• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol okay well I didn't read most of that but it's not that hard to hit side b,

I don't think I dropped a game with Gannon tonight vs stingers/Zach/ Lenny etc

At one point I landed 8 side bs on stingers because if he did anything else I would have Just down b'd

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I pulled off a similar thing yesterday (sideB to >100, downB for KO). I feel like people will be able to fight it once they have more experience against it. It's pretty similar to wobbling, I think.

What do you do when they don't tech? From what I could tell, it's a lot more difficult to get a regrab there than if they tech.

big sleep

չչչ
sideB is pretty easy to see coming... once it hits i feel like u should be dead though. and that's not the same as saying you should be dead from one melee falcon grab... which is wayyyyy harder to pull off, even if they're both based on "reaction".

but i played this ****ty *** game for the first time last night. aaaaaaaand......**** was pretty fun i'm not gonna **** around with y'all, i had a good time.. i went around the character roster, but mostly stuck with wolf. he is pretty much the funnest to me, some of his combos are pretty swaggerific, and i mean this dude can work it in general…. high tempos and ****, flying around like a mother ****er i like this n**** know what I'm saying. ****in fh nair shine pressure is hilarious looking… also his shine + platforms = stupid *** baller **** esp on some characters… <333 his aerials… esp dair… shoutouts to vegeta.. and shoutouts to shine->wolf flash, that **** is too easy and not to mention hype as mfin s (***** gets his jump back if u sweet spot it for extra swag). way too much more to mention but yea see me in tournament, anywayz

i know i'm late to the party but lollllwtf @ lucas. holy hell man are you srs. this my beautiful shining boy right here. the goddamn reverse shine ball… ***** shineballin around the stage… shinedribblin… he can do some gorgeous **** between his downB, platforms, wavelands, and aerials… o_O;; worthy stuff… but in general lucas is kind of a f*****. you can just multishineball like 4 times on someone's shield and it'll be pretty much down to nothing. ughh fox players are gonna love this little *****, it's gonna be hella annoying. the neutral-b charge/hand glow is a wonderful touch though, excellent work guys. but yeah this ******* is good.... his nair is obscene

those are the two characters i played the most…
other random things… **** ike's nair (not to mention… ike. and **** anyone who plays ike. seriously if u enter a tournament with ike, you're a piece of ****).. but ya nah ike isn't that bad. sonic is ****in awesome.. so easy to keep it moving and his fair is one of the most delicious moves in the game. can't wait to see someone fully flesh him out. lolllll @ luigi's throw combos. DK is a monster… stupid hitstun and stupid fair finishers… plus that barrel roll. **** this *****. anyway what am i doin talking about this **** i'm just gonna go play it… brb

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
**** ike's nair (not to mention… ike. and **** anyone who plays ike. seriously if u enter a tournament with ike, you're a piece of ****).. but ya nah ike isn't that bad.
I was thinking of using Ike as a secondary. Now you're making me feel bad about it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm not that good at waveshining tho so i have to figure out other ways to implement this. my tech skill is horrible.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Smash Brawl
1: Kadaj
2: Sushiman
3: Archer
4: Stockfield
5: H1N1
5: 313
7: Scotty O.B.
7: Kill
9: Vice
9: Some Kind of Joe
9: Elite
9: Gryph
13: Zeke
13: Uncle
13: Duo Prime
13: Duo
17: Haunter
17: Grizzley

Brawl RESE results
I beat Scotty and lost to H1N1. I beat Gryph and Killa and then lost to Sushi.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Beat Haunter 2-0 (Pikachu)
Lost to Kadaj 0-2 (MK)
Lost to Some Kind of Joe 1-2 (Wario)

I should have brought out the GDubs, but it's cool, I'll be less reserved with him next time. I'm also working on somebody else............

And yeah, I'm a mod of the Bowser Boards now. ;)

archer.

Smash Lord
Beat Duo (Not "Duo" Duo, some other Duo that plays Pit), Steve, and Sanketh, lost to Craig and Sanketh.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm not quitting Bowser, lol. All I said was that I'm not going to be a solo main anymore. The biggest reason I've been going solo Bowser in singles for the past several tourneys was to get a better understanding of his limitations, and I believe that I have enough data in my head now.

Bowser can't get the job done on his own, no matter how good I am with him. MUs like D3, ICs, MK, Wario, and a few others are completely out of his reach to win against good players. Over half the cast is still reasonably beatable, though, so he's not a complete lost cause. He just needs some minions to handle the dirty jobs for him.

I know that on Facebook I gave signs that I was going to drop him, but I ultimately couldn't go through with it. I like him too much, I'm competent with him, and I've already invested a lot of time into him. He's a permanent weapon in my arsenal, but he should no longer be the only one. From now on, I'll be less hesitant to bust out the other guns.

People use more than one character all the time, so why can't I? Sure, I once brought up the idea of "being a pure main," but I eventually concluded that such a concept was too idealistic and stubborn in my situation. Bowser is not solo main material, and he never will be. The time has come to be more realistic, without giving up on King Koopa.

Overall, I'm choosing the path I once dismissed as "wishy-washy," because now I realize that this path is the only one that will truly satisfy me. Things like playing Bowser's worst MUs or dropping Bowser for the sake of maximizing my victory chances aren't satisfying to me, so I refuse to do either of them.

Rest assured, my Bowser will continue to stomp into tournaments and take truckloads of damage. The only difference will be that you will only be graced with his presence if the MU is what I'd call a fair fight. Otherwise, you'll face the Royal Guard.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
the scores are very important

also I think your decision is good Uncle. you'll be less well-rounded with bowser, but you'll be more of a tournament threat most likely.

pooka216

Smash Cadet
I don't post on here very much but... will there be a NC tournament any time soon? I usually check the listings every now and again but I haven't seen one in a while. (other than that one you are talking about which I must of missed)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm in the planning stages of starting up my own series of monthlies in Cary or Raleigh, but don't expect the first one until July at the earliest. :cool:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I meant Uncle's tournament. Brawl and Marvel are cool and all, but so are Melee and PM. Especially PM.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Brawl/Melee/Marvel would be my template, much like the NCSUs. Project M could make it in as well, if interest and setups for it were high enough.

I'm also planning on a monthly format, and I'm in the process of checking out venues.

Don't expect the first one until July at the earliest, though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
From the discussion going on here and in the Melee PR, I'd say there's probably enough interest. I can swap my second setup between Brawl and PM, depending on what's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom