• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Kleeeeeeeeeg, have fun and come back soon, so that NC can have its weekly dose of "AH, AH, AHHHHHHHHH!" again. ;)

In the meantime, I shall be winning all of the tourneys you won't be at.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Won't be back in NC for a while, you have been spared a horrible fate from the next tourney I were to attend.

On a serious note see you guys sometime in the future, going back to VA for work and ofcourse some ***!
lmao well I'm glad you'll be happy at least man. hopefully you won't be a stranger =)

archer.

Smash Lord
... I don't know who's talking about what anymore.

And maybe that's for the best.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Look at how japan does doubles

<Doubles>
1:Abadango(Wario)&Yukhoe(Wario)
2:Otori(MK)&Misaka(MK)
3:SIN(MK)&Kurobi(Snake)
4:Nietono(Olimar)&El(MK)
5:Kairo(Olimar)&Mikeneko(MK)
5:Kakera(MK)&Maguro(MK)

we're not ready

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Were there not any good Peaches, Marths, or D3s to take out the Warios, or pressure them to switch? Hell, the MKs should have been able to get the job done.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
Were there not any good Peaches, Marths, or D3s to take out the Warios, or pressure them to switch? Hell, the MKs should have been able to get the job done.
I feel like Wario's bad matchups hardly, if at all, pressure Wario mains to switch out of him in doubles because of how interchangeable Wario's role in doubles is. When Brian and I played Kuro's team at ECU, Kuro switched to Sheik game 2 (because Brian was Fox) and his teammate was all Peach and we still did just fine. Brian's contact even fell out mid match. It got close mostly because I messed up a team combo that would have otherwise taken the Peach out much sooner (I grabbed Peach late, causing her to get super armor from Fox's up smash that would end the combo and the Peach)

They all feel like easier match-ups to me in doubles, especially D3. There's a lot more I can get away with.

LOL indeed bite ladders are broken Steve xD

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
That makes sense, Scotty, since Wario's bad MUs are bad mainly because of grab shenanigans, which are harder to utilize in doubles. Still, double MK should have been able to pull it off. That dude doesn't even need grab shenanigans to win. :smirk:

I guess that these Warios were just way too good.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
That makes sense, Scotty, since Wario's bad MUs are bad mainly because of grab shenanigans, which are harder to utilize in doubles. Still, double MK should have been able to pull it off. That dude doesn't even need grab shenanigans to win. :smirk:

I guess that these Warios were just way too good.
It's not usually because of grab shenanigans. Plenty of characters have those gimmicks on Wario and still don't win the MU. Usually there's another sort of factor that Wario's bad MUs have, like priority (Peach) or spacing (Marth) that combined with the threat of the grab gimmicks, can be devastating to Wario.

Wario can use his mobility to consistently cover the distance needed to help his partner in some way, whether it's a save or a team combo. He'll be in position for this more often than most other characters. Direct 1 on 1 character match-ups don't have nearly as much influence in a doubles match as they do in a singles match. Doubles is a whole different game.

With that said, those players definitely are too good, no denying that xD

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kevbo is cool. I'm going to suck up to him so he won't edit my posts.

Nah, that'd be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom