• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
In my opinion Fox is just a silly character lol. He tries so hard but eventually get slapped around.
Thats why Fox has only won 2 nationals
while i do agree he has to try really hard, and has only won two nationals, i think it's because fox has the highest skill ceiling in the game, and people have yet to get really close to it. probably only person that's close enough to really exploit it is mango, which i guess we'll be seeing his fox more in the near future.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dreamland is good for Marth vs. Ganon to answer a previous question.

As for Samus, I feel like it's more in Marth's favor than 60:40, he can easily deal with all of her projectiles with so much as a simple jab, and can juggle Samus FOREVER.
You are saying it's good for Marth? I would have to disagree. It gives much more room for Ganon to survive and **** around. That's really key in that matchup, if Marth cannot kill Ganon quickly than it's generally a tough battle for Marth.

mers

Smash Ace
Something I tried on Ganon recently:

Edgeguarding with the first hit of dancing blade. He didn't seem to be able to sweetspot under it, and he can't tech it, so it seemed like I could just do it over and over until he either went low enough to edgehog or high enough to tipper without giving him a chance to tech.

It looks kinda dumb and sandbaggy, but if it works it could be really handy against Ganons who are good at ledgetechs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In my opinion Fox is just a silly character lol. He tries so hard but eventually get slapped around.
Thats why Fox has only won 2 nationals
Fox players have only won 2 nationals. Don't get the two statements confused.

makoforce

Smash Ace
while i do agree he has to try really hard, and has only won two nationals, i think it's because fox has the highest skill ceiling in the game, and people have yet to get really close to it. probably only person that's close enough to really exploit it is mango, which i guess we'll be seeing his fox more in the near future.
mango outta all people really. My money was on Jman.
Jman and m2k are the only fox mains to win a national right.

Jman=DGDTJ
M2K=FC: Diamond or FC6

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
mango outta all people really. My money was on Jman.
Jman and m2k are the only fox mains to win a national right.

Jman=DGDTJ
M2K=FC: Diamond or FC6
sure m2k and jman play fox more, (although m2k not really anymore) but have you seen mango's fox? it is so incredibly precise and aggressive at the same time. he also was talking to peepee recently and said he's going to be putting his try hard pants on again to beat peepee and regain his throne, and he said he was going to do it with fox.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You are saying it's good for Marth? I would have to disagree. It gives much more room for Ganon to survive and **** around. That's really key in that matchup, if Marth cannot kill Ganon quickly than it's generally a tough battle for Marth.
not sure if i agree with the marth > ganon on DL64 thing, but the general basis behind it is that marth can kill ganon off the bottom, while ganon kills marth off the sides, making it so that the super far blastzones benefit marth more than ganon.

plus maybe the big stage benefits marth since his movement is better

i don't really like DL64 at all, though, so i'll refrain from putting in my 2 cents regarding it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
DGDTJ counts as a national? It was like a west coast tourney with jman at it. If you count DGDTJ as a national, SMYM10 DEFINITELY counts as a national sense it had MW base with mango, m2k, G$ and scar.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
not sure if i agree with the marth > ganon on DL64 thing, but the general basis behind it is that marth can kill ganon off the bottom, while ganon kills marth off the sides, making it so that the super far blastzones benefit marth more than ganon.

plus maybe the big stage benefits marth since his movement is better

i don't really like DL64 at all, though, so i'll refrain from putting in my 2 cents regarding it.
Only a stupid Ganon will recover from low vs Marth, it's generally not the best idea, it's better to try to recover from high so that Marth has a tougher time to edgeguard. It's a bit like the same principle as KJ 64, except Ganon has slightly less options to recover properly.

Niko45

Smash Master
Idk Kage, what stage do you think is better for Ganon in the matchup - DL or Yoshi's? I feel like smaller blast zones help Ganon more than large ones.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Actually it's pretty hard to say because Marth can just as well finish Ganon quickly too on small stages. I personally like DL, KJ against Marth the best... BF is pretty good too. PS, I'm not even sure how I feel on that stage vs Marth. FoD and YS, personally it really goes either way. FD is probably the worst for me. I just know Kongo Jungle is the worst stage ever for Marth lol. I guess Brinstar is pretty gay too.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ganon has a little bit more range than marth, but marth makes up with it in speed. I prefer the middle sized stages to the larger stages over the small stages. You're killing ganon with an edgeguard anyways, so close blastzones dont really hurt ganon (plus the ****er is heavy as hell) but they are pretty rough on marth. As a marth i would prefer BF, PS, FD, DL over YS and FoD. Obviously all CP stages are the worst.

Dart!

Smash Master
personally i like DL vs ganon
if i somehow get hit by his big *** moves i can live longer...plus making him recover 50 plus times a stock can really wear on the mental game (for either player)

I think I jump oos and hit the other Marth when they do a rising Fair on me. The second fair's arc comes out so late that you can do a rising aerial into them and yours will hit before their Fair, even if they start their fair before you start aerial (fair, uair, nair).
There is a lot of rps here to theorize about. Endgame: fsmash.
Metaknight probably won that one...
Nah. Usmash. In all situations. Best.
Marth has moves?
Lol. Marth vs Falcon is all about that upsmash.

:troll:
These are the last few posts cactuar has had in the past month. I am noticing a trollish like tone to his posts over the last month. What could have caused this change?

Discuss.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
dont shield vs kage because he'll just shield poke you with dair into nair into multiple uairs into death on your marth on the 2nd day of genesis. and then later he'll go to your hotel room and beat you in a money match on your own tv...

:(

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
he definitely wants to try it again, because he is definitely going to genesis 2 this year, right jr?

makoforce

Smash Ace
omg my laptop LCD panel is cracked. Now I really have nothing to do.

SN: The metal piece on my video cord for my gamecube is brown and now it doesnt show a picture today has to be the worst day of my life only upside is I might go to genesis

hmm I just realized roy has an instant kill on jiggs. So why is the jiggs matchup hard for roy again if it should be a freebie?
The only instant kill I know of is the fixed knockback of his reverse UpB. If he hits with that on YI, I think any part of the stage is an instant kill off the top against the jiggs. On other stages jigglypuff can survive with DI, but at higher elevations it will kill her.

But, roy cannot properly combo jiggs into those situations. The only viable way I know of is running upto her or out of shield with the move. Missing could lead to death and unless it actually kills, it has high risk -> no reward on stages where it's not an instant kill.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys deal with pressure from Fast-characters (Fox, Falco, Falcon)
A lot of the times I have trouble dealing with them because of their speed. (Besides Falco his lasers pressue me a lot)
I need to space for sure, but what else is good?

note: I know Dash attack is good for getting under Lasers :p

Niko45

Smash Master
Against Fox you can CC a lot of his stuff.

Against Falco you can use stuff like counter OOS. WD oos is ok but he can still react and keep lasers on you.

Both Fox and Falcon really don't stop shield - WD oos very well. WD out into a DD and take stage control/corner trap them.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
What is it with people and all this hate on Marth lol? I've been to other forums like the Samus boards, etc and everyone is hating on Marth. He's not THAT good IMO.

Niko45

Smash Master
Imo Marth beats Samus worse than he beats any other viable character, so it doesn't surprise me that Samus players are *****ing about Marth.

In general tho most character boards will tell you Marth is not that bad/easier than the top tiers. Most people find Marth free nowadays.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
beating people with marth feels so good though. idk what it is about marth, he just feels very "pro" to me. maybe because i idolized ken, azen, and mew2king for the longest time
i feel the exact same way. marth feels so very specific with his playstyle, that beating someone after learning the specifics feels very gratifying.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I have a question about Sheik...I can play well against her, but I just can't seem to kill her. I have no problems forcing her back on the stage and punishing her appropriately but she's able to come back. Any ideas of on how to take her down guys. Also I'm gonna try to post a bit more here too since I'm picking up Marth as a strong secondary.

Top Bottom