• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Hehe, I remember that all Vilt fest. It was the last tournament I went to, Bill officially quit Brawl tournaments from losing from another metaknight, and he switched to Brawl plus. We played it all night. :D

Ah, old times. I miss Vilt, Bill, and Anthony. :(

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Gat dang, my Toon Link sucks.

Gat dang, why is Stongers acting like he's scared I've improved?

Gat dang, use more tilts, Jaurice.

lol, I remember playing Gauvin at, I think it was Herb1, and throughout the whole match I was arguing with Stingers about V-13 being more broken than Rachel.

vZakat

Half Genie
Rachel's better but it's a lot easier to be good with v-13. No one plays CT anymore anyway so it's not like it matters. : /

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol I actually decided to main rachel when I first got the game but switched to v-13 because she was easier >.> so our streak of maining the same chars kind of continues anyway

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I bought the game like 4 days ago and Have had no desire to open yet....like its still in the Shrink Wrap.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
When I first bought the game I played like the first 2 days for like an hour each day and I didn't really find it all that fun.

But I started playing it more this week and I like it now, I found a team that I like too so yeah. I still only play it for like an hour at s time though lol.

Purple

Hi guys!
The one sexist remark in the video doesnt make what was said in the video any less true.

We'll see in four months.
But.. what he said wasn't true. :mad:

Get at me.

Wait.. you don't like the game because sanford kelly who's garbage at that game said some ****?

:|

KoozyK

Smash Ace
im bored as hell any of yall wanna play some wifi

im bored as hell in greensboro since i came back from the beach. i need something to preoccupy me till sunday

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
so snap loses intrest at a game he wanted to play for so long, because a top lvl player says a little bad things about it...

god this dude is more flaky than that Tony the Tigers cereal.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
it's the seven stages of grief that the article in srk was talking about.

plus, they have announced a balance patch in may, changing alot of things that are wrong.

lmao at snap though.

Purple

Hi guys!
1) X-factor is part of the game and everyone has it at one point and time. His arguement was that Yipes was outplaying him the whole time but lost because his opponent pressed four buttons at the same time. Can't Yipes also press four buttons at the same time? Hell, he can press x-factor DURING block stun, if he expected his opponent to use x-factor and spam attacks he could do the same.

2) His second point relied on the fact that the person who was losing was actually mad and hated the game because he lost. This isn't the case because no one -actually- know if the person being discussed would get mad if he started losing.

3) This point doesn't even make sense. "The game's *** because people like you are good at it". A good point out here would be people like mikeHAZE, Reflex, etc. who were decent at Melee, and made the move to Brawl where their intelligence shined through with the lack of technical boundaries gone. Does that make Brawl ***? Not really, it's just a different game, hell, it still has general aspects of a fighting game (no tripping, infinites, etc.) So it's definitely not *** in that regard.

4) Women beating men isn't anything bad. Women are naturally less powerful than men, even deeper into that, women are less inclined (it seems) to play video games than men. So women beating men at this game does to an extent say something, but doesn't that put the men who played those women in question? I could understand what sanford is saying if a woman off the streets picked up the game and started beating jwong, but that's not the case.

5) New school games are catered towards scrubs, I agree with this statement, but that doesn't make it ***, it just makes the gap between pros and scrubs smaller.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
so snap loses intrest at a game he wanted to play for so long, because a top lvl player says a little bad things about it...

god this dude is more flaky than that Tony the Tigers cereal.
The video just made me realize as a marvel two player things that I was feeling I was not alone in. Ive got no problem with the people who play this game, or the game itself. I acknowledge that there are problems in the game that I sincerly hope capcom will fix through the patch, which would be amazing. The problems in the game just make me not want to play it that much.

Basically its just not a sequal to the game I loved. I was so hyped for marvel three because I was stricken with "OMG BEEN WAITING FOR THIS GAME SO LONGGGGG" syndrome, I got my hopes up, and like most things in my life, It didnt pan out.

Its okay, after the street fighter four fiasco I have faith that capcom will do SOMETHING. anything really.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I never played in tournament because I was scared to get *****, But I played soooo soo much between 09-10

I could do ironmans infinite every time

It was a fun time

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
1) X-factor is part of the game and everyone has it at one point and time. His arguement was that Yipes was outplaying him the whole time but lost because his opponent pressed four buttons at the same time. Can't Yipes also press four buttons at the same time? Hell, he can press x-factor DURING block stun, if he expected his opponent to use x-factor and spam attacks he could do the same.

2) His second point relied on the fact that the person who was losing was actually made and hated the game because he lost. This isn't the case because no one -actually- know if the person being discussed would get mad if he started losing.

3) This point doesn't even make sense. "The game's *** because people like you are good at it". A good point out here would be people like mikeHAZE, Reflex, etc. who were decent at Melee, and made the move to Brawl where their intelligence shined through with the lack of technical boundaries gone. Does that make Brawl ***? Not really, it's just a different game, hell, it still has general aspects of a fighting game (no tripping, infinites, etc.) So it's definitely not *** in that regard.

4) Women beating men isn't anything bad. Women are naturally less powerful than men, even deeper into that, women are less inclined (it seems) to play video games than men. So women beating men at this game does to an extent say something, but doesn't that put the men who played those women in question? I could understand what sanford is saying if a woman off the streets picked up the game and started beating jwong, but that's not the case.

5) New school games are catered towards scrubs, I agree with this statement, but that doesn't make it ***, it just makes the gap between pros and scrubs smaller.

Roxy too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom