• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutz

Smash Rookie
Although MLG isn't having Brawl in the circuit this year, they may still have Brawl at a later year right? Or would that be one of those "slim chances" unless everyone shows support kinda thing. Because it seems like MLG doesn't like the Smash fanbase because of the way we acted.

There will always be underground tournaments of course, but normally you don't play in the tournaments purely for money, but because you love the game. Trying to make enough money to support yourself playing smash seems really unlikely unless you happen to be godly at the game and can win enough consistently.

Also, is there a reason why there are so many MKs on the power rankings? Is it because no one feels like playing other characters in tournaments or because MK is simply the best character (argumentably?) hands down? The earlier power rankings had a more diverse list of people playing different characters and as time went on, now it's....different. A few years ago, the other state's power rankings were mostly MK and now ours are the same. Any thoughts about that?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If you heard the podcast from Sundance you'd know that MLG completely never intends to include Brawl again. You can find it on vVv Gamings forums, brought to you by the same guy who made the blog about how M2K/ADHD are the lowest of the low for splitting and also about how MikeHAZE, m2k and Ally are lowlife scum for not splitting with Cheese and Chibo(it was in the same blog too)

Edit: i have like, three times more posts in this thread than I do in my own regional forum thread <3

Cutz

Smash Rookie
Oh I didn't realize that. That's a shame then. Oh well, at least those that went had fun while it lasted right? Tis a pity, now it's going to be much harder to treat Brawl as more than a hobby since that's all it will be for most people.

In that case, how many people still play Brawl for fun? It seems that so many people keep quitting competitive brawl. Would that be because of Medaknight, how defensive brawl is, or a variety of other factors?

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
If you heard the podcast from Sundance you'd know that MLG completely never intends to include Brawl again. You can find it on vVv Gamings forums, brought to you by the same guy who made the blog about how M2K/ADHD are the lowest of the low for splitting and also about how MikeHAZE, m2k and Ally are lowlife scum for not splitting with Cheese and Chibo(it was in the same blog too)

Edit: i have like, three times more posts in this thread than I do in my own regional forum thread <3
Can I get a link to that blog?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Did brawl win that poll for the throwback game?

I kinda don't wanna see brawl back on MLG unless it's a full fledged event like it was in 2010

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh I didn't realize that. That's a shame then. Oh well, at least those that went had fun while it lasted right? Tis a pity, now it's going to be much harder to treat Brawl as more than a hobby since that's all it will be for most people.

In that case, how many people still play Brawl for fun? It seems that so many people keep quitting competitive brawl. Would that be because of Medaknight, how defensive brawl is, or a variety of other factors?
i play brawl for fun, thats why I don't play meta knight anymore lol

Stockfield

Smash Champion
lol funny u right tho if u want to win u got to play mk, snaek, falco or diddy any of thos will useshely be the c that wins turnys
Lol Funny. You're right though if you want to win you have to play MK, Snake, Falco or Diddy. One of the those characters are the ones that usually win tournaments.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
but but but... marths, DDD's, lucarios, olimars and warios are always really close to winning the tourneys that mk, snake, falco or diddy take.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
but but but... coney Won a regional about a month ago...

and rich got second at an mlg

and gluttony wins all tourneys in Europe.

and mike well... he gets top 3 at like every WC event.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Gotta do what I did Craig, argue and let em know

even if it's not fun

you got time baby might as well help the state mmmhmmm

what do I know though I suck

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
If we were all truly playing to win, we'd all be playing Meta Knight. Obviously, that's not the case, so other factors are at work here. Pride, honor, fun, favoritism, and wanting yourself to look better when you win (and not as bad when you lose) are all possible reasons.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Some players click better with non-MK characters, thereby giving them better chances to win as they improve better with a "worse" character.

ye

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
We may be learning how to deal with him nicely, but he is (and always will be) da bess. Not even PSCs (MK can use them too.) and Diddy's infinite will change that. I could see Diddy moving into S tier, though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if people can consistently get that infinite off of a trip, then he would be better than mk imo...he'd have to be camped even harder than ICs currently are

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Almost all of MKs high tier Mu's are 55/45 ie. pretty damn close.

He goes even with Fox, and even some characters like wolf (proclaimed bad due to 2 mus and heavily under used) have close mu's against Mk

If someone who can take a character like kirby (the most basic and highly player dependant character in the game) and beat every top MK to ever play in tourney (minus lee iirc) why can't you guys just drop the "fail safes" & biased misnomers and just focus on improving?

I mean do you think players like NR, Cable, Polt, San, Will, Boss, Big lou, Reflex, TKD, Chu, Coney, X or Espy get anywhere because they complain it's a little difficult to win with their characters? It's because they took the time and made the effort to actually BE good. Granted some of their characters are pretty good they struggle a bit in somes mu's, but your gonna get rough mu's in any fighter you just have to learn to deal.

Look at other fighters, GamerBee didn't recently win a national using all Adon (lower tier character) by complaining. Neither did Inthul when he made top 3 at the huge national he did using all Fei Long (AN EVEN WORSER character)

Just my take on it, besides I hate seeing people complain

EDIT MJG you can set it up with 2 naners, 1st one just a normal glide toss and you have enough time to grab the 2nd and SNL
You can also Flip kick into a Foot stool to SNL. Not really too gimmickey moreso under practiced set ups

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Hey, no NC is complaining, just SC
Stock was just saying it's hard, i wouldnt consider that complaining.

What im trying to say is

NC still has a good mentality... for the most part.

MJG

Smash Hero
EDIT MJG you can set it up with 2 naners, 1st one just a normal glide toss and you have enough time to grab the 2nd and SNL
You can also Flip kick into a Foot stool to SNL. Not really too gimmickey moreso under practiced set ups
I was talking about the PSC, which has already been known by the way. There wasn't a label for it though.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Oh yeah since Nov. there has been a vid.

WC was doing it in 09 though, anyone with a crawl or duck if you don't can force nado to lower then use PSC, or for other attacks just PSC and do a move.

Ask Vice lol mad PSC's from me last night and today

BTW are you going to P5?

mb?

Smash Journeyman
if people can consistently get that infinite off of a trip, then he would be better than mk imo...he'd have to be camped even harder than ICs currently are
lol u know how hard it is to do the infinite ???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom