• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

JPOBS

Smash Hero
It can't be just any marth because M2k in particular is known for that Third Eye Blind-Jumper status of ledge camping.
you mean PC chris' falcon?
i was gona say PC, but i wasnt 100% so i didnt wanna say it then people be like "n***a plz, dat aint Port Chester Christopher"

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
That's how I'm going to feel when I finally hit my reverse bair dj reverse fair dair.
This is entirely possible, but you'd have to be sooooo lucky!!! The DI would have to be perfectly bad, and the percentage would also have to be fairly low so their dj would have to be gone. And honestly, if you ever did do it it probably wouldn't be recorded so nobody would believe you did it. HAHA.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to practice tech chasing by yourself? Even if it's not perfect, something like how fighting CPU Falco on FD can teach you basic powershielding? I'm just looking at reaction time right now, not reading or anticipation.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can practice missed tech chasing vs. comps... Just u/fthrow a level 4 Fox/Falco. You just have to discipline yourself not to cheat by guessing what they will do. If you occasionally shield when they roll or DD when they get up attack then you're not reacting. This only for the actual reaction though. You will still have to play humans for actual techs and for improvising combos and punishes off of the different options.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I do a lot of dumb stuff when I play because I'm still not used to competetive pacing, high pressure situations, and edgeguarding smart people. But, I beg for advice every tourney I'm at and I read a lot so I know some stuff despite being bad.

I was given this tip at 5am today lol. Edge guarding sheik is very linear. If she doesn't need to use up b I usually cover the edge w/ dtilt/fsmash/dair. Going out is risky but it can be really rewarding too.

If she has to upb you can go out and hit the first jump of it, but if you miss she'll get past you. The better option in this situation is to hold the ledge and force on stage. At this point you have a nice window to get on stage and punish the lag.

Killing her can be annoying. Sheik is really susceptible to dilt, I like to combo that into ftilt. Dtilt on the edge is really good too.

TL;DR what overlord said

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Someone should make a montage of M2k's edgeguarding, featuring mostly newer footage (so like, not the marth vs red falcon on yoshi's that is in every combo vid ever)

The song for the montage shall be Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory"
"Jumper" by Third Eye Blind.

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend~

EDIT: **** JPOBS ALREAYD MADE THE JOKE I MADE THE JOKE A YEAR AGO SOMEWHERE THO

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
You made it like a month ago in the what would you call your combo video thread. I was telling people about you making that joke today on the way home from mass madness.

/not stalking you

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
"Jumper" by Third Eye Blind.

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend~

EDIT: **** JPOBS ALREAYD MADE THE JOKE I MADE THE JOKE A YEAR AGO SOMEWHERE THO
I totally jacked the joke from you ;)

You said it in a stream chat once a while ago when m2k was hardcore camping. I thought it was ****ing hilarious :awesome:

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I need some fundamental lessons with marth.
All i've learned up until this point is poorly spaced dashdance and gimicks.
Like... once I have center stage, how do i keep them out? what's there to stop a fox from just nair shining me?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Prediction and speed, knowledge of your moves' hitboxes. The scenario is too open to just answer (much like most scenarios in this game). If you have your opponent in a bad position I would say you should be putting the "pressure" on him instead of even allowing a fox an opportunity to nair shine you.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Someone should make a montage of M2k's edgeguarding, featuring mostly newer footage (so like, not the marth vs red falcon on yoshi's that is in every combo vid ever)

The song for the montage shall be Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory"

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllllllll

Yo lady gaga *****

OMG THAT SONG IS SO PERFECT FOR ME LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

LMFAOFOAOLLOLLLL!!11!

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
sorry for doublepost but i just did something kinda cool.

forward throw falco at low percents (above ~7%, it should be high enough percent where he doesn't just land on his feet in front of you) and do an immediate rising nair. the first hit of the nair should jab reset and the second hit should miss.. kinda cool

also works on falcon at low percents, but stops around ~30%. on falco it works up to ~45% or so. this is all assuming no teching, not sure about DI yet since i'm just playing around with computers. it's effectively the same as jab resetting with marth's jab but it's flashier, and lets you be more mobile/cover more options because you can land and dash attack/tech chase/move faster/be sexy.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So I came to a small little epiphany today.

I really like talking about Smash, and I feel like I gain a lot from it, but I'm not a giant fan of the open forum setting for a few reasons. It takes a long time to get your responses (not a giant problem, but still slightly off-putting), but moreover, since it's a free-for all discussion, there's a bit too much entropy in discussion for my liking (things can deviate too far from what we're talking about) and since people aren't speaking directly to me, I don't feel particularly inclined to respond.

I've generally liked my experiences talking about Smash through Facebook messages or through AIM because both people get constant feedback on everything they say as opposed to writing up some broad general statement that is open and addressed to everyone. I feel like direct conversations about the game are just much more productive, meaningful, and interactive, which makes it a better medium for learning.

Feel free to even send me a link to a match for me to watch and talk about, but I'll warn you that I'll be less likely to do that because it requires me to dedicate a few minutes of concentration to just that, and I don't exactly have a specific thing to look for, and because it's just me talking about a match rather than having an interactive discussion on-the-fly... although that can lead to a nice discussion. As I said, feel free to send matches my way, but don't take it personally if I don't watch them :)

tl;dr: Feel free to hit me up on AIM (xroflmaowtfx) or messaging me directly on Facebook with questions or topics of discussion of pretty much anything pertaining to the game (does not necessarily have to be directly Marth related).
Reposted to spread the word

Top Bottom