• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duo55

Smash Ace
You're looking at it the wrong way still lol

It's not a "cheap" win it's using counter picks to your advantage, besides you can't win the set because you got to win own your own counter pick. M2k almost always cps RC or Brinstar when he loses or delfino. Just because every set isn't seen doesn't mean it's not happening, trust me a lot of players cp stages that limits the other players character or playstyle, that's just how it works
When I used the term "cheap win" I meant that the win was of little value, not that it is unfair (even if that is the case sometimes) like I said, I'm not johning because I fear it or I'm salty, its just I can't picture myself doing a thing like running the clock out on someone. Its too... g@y. lol only word I can describe it with...

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
It must be tough to be gay.

think about it

in society

when ever we refer to something as dumb, weak, lame, bad, or a piece of ****

we just say the word Gay.

LOL

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
It must be tough to be gay.

think about it

in society

when ever we refer to something as dumb, weak, lame, bad, or a piece of ****

we just say the word Gay.

LOL
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... no

in my own mental vocabulary, gay has a very specific meaning....

sometimes other words are interchangeable but it doesn't mean gay = tedious, stupid, lame

gay is always gay

and homosexual =/= gay

unless homosexual = gay......

wtf

Duo55

Smash Ace
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... no

in my own mental vocabulary, gay has a very specific meaning....

sometimes other words are interchangeable but it doesn't mean gay = tedious, stupid, lame

gay is always gay

and homosexual =/= gay

unless homosexual = gay......

wtf
The word "Gay"s primary definition is "to be happy". Until the word was hi-jacked but certain groups of people. How oxymoronic how we use the word.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Shady isnt gay also, he just likes carboard boxes.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

- fuggggin DEAD-

lord karn

Smash Master
I think you guys misunderstand the meaning of being "gay" in videogames lol

Counterpicking someone to a stage you do well on and to put them at a disadvantage is well...........Smart. It's not like it's some secret stage that only they can practice on lol
I think smart and gay can both be used to describe one thing sometimes.

For instance, planking with mk in brawl vs olimar is both 'smart' and 'gay.'

Planking with jiggs in melee is not 'smart,' but it is 'gay.'

Something that is within the rules can be gay, because the rulemakers don't necessarily remove all gayness. I think this is the case with levels like rainbow cruise and brinstar. I don't like those levels because they are gay, not necessarily because of anything to do with skill or intelligence. I also happen to think that those levels are really unfair, and so also have to do with unbalancing skill, but that's a completely different argument.

But as far as I'm concerned, as long as something gay is legal, I don't feel bad at all abusing it to win. I hope that in the process I can also prove certain gay things like rc and brinstar are also unbalanced, and so hopefully the rules will be changed.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
The word "Gay"s primary definition is "to be happy". Until the word was hi-jacked but certain groups of people. How oxymoronic how we use the word.

yeah well, we were talking about colloquial uses.... obv gay = happy.... and that's where calling homosexuals gay came from.... you ever seen remember the titans? they call that one dude "sunshine" lmao....

but because "homosexuality" = fear to a lot of "heterosexual" men who are subconsciously concerned with the grey area of sexuality, the word started to be used as an expression of stupidity and lack of reason...

like someone does something cheap in smash and u dont understand how it works or you do and it's just really easy to do and cheap and you call it "gay".... gay =/= cheap in that situation.... gay =/= difficult to deal with... gay = all those things.... and the fact that gay also means happy in other contexts just completes the whole picture

tl;dr i ****ing love the word gay... humans are ****ing hilarious

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
PLANKING WITH JIGGZ IS SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!!!!

From what i hear only like 5 chars have safe options to deal with it, and of those 5, Fox is the only one that is played alot

Melee players juts dont have the patience to do it.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
PLANKING WITH JIGGZ IS SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!!!!

From what i hear only like 5 chars have safe options to deal with it, and of those 5, Fox is the only one that is played alot

Melee players juts dont have the patience to do it.
Remember that quote from Napzz I had as my old signature?

Napzz is too good

(inb4teroandpinkshinobiornapzznamesearches)

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah well, we were talking about colloquial uses.... obv gay = happy.... and that's where calling homosexuals gay came from.... you ever seen remember the titans? they call that one dude "sunshine" lmao....

but because "homosexuality" = fear to a lot of "heterosexual" men who are subconsciously concerned with the grey area of sexuality, the word started to be used as an expression of stupidity and lack of reason...

like someone does something cheap in smash and u dont understand how it works or you do and it's just really easy to do and cheap and you call it "gay".... gay =/= cheap in that situation.... gay =/= difficult to deal with... gay = all those things.... and the fact that gay also means happy in other contexts just completes the whole picture

tl;dr i ****ing love the word gay... humans are ****ing hilarious

I agree with this post.

Also, there are a lot of frames to get the edge vs. jiggs. She doesn't have anything like mks upair which makes an unsurmountable wall above him. Stand on platform facing back -> as soon as jiggs lets go of edge wd off and fast fall to grab it.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
uhhh.... i was tryin to get into street fighter

i played a lot of soul calibur as a kid......

nothin gets my gears movin like melee, though
but i beat u in melee... give that game up.

come on, if ur gonna play a game with combos, at least play a good one

like mvc3 :)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i actually played blazblue with shady and iceman

about a week ago

that game is hella fun

my char is the dude with white hair, red jacket and cloud strife blade. i learned some simple combos with him quick.

oh and i played the squirrel girl with huge ****..... god i swear the Japanese can be so perverted at times

but i aint complaining :)

edit: yo cam, if u go to G6 we playin TvC, ima get u into mvc3

even though im prob the worst out of everyone here lol

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol ok... but let's do it after the tourney

i wanna get some other fighting games in my repertoire... malk said that it's really helpful for learning more about smash

yo, also, someone drink with me after g6.. on the real

i know vice is down :laugh:

EDIT:

peepee ur drinking idgaf

Marly

Smash Journeyman
i wanna get some other fighting games in my repertoire... malk said that it's really helpful for learning more about smash
I don't exactly see how playing other fighting games will really help you with Smash other than improving your reaction time. Smash never felt like a fighting game to me, tbh.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
you seem like a close-minded individual, mr. marly

it's all about widening your perspective.....

@Keith: **** yeah *****

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
AHA!!!!! GOTCHUUUUU!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lmfao i cant believe i called that ****.... wait yes i can....

i read your last argument with NC and you REALLY LIKE to turn **** around on people with the same **** that they just said...... so i set you up where there's really no reasonable way for you to turn the tables, just to see if you would actually try it... because that would show that you don't actually try to have a constructive conversation/debate with people, you just try to get the "upper hand"... and that's so backwards and unnecessary.... and really quite trite in my opinion.... especially since it's the internet and no one gives a **** if you "win" anyway.... so you should just try and learn... instead you should have been like "why am i close minded?" then i would have explained a little more, and we coulda been friends, but it turns out that you're just a scrub :(.... and that makes me sad

but just so you don't try it again, i'll be clear:

you said you "couldn't see" how other fighting games can help you with smash

i said that this makes you seem like a close minded individual

then you said that i'm close minded for calling you close minded simply because i "dismissed your opinion".... but your "opinion" was your inability to "see" something... so that makes no sense whatsoever

good day to you, sir

EDIT:

also, suck my ****

Marly

Smash Journeyman
I like it when people just randomly claim 'lol i planned eet all along' without actually reading.

First of all, let me make few things clear, since you obviously haven't read the last few posts. It was already suggested that I wasn't taking the initial argument seriously in the first place. So yes, you are quite right when you accused me of not trying to have a constructive argument. But you are also wrong about having an 'upper hand,' since the argument was never serious to me to begin with, and you yourself just wanted to claim the title of some 'mastermind' who planned this conversation all along by putting a crown on your head. I find that personally hilarious and your act to be immature, to be honest.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lollllllllllllllll

dude write another paragraph, this is going so well

it's as if you really do only care about how you appear

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you have nothing else to say in response. Thanks for your concession.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
NC, just to be clear, i told yall i wouldn't troll anyone in NC.....

so i still haven't broken the rules

and zeldarox doesn't count

EDIT: lmaooo keep going marly, you keep doing the same thing, you gotta start adapting

Marly

Smash Journeyman
NC, just to be clear, i told yall i wouldn't troll anyone in NC.....

so i still haven't broken the rules

and zeldarox doesn't count

EDIT: lmaooo keep going marly, you keep doing the same thing, you gotta start adapting
Your denial and the overuse of 'LOL LMAO' to fake your superiority and hypocrisy are really hilarious.

This is you, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom