• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
huh? lol that was my point. That's what I said silly Jon. MLG didn't said one of the reasons they dropped brawl was cause of the split. The brawl community doesn't know the mistake they did. Yer right Jon more hype equals more money. Each year brawl would have stayed more money would have been offered. THat's what happened with halo. Halo series didn't start out getting 100,000 for a national tourny lol. It was way lower in the halo 1 days.

I also disagree with you saying that the amount matters. The way brawl is played. It doesn't matter if 100,000 was offered like for halo 3. I bet u they would still try to split lol. U know this. 1v1 pressure. Get rid of that pressure by splitting. But I see yer point about NBA and MLG being official cuz most brawl tournys aren't run by any official joint. I guess that's why it was such a big deal at MLG. Cuase MLG is official and they don't play games. lololol

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Mekos: Sorry, I didn't read your last posts because they were a bit too long, lol. You're probably right about the 100,000 dollar split. The only way to get rid of splitting is to simply put it in the tournament rule set. But knowing Brawl players, they will try to make deals behind the back of the tournament and/or league.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Actually that's poor seeding.

In a bracket higher ranked players arent meant to play each other so you dont end up with really bad players placing higher than really good players. Imagine a bracket where game 1 has M2k Vs Mango* and game 2 has Lucky vs Zhu* and games 3 through 10 all have really bad players.

You end up with 2 amazing players going 0-2(im not going to speculate who would lose to who) and some randoms making it really far in winners before they end up playing someone like M2k. It also means you have 2 really ****ing good players absolutely destroying losers bracket so there's that. That's how it works in literally every single tournament ever for anything. Dont talk like you have any idea about how a tournament should actually be ran.

*Feel free to make this M2K vs Ally and ADHD vs Larry if you want it to be a brawl analogy.

Edit: You see what im doing here? It's called an edit, you can do it to add more stuff to your post without having to make a double post, it's a very simple thing to do, you should try it some time.
LOL yer correct. BUt yer argument is flawed in one area. There is only seeding if it is a league kid. Look at how MLG did it. The first tourney was random. They didn't say "oh we know these guys are good so we will make the bracket this way". So if it is a league or continuation of tourneys that makes sense. But not some random tourney being ran for the first time. That is just people making the bracket to benefit themselves and their friends. I have seen it happen multiple times sense I've been to NC(I've seen it other places too). I would watch them as they would conspire to make it best for them and not to make it a legit fair tourney. And if u don't know what I'm talking about then u are the ignorant one.

Also, you need to chill kid. Yer starting to get disrespectful over a conversation and I don't even know u. Grow up. Or are u trolling? smh Does it matter that I make multiple post. Sorry that I'm not a pro at these forums like you. Oh and I did edit that last sentence in ****

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i always make brackets when im at tourneys and I never help myself =[ I always put myself below pp and craig and sushi because the PRs are wrong

lord karn

Smash Master
LOL yer correct. BUt yer argument is flawed in one area. There is only seeding if it is a league kid. Look at how MLG did it. The first tourney was random. They didn't say "oh we know these guys are good so we will make the bracket this way". So if it is a league or continuation of tourneys that makes sense. But not some random tourney being ran for the first time. That is just people making the bracket to benefit themselves and their friends. I have seen it happen multiple times sense I've been to NC(I've seen it other places too). I would watch them as they would conspire to make it best for them and not to make it a legit fair tourney. And if u don't know what I'm talking about then u are the ignorant one.

Also, you need to chill kid. Yer starting to get disrespectful over a conversation and I don't even know u. Grow up. Or are u trolling? smh Does it matter that I make multiple post. Sorry that I'm not a pro at these forums like you. Oh and I did edit that last sentence in ****

Even if it's not a league, the same applies. You just don't want good players fighting each other early. It's not good for them, it's not good for anyone else. Look at it this way. If you make two good people play first round, then one of them goes to losers. Then said good player ***** all the scrubs in losers, which is unfair to them as well.

And it's not only helping out yourself and your friends. I've made tons of brackets where I have to fight people I don't want to. If I was rigging brackets I'd just put pp and everyone else good on one side and guarantee myself third.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Morrigan looks fun too but the dude im watching right now is using MODOK/Amaterasu/Morrigan and I cant copy him exactly XD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
is that why you play kirby?
Nah man, im secretly a jiggs main obviously

Wolverine, akuma, cap america/ chris red/ juggernaut if hes announced
I'd just like to point out that the dumbest thing I've ever done in MvC2 was a triple Super with an entire Servbot team against Juggernaut. So many hits, the game crashed LOL(we were playing on a really crappy PS2)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Personally Im holding out for Cable. I want to win but I dont want to have to be skilled to do it.
sadly u are going to have to go for deadpool as he is the closest to cable playstyle.

oh... and cable has already been deconfirmed :(

i wanted him aswell.

bushidobrown

Smash Apprentice
you people are so ****ing ******** when it comes to being so compationate about a certain subject then revert to random insults then talk about deadpool like that's who you were talking about the whole time.

****ing sad honestly.

Dublio

Smash Ace
So I'm curious, what would you say the competitive spirit of NC for Brawl is? I've heard that it's mostly casual, because we treat each other as a family instead of being competitive. Lots of sandbagging, johning and the like going on. What do you think?

I know that Mekos has the right idea, since he seems to always be improving. Dude's a beast.

P.S. Can I be a part of the NC family too?

bushidobrown

Smash Apprentice
no i'm right your wrong, go kill yourself you piece of ****. you know nothing of the current subject.....

oh and here's my pokemon lineup and batman would **** the hob goblin if they ever fought.

/summary

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
no i'm right your wrong, go kill yourself you piece of ****. you know nothing of the current subject.....

oh and here's my pokemon lineup and batman would **** the hob goblin if they ever fought.

/summary
Damn. I giggled at how true this was.

with that being said.

**** the hob goblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom