Kirby Team sounds like a pretty great team also.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Out of the 410 ~ w/e people at the venue..... only me and one other person seemed to realize this. And even then, knowing that this is going on take awhile to get used to since constantly watching a 5th thing on screen can be hard. Olimar also has the ability to recall the pikmin latched as soon as it's on, while the opponent doesn't.
True I never thought about the whistle, yay I realize things that some people don't lol

@Behr- Like I said if we are ever at the same tournament or smash fest we can give it a try.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So he threw the Pikmin to cause lag, called them back with downB, then rescued his teammate? I assume he timed the downB so the super armor helped him. Either way, it's awesome.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
When he threw the pikmin onto rain, the opponents attack would hit the pikmin (causing hitlag) and then Rain (causing hitlag). These extra 4-6 frames of hitlag helped either Rain shield the attack before it even got to him, or it gave Nietono more time to punish. No Down-b required.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

I did really good imo in pools

- I had Dj jack a PRd falco from florida, only got 1 stocked. All he did was lazor and run away ._.'
- Tin man, I only got one stocked as well... sat there and threw pikmin the ENTIRE time >.<;. Took me 5 minutes to kill him. Why does everyone camp me?! T_T
- Malcolm who just completely destroyed my *** as wario. I could expect nothing less from his smexyness
- and i 3 stocked sphere.... so yeah

I played well though and i'm working on fixing the mistakes i made in pools. I felt really good after i was done though ^_^'

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
there's a steroid tourney coming up this month and I want to know how many people are expected so I can set up the venue and get the right amount of everything. Also nima has retired from smash and moved into the real world.

i may have a smashfest. idk yet

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nima retired? what =[ thats lame.
and singles def. takes more skill than doubles, cuz everyone sucks at it. just find a teammate and talk for 5-10 minutes and you'll have more teamwork than most other teams, as long as you're not *** thats free money

*CT*

Smash Lord
nima retired? what =[ thats lame.
and singles def. takes more skill than doubles, cuz everyone sucks at it. just find a teammate and talk for 5-10 minutes and you'll have more teamwork than most other teams, as long as you're not *** thats free money
Exactly what me and Seagull did for G6 ;o

First time I teamed with him but we got like 4th, then again he did carry me, but he did give me tips and advice when to not be so aggro.

You somehow going to the steroid tournament?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Stingers - U missed my whole warning. U don't judge skill based off of results only. That is what most of the smash community does and that is wrong. Results is a factor but not everything. Adhd get like top 3 at most nationals in dubs but he is not good at dubs imo. Do u get this?

U may be correct for winning but not for "skill".

Also, if that were the case M2k would have beat me and esam with WIll. He swept everyone but got beat by us. That is cuz teamwork is a factor at high level dubs play. It is just rarely seen in America I guess.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
looooooooooooooooooool

Brian, you're still an S-tier troll. ;)

I haven't retired at all. I was playing at Josh's fest! I've only missed a couple of tourneys & smashfests while bringing my GPA back up (It took a big hit in the previous semester, due to me being ****ing stupid.).

I've still got one more semester at UNCC, due to me needing one more course that I withdrew from previously. I'm taking two easy courses along with it, just for the easy As. Overall, I'll have plenty of free time this semester, and that means more Brawl for me.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
looooooooooooooooooool

Brian, you're still an S-tier troll. ;)

I haven't retired at all. I was playing at Josh's fest! I've only missed a couple of tourneys & smashfests while bringing my GPA back up (It took a big hit in the previous semester, due to me being ****ing stupid.).

I've still got one more semester at UNCC, due to me needing one more course that I withdrew from previously. I'm taking two easy courses along with it, just for the easy As. Overall, I'll have plenty of free time this semester, and that means more Brawl for me.
I got solid grades....

So since you told me you had a ****ty semester I can conclude one thing. You told us you were always busy and you never left your room at all except to eat. If you weren't studying then you were obviously shining your shoe laces

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I am unaware of that H1N1 but obviously u aren't. Too each his own tho...hahaha
LOL that you actually unblocked me and said something. I will be respectful this time around or not... you choose

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so is there any smash going on this weekend? I'm considering driving up to charlotte friday evening to see a friend, if there's something going on there. or stay in town and save gas money if there's something going on in raleigh.

V1CE

Smash Champion
so is there any smash going on this weekend? I'm considering driving up to charlotte friday evening to see a friend, if there's something going on there. Or stay in town and save gas money if there's something going on in raleigh.
no one wants to house you and your boyfriend if your coming to charlotte to visit ur gay friend and have buttsex then do that but no smashing with us straight fellas ya queer boy!!!

ya I agree is PR TIME lol i wanna see what will be new this time around...

Esam
Kadaj
Mekos
Stingers
PP
H1N1
Waldorph
Stockfield
Scotty OB
V1CE

All in favor say TROLL

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
when you're done having sex with ugly girls, get at me

fortunately though, doggie style was invented for people like you (ugly people); turn off the lights; don't have to see each other. just do the dirty and dismount.

in other news, I'm pretty excited thinking about new smash; I know it won't likely be compatible with gamecube controllers, although they incorporate a gamecube port for certain titles. However, I would in the very least suspect a plug in into the wii mote. Something like the classic controller (which isn't too bad for smash imo, with the exception of no c-stick) but better. Apparently, this game is going to have an entire team of people balancing the characters rather than just sakurai. Are people looking more for melee or brawl physics? Infinite air dodges or just one? wavedashing? floaty characters? or fast falling ones? broken or normal shields? I'm most excited by the new characters. I want to see the next good character with a sword. There was a character list leaked that had a female character from fire emblem, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. The new system will release as early as June or July, and smash is supposed to be an opening title. I'm as giddy as I would be at a Kesha, GaGa, and Beyonce concert.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Ordering within tiers doesn't matter.

God: ESAM
Top: Craig, Stingers, Mekos
High: Steve, Brian, JD, Scotty, Stock, Waldorf

Everyone else is either Mid, a Melee player first and foremost (PP), or FRAY (aka Low or Bottom). Thank you for your time.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
no one wants to house you and your boyfriend if your coming to charlotte to visit ur gay friend and have buttsex then do that but no smashing with us straight fellas ya queer boy!!!

ya I agree is PR TIME lol i wanna see what will be new this time around...

Esam
Kadaj
Mekos
Stingers
PP
H1N1
Waldorph
Stockfield
Scotty OB
V1CE

All in favor say TROLL
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was pretty sure PP didn't want to be on the PR. But if he did, I'd have him above Stingers, no offense to Stingers of course.

PP beat Stingers head to head at the last G6 IIRC and and would have beaten Boss at NCSU (PP was up 2-0 before Boss went 3 way split with him and Craig). Oh and Stingers lost to Boss.

Also I STRONGLY disagree with me being below Stockfield. (No offense Stock) Sure he's had a good season (except TGM 3) but I still consistently tie or outplace Stock in events we both attend, and I have never dropped a set to him head to head (granted we only played once this season). I don't think that losing to Jaurice should bring up this much punishment. I can see Waldorf being above me since he beat Stingers. At this point the only reason Stock would be put above me is because I lost to Jaurice and there is extreme bias against Jaurice. There really is no other reason for it that I can think of.

But of course, none of this matters. The panelists decide this, not you Steve.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I just wrote a mid-ranged mix-up on my feelings, but I remembered something.

My input and views don't really matter too much.

TL:DR- It's not all about placements, free brackets ftw.

EDIT: If I was really bored I'd go look up the brackets and all, but it's not that serious, I'd rather go play the game or study than talk about what we talk about every few months or so.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Pretty sure Tiger would be considered high level in this region after looking at that tier breakdown.

:018:

:phone:

*CT*

Smash Lord
I could care less honestly, I'd probably lose more to non-mk than to an mk. MK is kinda one of my favorite MUs with Fox though xP even if I do lose it most of the time.

EDIT: If I entered a tournament I don't think it would really effect my placement, either way.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
_-_ That was in 2009 give the guy a break.
I hope Stingers would have advanced his game to not get beat like that by Boss :/

I can imagine that with proactive spacing and good reads a rob could gimp a luigi. meh mada mada lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom