• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
If you heard the podcast from Sundance you'd know that MLG completely never intends to include Brawl again. You can find it on vVv Gamings forums, brought to you by the same guy who made the blog about how M2K/ADHD are the lowest of the low for splitting and also about how MikeHAZE, m2k and Ally are lowlife scum for not splitting with Cheese and Chibo(it was in the same blog too)

Edit: i have like, three times more posts in this thread than I do in my own regional forum thread <3
Yet you don't even know the whole story, and if you do, then you're an idiot for posting this.

I was originally splitting with M2K only, then M2K wanted to split with Lee, then Mike came in and we were nice so we splitted too. Fatal got money for doing so well so don't call us low scumbag w-e LOL

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ally please answer this truthfully. First, I wanna say I am new to the brawl smash tourney scene and am just figuring out about this "splitting". It doesn't happen in the other competitive games or at least people don't tell the public about it or anybody but the people involved I would assume.

Anyways do u feel that the people splitting play to their fullest potential and try their hardest when they split? Your personal opinion please

V1CE

Smash Champion
Yet you don't even know the whole story, and if you do, then you're an idiot for posting this.

I was originally splitting with M2K only, then M2K wanted to split with Lee, then Mike came in and we were nice so we splitted too. Fatal got money for doing so well so don't call us low scumbag w-e LOL
and if YOU read his whole post Pink Reaper is NOT calling you lowlife scum he is referencing THAT VvV guy... saying HE called you lowlife scum... just sayin....

I dont think your scum ally <3

Cutz

Smash Rookie
lol ***, females are the most unusual creatures on this planet. I guarantee not one man on this earth knows in full detail how they work, and if they think they do, they are being fooled.

Just be who you are. And the biggest thing is confidence. A girl will always know if a d00d does not have faith in himself. Not a good look. Take the initiative, cause america is sex sheltered compared to other countries. Women will RARELY make the first move. Mostly cause parents teach girls that it's right for the guy to approach. Another reason is because this society is really hard on girls. If she comes up to you or starts to flirt, shes deemed a skank or real easy to get with. no girl wants that rep.
Alot of them are also easily hurt, do to having a ****** which spews out emotions. A guy says no, the girls world is crushed. a girl says no to a guy.... on to the next one.
Men are like Melee, women are like Brawl. In our society, women are taught never to approach the men, whereas it is viable for a man to approach a woman for the sake of a conversation. Brawl requires lots of mindreading and prediction, which some women do, and less of the tech skill (action). Melee requires tremendous amounts of tech skill, which means that men have to do most of the action if they want to get anywhere. Predominantly, girls never go after guys because being aggressive tends to paint the picture of being easy or a b****. In our culture, guys have to do all of the aggroing, because if we didn't, we would be called pansies.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
Mekos, it's as you fear.... splitting is a massive cop out and proof that some top level players lack the heart of a warrior

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell

Uhhh if you didn't read Pink Reapers post, he was quoting a blog.
calm down Canada

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

Lmao, im not gonna lie ally, i've never liked you, mostly cus you post like this, but none of my post was an insult at you, as far as im concerned you did nothing wrong and Lord Jerith is deepthroating ***.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Nice name search.

@Mekos: NC people split usually because they don't want to go through a one hour set against one another in the finals and usually we're all good friends. In Sushi's case, he splits because he's scared of Craig.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
MAN IT'S TRUE I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR SMASHERS WHO DO THAT. I MEAN EVEN AT THE LOCAL LEVEL I HAVE SEEN IT AND I SAW THAT THE GRAND FINALS LOOKED LIKE A FRIENDLY. I WAS LIKE WTH!

I mean it's simple psychology. It's impossible for the competitors to have the same emotions involved when u have the cushion that you automatically will earn money. We did not do that in halo 2. Don't remember it when I played melee. It's just really gay that they do that. And I heard they have been doing it for like forever and do it at most tourneys. That's why MLG didn't think it was okay. No other competitive scene is that wack. ew I'm disgusted.

I mean it would not be that bad to me but when I see people don't give it there all that is a turn off for the brawl smash scene and community to me. I mean people in the first place only give it there all when there is money on the line. That is one of the reasons NC isn't growing fast in skill. Whenever people are playing friendlies they don't give it there all(it's like this everywhere else to for smash). And if they lose they john. Maybe it's just a first person shooter thing but in my halo 2 pro days, during our scrimmages we always gave it our ALL! and got better for it. ugh...I'm sorry but I just needed to vent. The last thing that is really wack is the words john and troll. Troll to me is just an excuse for people to be a **** or make up an excuse to why they lost. People grow up and mature together. For example I'm over in the VA threads and some of those kids are so annoying and "trolling". They can't give a straight forward response or don't respond at all. But let me stop. lol I'm done

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Melee players do it all the time, most people rarely ever care. The only time i can think of where it was really an issue was back in MLG when Ken and Chu would split and go random characters in Grand Finals(anyone who has seen Falcon vs Y.Link on Floats knows what im talking about) Lord knows it's a community killer what with melee never being played and tournaments never happening.

Why do you care so much what people do with their money anyways? They're the ones who did all the work to get to grand finals, let them do whatever the **** they want.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
agree with mekos for the most part, he got the mindset of a winner. However it's completely possible to play better knowing you'll get money or not have the actual results matter, I do vastly better when the stress is off(friendlies), play me in tourney and there's a gigantic difference, and it's not good.

EDIT: Not supporting splitting, just talking psychology gets into a dicey territory.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'd only split if I didn't care about winning. I normally do but like if I was just really not in the mood to play brawl I'd split..thats about it

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I'd be willing to say that Splitting happens more in the smash community than anywhere else because people in the smash community dont actually outright hate each other(well except Cheese)

Like on the West Coast, Mango is pretty much everyones friend, especially when it comes to people who could legitimately make it to grand finals. So it's entirely reasonable for someone like Zhu or Lucky or Hugo to split with Mango since they're friends and its just what they do. I've heard on multiple accounts that the reason M2K asked for a split at MLG is cus he was having money problems and he felt like he wasnt going to win anyways so he was basically just asking for ADHD to give him money. It's not like M2K cleared out winners bracket for ADHD and then had him beat someone he couldnt so they could make money, he just asked for money that he figured ADHD was gonna win anyways.

But sure, lets call it bracket rigging anyways lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
i'd only split if I didn't care about winning. I normally do but like if I was just really not in the mood to play brawl I'd split..thats about it
Thank you for be truthful stingers. This is what I'm talking about tho.

And my bad yall. Part of my paragraph was talking about trolling not johning. I feel people need to grow up and not use the internet to say whatever u want and yer excuse is that your johning. One of these days yer gonna get beat up lol. People used to talk so much **** over the internet on halo 2. Be racist and everything but then at MLG they couldn't even make eye contact with you. freaken *****s!

Anyways. Yeah I see yer point Pink Reaper. But like I said, I wouldn't mind it but obviously the players who split don't give it there all. I mean most brawl tourneys I've been too besides nationals, not everyone even watches the GF cuz of things like this.

But anyway I have a compromise hehe. I found out that this problem of not giving yer all doesn't exist in dubs. The said reason I feel is that dubs doesn't get as much respect as singles so people feel they can't lose anything. Like if u get dominated in dubs no one is going to say u suck at smash.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'd be willing to say that Splitting happens more in the smash community than anywhere else because people in the smash community dont actually outright hate each other(well except Cheese)

Like on the West Coast, Mango is pretty much everyones friend, especially when it comes to people who could legitimately make it to grand finals. So it's entirely reasonable for someone like Zhu or Lucky or Hugo to split with Mango since they're friends and its just what they do. I've heard on multiple accounts that the reason M2K asked for a split at MLG is cus he was having money problems and he felt like he wasnt going to win anyways so he was basically just asking for ADHD to give him money. It's not like M2K cleared out winners bracket for ADHD and then had him beat someone he couldnt so they could make money, he just asked for money that he figured ADHD was gonna win anyways.

But sure, lets call it bracket rigging anyways lol
Pink Reaper yer correct but that friendship thingy or whatever their excuse cuases unfair issues. For example I went to a regional in Atlanta. They made the brackets and everything was cool. But then the top players in GA had the tourney runners change it 3 TIMES!! To make it easier for their top players and so that they wouldn't play each other until way later on in the bracket. Stuff like that is wack. Oh well if yer a pro and u get knocked out early by another pro. Work yer way through losers. Get better or make it to the venue on time lol (MLG inside joke).

My point is. I see it's more than splitting. It's alot of things I've noticed in the smash community that I'm said to say I haven;t seen in any other gaming community. And then people ask why others don't respect smashers lol

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i only split with foxy that one GF because he had to go and im not a ****

if i wanted to, i could have just been like " nah, ur DQ'd then"

but i was nice and split.

if it was stingers, i would have just laughed and not split.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
agree with mekos for the most part, he got the mindset of a winner. However it's completely possible to play better knowing you'll get money or not have the actual results matter, I do vastly better when the stress is off(friendlies), play me in tourney and there's a gigantic difference, and it's not good.

EDIT: Not supporting splitting, just talking psychology gets into a dicey territory.
Yo stress is a part of life. That is a different argument to say whether doing things to take away stress should be legal or not. I know in the halo 2 days a few pros would take this pill that would calm there nerves.

Well with that said let me tell you this! When I was at MLG Columbus and I was all by myself at my first major tourny with none of my pressure NC friends. I was so nervous that I couldn't even play my first match. My hands were shaking so bad and they kept putting me on the main stage lol. But it was a learning experiance. And now with all the tournys I have been to, I am confident and don't get nervous. But I didn't just cheat and take a pill or say lets lower the stress and split. But yer proving my point IMO. The splitting takes the stress away.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Melee players do it all the time, most people rarely ever care. The only time i can think of where it was really an issue was back in MLG when Ken and Chu would split and go random characters in Grand Finals(anyone who has seen Falcon vs Y.Link on Floats knows what im talking about) Lord knows it's a community killer what with melee never being played and tournaments never happening.

Why do you care so much what people do with their money anyways? They're the ones who did all the work to get to grand finals, let them do whatever the **** they want.
You ask why do I care? Well yer question right there shows why when MLG found out that is one of the reasons why they took Brawl off. Whether they fully understood or not. That can't be respected. lol if yer gonna do it don't let it get out to the whole community that u did it. People like that could never be considered professional.

I mean you don't hear about The lakers splitting in the playoffs. And I understand some people don't care and take it that seriously. I get that but in my life I give everything my all and in doing that I'm happy to say God has blessed me. It just sickens me to see people BS things. That's all Pink reaper.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Pink Reaper yer correct but that friendship thingy or whatever their excuse cuases unfair issues. For example I went to a regional in Atlanta. They made the brackets and everything was cool. But then the top players in GA had the tourney runners change it 3 TIMES!! To make it easier for their top players and so that they wouldn't play each other until way later on in the bracket. Stuff like that is wack. Oh well if yer a pro and u get knocked out early by another pro. Work yer way through losers. Get better or make it to the venue on time lol (MLG inside joke).

My point is. I see it's more than splitting. It's alot of things I've noticed in the smash community that I'm said to say I haven;t seen in any other gaming community. And then people ask why others don't respect smashers lol
Actually that's poor seeding.

In a bracket higher ranked players arent meant to play each other so you dont end up with really bad players placing higher than really good players. Imagine a bracket where game 1 has M2k Vs Mango* and game 2 has Lucky vs Zhu* and games 3 through 10 all have really bad players.

You end up with 2 amazing players going 0-2(im not going to speculate who would lose to who) and some randoms making it really far in winners before they end up playing someone like M2k. It also means you have 2 really ****ing good players absolutely destroying losers bracket so there's that. That's how it works in literally every single tournament ever for anything. Dont talk like you have any idea about how a tournament should actually be ran.

*Feel free to make this M2K vs Ally and ADHD vs Larry if you want it to be a brawl analogy.

Edit: You see what im doing here? It's called an edit, you can do it to add more stuff to your post without having to make a double post, it's a very simple thing to do, you should try it some time.

Jon?

Smash Champion
In the Laker's defense, they're going for a three-peat.

You can't really compare splitting in video games to splitting in professional sports. There's more money on the line and they're run by the NBA. Just like how MLG doesn't want people to split because they want hype for their matches. More hype = more attention = more $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom