• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Counterpicking is pointless because everyone knows how to play MK now. Back in the day, you got to change the stage or the character, but nowadays, you get to change both. Unless the person you're fighting sucks at Metaknight, any benefits you get from changing the stage are moot. This is probably why 95% of all competitive smashers don't counterpick at all and instead just go to neutral stages. Because even if they chose a counterpick, the opponent would just switch his character anyway. Unless you knew your opponent well enough to know that they would stay the same character of course.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Even if everyone knows how to play MK you still aren't gonna just magically get the win lmao.

I've beaten good MK players on RC with Marth and other unfavorable counterpicks
the only way to magically win is with diddy. right? automatic techs, item catch, combos and more

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Unless you knew your opponent well enough to know that they would stay the same character of course.
That was exactly the logic behind my CP, lol. Too bad it backfired.

Another dumb thing I just remembered: Both times I've faced Craig in tourney, I counterpicked his MK to Brinstar. What the **** is wrong with me? :awesome:

I guess it's just my personal attachment to the stage. Even though it's a good stage for DK, I'd be better off elsewhere against MK.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Even if everyone knows how to play MK you still aren't gonna just magically get the win lmao.

I've beaten good MK players on RC with Marth and other unfavorable counterpicks

but you don't talk about yourself unless someone ask though right craig?

Dublio

Smash Ace
I was referring to if you were the counterpicker, not the counterpickee Kadaj. So if you wanted to counterpick someone's main with a different stage that is unfavorable towards their current main, but good for metaknight, they will more than likely switch. So if you're not careful, you could end up counterpicking yourself. Most people won't stay the same character on unfavorable stages unless they just don't care or don't know about the stage advantages/disadvantages. Being able to win on unfavorable stages is a different matter entirely.

*CT*

Smash Lord
So much hate in here, I still believe in CPing myself and taking myself to Frigate, but I think I might start using Brinstar, just cause I think Fox could do some interesting things on there.

I laugh when people ban FD or Halberd cause I don't really like going there that much.

I can't really name search :( Cause CT is Connecticut

EDIT: I just beat a pika with Fox after SDing once (Won the whole set)

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Ct are you trying to say.... your nose sucks? :troll:

I knew you were kinky, but damn lol

*CT*

Smash Lord
Nah, I know a few people that go to JWU in Charlotte lol I just thought about that, do you have weefee?

I want to practice my Shiek

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
so word is that a very talented brawl player by the name of peek at you is moving to SC in aug, and will be attending most of NC tourneys......

So it looks like i will quit brawl for good when that happens cause i absolutely hate going to tourneys where im not guaranteed 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom