• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
KK you think I'm kidding I really do think ur mad cute

umbreon: text/aim me pleaseee(both preferably to cover all bases lol)

people like shield grabbing Nair more than other moves so spacing that move funny on shield(esp since it pushes) can lead to good things

people need to talk about Ftilt more. that move hits at a solid angle and wrecks most aerials/jumps

I'm typing this part to remind myself to do Bairs vs grounded people more because I'm pretty sure it's good at least as a bait.

Bones0

Smash Legend
umbreon: text/aim me pleaseee(both preferably to cover all bases lol)
Wow PP, you're a mod. I've gotten nothing against your sexual preferencse, but try to keep your posts PG, please. That is quite disturbing imagery for anyone who realizes what "texting", "aiming", and "bases" are euphemisms for.

I'm typing this part to remind myself to do Bairs vs grounded people more because I'm pretty sure it's good at least as a bait.
If you are ever landing on a plat (mostly side, but top can work too), I like running off with a bair. If you weren't a noob, I would suggest shai drop bair since it's faster and you can space it and hit people by the ledge and a million other things that make it more useful.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Once I perfect it, I will talk more about it. I think you have to be within like 2 frames of perfect in order to get it (and I don't claw). :mad:

D

Deleted member

this is 0 cactuars worth of jank.

you guys are just legitimately gay.

Once I perfect it, I will talk more about it. I think you have to be within like 2 frames of perfect in order to get it (and I don't claw). :mad:
Yeah. Its exactly that amount of leeway that you can mess-up. Anymore and you cannot get it out.
this is 0 cactuars worth of jank.
you guys are just legitimately gay.
And that in itself makes it at least 1 cactuar. Otherwise, my love for you umbreon is a 3 cactuar. And I mean it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah. Its exactly that amount of leeway that you can mess-up. Anymore and you cannot get it out.
Did you just check yourself? I'm guessing yes since you have Dolphin.

Sometimes I get the hitbox at 10/2 o'clock, but I want that extra frame so I get the 9/3 o'clock. :|

Yea, having debug mode in like 30 seconds is great. I'm just going to guess that fair -> waveland off the ledge is about as good as sh fair waveland, not all that great.

I give luvsdisc very well. You may sample if you wish.

Bones0

Smash Legend
If they're on stage it won't help much, but it'd make for a sick edgeguard to reverse LH fair into WL off dair. :D

Maybe you could use it as a bait if they're really far from the ledge. They see the LH on (with quite terrible timing/spacing on your fair I might add) and go to grab, but you WL back and grab/utilt/whatever them instead.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, I remember Mahone did it to me (on stage, not from the ledge). It can be good at catching rolls since they see that early fair and think they're safe to move.

Why isn't it easier to fair WL than it is to double fair?

Does Yoshi Story's slant make it impossible?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Yeah, I remember Mahone did it to me (on stage, not from the ledge). It can be good at catching rolls since they see that early fair and think they're safe to move.
Yeah, especially when the FAir is spaced (already should be, I know). It'd be good for punishing attempted grabs, or to get behind them (since grab will most likely have passed by the time you waveland, but it sound like you have to space it immaculately). Hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to say though, lol.

Stuff like this is what I even come on these boards for, not PP's gay talk. <3

PPs gay talk keeps us sane and we know you love it as well.

You can fair as soon as the fair IASA comes up. You cannot air dodge on the IASA, but instead have to wait out the fair animation.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
PPs gay talk keeps us sane and we know you love it as well.

You can fair as soon as the fair IASA comes up. You cannot air dodge on the IASA, but instead have to wait out the fair animation.
Makes sense. Meaning very little room for error, like Bones said.

Bones, you have any videos I could watch of your Marth? I'm at a point where I need to learn a few tricks and I'm running low on ideas.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You don't want to watch my Marth (yet). Watch Mew2King. He spends half of his time at tournaments showing people tricks. lol

Is there any way to let go of the ledge other than the control stick or C-stick?!? -_-'

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I've watched, like, too much M2K. Just, ugh.

There was this one guy (Meta?) at FC who had an interesting Marth. Was really well versed with edge-cancelling moves.

But as far as the issue with the ledge you're having goes, what are you trying to do?

Also, if I post/repost some vids, can I get critiqued? I don't think I got the Bones (or SVEET. YES I SEE YOU LURKN') advice.

Top Bottom