• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Captain Falcon's Complete Moveset, Frame Data, and Moonwalking Guide

Scar

#HarveyDent
This thread is organized into 3 parts.
1) Complete Moveset
by AngeloBangelo
2) Frame Data by
AngeloBangelo
3) Moonwalk Guide by
Red Shirt KRT

Note: Most of the moveset is outdated, so I will work on a new CF moveset summary, but for now AngeloBangelo's should be sufficient.

Complete Moveset

Before the moveset begins I want to explain three quick things:
1. Bold = Category that the move falls into.
2. Italic = Summerization of the category for Falcon... How useful the moves are and such.
3. Underline = The name of the move
The numbers after all of the moves are the frame information. I figured this stuff might be good to know. After that, KB=Knockback, and then I will rate the range of the attack and give you the approximate amount of damage that it can perform (Spamming a move will weaken its damage considerably, if you did not know).

4. Basic Ground

Yeah... Basic ground... Well, to sum it up... Don't use rapid punch. Use the rest after a SHFFLed aerial to prevent shieldgrabbers. All of these moves are pretty low in damage and knockback. But they make up for that in speed. The only exception is The Gentleman which is has good knockback, decent damage, and is about as fast as a jab.

A
Official name: Jab
Total: 21
Hit: 3-5
Window of the second punch: 3-25
Second punch starts: 9
KB: None
Range: Low
Damage: 1-2%
-A single punch. I use this after a shffled aerial to prevent shieldgrabbing. The best moves to use it after is a Fair or Nair since when L-canceled they have such low lag. Otherwise it's difficult to get the punch in before getting shieldgrabbed.

AA
Official name: Straight
Total: 20
Hit: 5-7
Window of the knee: 2-25
Knee starts: 8
Damage: 2-3%
-Double punch. Use this after a shffled aerial to get an extra hit in, or after an uthrow. Once again, this will only really work after a Nair or Fair because of the low lag times.

Rapid Punch
Official name: Rapid Punch (Is this really the official name?!)
Total: 55
Jab hits: 5-6, 13-14, 21-22, 29-30,
36-37, 45-46
Damage: 1%
- This actually can be used, although that doesn’t make it a very good move. I’ve seen it used all the time in videos (Probably not on purpose) but I’ve never seen one video in which the Falcon player was punished for using this move. I still don’t use it unless I mess up on a gentleman but… I’m just saying. It’s been used well.

Gentleman
Official name: Knee
Total: 12
Hit: 6-12
intermediary animation: 5 frames
KB: Above average
Damage: 7-8%
-The gentleman is slang for hitting A twice very rapidly, waiting a moment, and then hitting A again to hit the opponent with your knee, but not go into rapid punches. If you learn to do this very well, I recommend using this after shffled aerials because most people will block the first two punches. If you have difficulty timing this, you can just press AA really quickly, and then press A and Z at the same time. Almost never fails. A gentleman is rarely suspected and it sets up well for the knee.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

5. Tilts and Dash

Falcon's tilts are actually pretty good. Just his Ftilt isn’t used that much but his dash is... Well... It's not Samus’. They are both very situational. I’ll cover the situations you can use them in right now.

Ftilt
Hitbox (UFtilt)
Hitbox(DFtilt)
Hitbox(Ftilt)
Official name: Round Kick
Total: 29
Hit: 9-11
KB: Average
Range: Above average
Damage: 6-11%
-Good for spacing, because it can't be shieldgrabbed. This cannot be comboed into though, so I rarely use it. It can be used however if you tilt up with forward at the same time. After an Uthrow, you can UFtilt them which sends them slightly more into the air which will open up for more combo opportunities. I don't use that combo often though because there are usually better moves that you can use after an Uthrow... Like a ForwardB or a Usmash, most of the time.

Dtilt
Hitbox
Official name: Crouching Kick
Total: 35
Hit: 10-15
IASA: 35
KB: Average (Vertical height)
Range: Average
Damage: 6-12%
-This move is a bit slow due to the time it takes for Falcon to retrieve his leg. Although it does have a fair amount of combo potential, but I still use it sparingly. It can be used against an opponent if you're at a low percentage and just need one knee to win. It's easy to CC an attack, use Dtilt, and knee them out of it. DYC informs me that it can be used to combo into the knee vs characters like Marth or Sheik. I just tested it. Now I have a good way to knee McHenry's Sheik player! I always just Dthrew, but it was hard to reach her with proper DI. Yay for DYC! This move can also be used to disrupt sweetspotters, such as Fox or Falco, which sets up nicely for a knee. Most floaty characters are set up very nicely by the Dtilt for a knee and I’ve discovered myself using this to start combos more and more now that I’ve been experimenting with it.

Utilt
Hitbox
Official name: Wheel Kick
Total: 39
Hit: 17-21
IASA: 38

KB: Very good
Damage: 7-13%
-Most people don't think this move is very good, which I disagree with... The start-up time is kind of bad, but if you connect, it is worth it. This move is actually really fast for how powerful it is. A lot of japanese players (Masashi and CJ) use this as a safer edge guard than... Say... Stomping. I'm trying to adapt this as well. I mean, if Captain Jack only uses this move for edgeguarding... I'm going to learn it. This move can disturb people who try to sweetspot the ledge. If you look at the hitbox, you'll notice that the hitbox area extends slightly below his foot after it's reached the ground, allowing you to disrupt sweetspotters.

Dash A
Official name: Turbo Shoulder
Hit: 7-16
Range: Very low
Damage: 3-10%
-Bad move. Waaaaaay too punishable, and even if you do connect (You're more likely to get shieldgrabbed), you can't combo from it very well because of the amount of time it takes to recover. A lot of people are like "But this move is pretty good!" and you know what I say? It's not about what's good... It's about what's best. This move is actually seen pretty often though, unfortunately it’s only if they use the control stick. It’s usually from a throw, they try to jump and knee, but they hit jump too early and just use this piece of crap. If you’re in the habit of doing this, stop now.

6. B Moves

His B moves are pretty useless except his Forward-B. You're usually looking for combo potential and well.. None of these moves really have any with the exception of the forward B.

B
Official name: Falcon Punch
Total: 99
Hit: 52-56
KB: Your head "esplode"!!!!11
Range: Good
Damage: 16-32%
-Don't use this except in FFA and 2v2. There are rare occasions when you can use it in 1v1. The only real example I can think of in which you can use this is against a Fox or Falco at around 70-80% after a stomp if they don’t DI AT ALL. Still, it’s really awesome/rare to pull off. Just so we’re all clear, this move is called the Tapion Punch Combo developed by a board member named Tapion013.

Up B
Official name: Falcon Dive
Total: 64
Grab: 13-33
Can grab edges as soon as: 38
--When grabbing---
Total: 79
Hit: 2-6
Sends away: 20
landfallspeciallag: 30
KB: Average, but they gain their second jump back
Range: Good, but it's hard to land
Damage: I haven't looked yet... Probably crap
-Computers use this a lot... As a human, I recommend never using this. Something neat to remember is that if you connect with it off of the level (Say... if a Fox tries to shine you) you can ricochet them off of a wall and it makes it very difficult for them to recover, especially since you're usually edgehogging afterwards. None of my friends ever tech this, but I'm sure they will eventually learn. If you're playing people who are good at teching, this probably isn't a very reliable tactic. This move also gives your opponent their second jump back, so using it as some sort of kill move is nothing short of completely stupid. I have seen this move used out of desperation against Masashi with CJ. Basically he did an attack, it was shielded, and to prevent getting grabbed he used this move on Masashi's Yoshi. This doesn't make it a reliable move though. He's CJ... He can do these things and make them look good.

Forward B
Official name: Raptor Boost
Total ground (whiffed): 79
Hit window (ground): 15-34
Hit window (air): 17-34
When he hits: 4-8
Lag from hitting (air): 45
Lag from hitting (ground): 25
landfallspeciallag: 20
Damage: I haven't looked yet
-This move is really good for starting combos, but it is hard to land because of the startup animation (This makes it really predictable, and you will get shieldgrabbed). This move is best used at medium percentage, and just shffl an easy knee for the win... Good times.. Another good time to use this move is if you ever get an aerial shielded and land behind your opponent. This is obviously because you can use this move without being shieldgrabbed. Something handy to know is that this move will penetrate through projectiles when you're in the stage of the move that charges you forward. Something else that’s handy to know is to NOT USE THIS MOVE NEAR LEDGES. Sidestep dodge + Edge + Forward B = Stock.

Down B
Official name: Falcon Kick
Hit (from ground): 14-32
Hit (from air): 15-29
Recovery time (from ground): 29
Recovery time (from air): 28
NOTE: landing during the air recovery
time causes the ground hit
Ground hit lag: 45
Ground hit damaging: 1-2
Wall hit lag: 60
KB: Below average
Range: Very good
Damage: I haven't looked yet
-This move is not meant for combat. It's really slow, does no damage, has no knockback, and before he performs this move he yells "FALCON KICK!" so it's easy to see coming. You should never use this move in a competitive game. Friendlies or FFAs can be funny since you can hit multiple people with it repeatedly. A special trick worth mentioning is that if you use your second jump, followed by a Falcon kick, you will regain your second jump back. Use this sparingly because Falcon's kick lasts for a long time, and he falls very quickly. Only use this technique when you are very high in the air and very far away from the stage. Never use it more than once in the same recovery attempt because you will plummet down too far and will probably kill yourself in doing so except for rare occasions.

7. Smashes

Falcon's smashes are all very powerful if they land... But they are impossible to land on an opponent. Or if it is possible to land a smash... It most likely has little/no ability to combo. Just... Try to steer clear of them, in most cases with the exception of the occasional Usmash when I see a good opportunity.

Fsmash
Official name: Overheat Elbow
Total: 64
Hit: 18-21
IASA: 60
Charge frame: 10
Range: Disturbingly low
Damage: 11-27%
-This move sends people very far. Due to the startup time, it's very difficult to land though. If you're really good at reading techs, you can just Fsmash people after they tech past you. It's usually a stock if you land it at a reasonable percentage. You can also Uthrow fast fallers at 50-60% and Fsmash them if they flub their DI. If you’re facing an edge, you can Dthrow FFers and expect them to tech into you which leads nicely into a Fsmash for a stock depending on the character and percentage.

Dsmash
Official name: Pinwheel Kick
Total: 49
Hit: 19-22, 29-32
IASA: 45
Charge frame: 14
Damage: 12-20%
-If someone is on the edge and you Dthrow them, they're most likely going to tech into you. You can either land a Fsmash or a Dsmash. This move is very useful against people who roll a lot. Other than that, it is a pretty slow move. Slower than the Fsmash and not as powerful. Although it does have more range than his Fsmash, but I would still use his Fsmash over this in most situations. The move is just so slow and gives you no payoff for the amount of time it takes to use. The only time this is especially handy is after Uthrowing a Fox or Falco. They will usually either tech in place or behind you for whatever reason. Either way, they’re light and this almost always lands on them until they start DIing away from you.

Usmash
Official name: Pendulum Kick
Total: 54
Hit: 21-22, 27-28
IASA: 40
Charge frame: 8
Damage: 15-27%
-This move is tough to land because it only hits slightly above, and slightly in front of you. It does have great combo potential, but it's a bit to unreliable to use consistently. At lower percentages you can Uthrow into this if they don't DI too much. It can also be Forward-B'ed into. As you can see, the damage is really high. It can actually be used as an effective KO move against characters that seem to have problems getting killed horizontally... Like Peach. The fact that it's two hits is also pretty good, because the move is active for a while, giving you a larger window to hit your opponent with it. This can also be a good move to kill with. An example would be CJ’s Falcon vs Ikki’s Peach. I think it’s the second vid. He predicts a jump off of the edge and Usmashes for the final stock. Good stuff.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

8. Throws

Falcons throws are simply fantastic. Uthrow and Dthrow both set up for the knee quite well. Bthrow and Fthrow well... They make for good paperweights.

Fthrow Official name: Bodyblow- There are few reasons to use this throw over the Dthrow and Uthrow, since they have infinitely more combo potential over this one. You can occassionally use this throw to get an opponent off of the edge for an Utilt or whatever. It's not completely useless, but most of the time Dthrow or Uthrow are better options. Does about 2-9% damage.

Dthrow Official name: Throwdown- Very good throw. Can chainthrow semi-floaties and floaties. You can also shffl knees into people when they hit the ground if they don't tech, or you can just pop them up and shffl a knee. Try to prevent them from teching so you can land knees when they're on the ground. They will stop teching if you tech punish a lot. Does about 3-7% damage.

Bthrow Official name: Kickback- Refer to Fthrow... Does about 2-9% damage.

Uthrow Official name: Rising Palm- This is what I use to set up fastfallers up for a knee or for a ForwardB. Fox/Falco are even susceptible to this at medium (40-50) percentages. Does about 2-9% damage. This is the main way you’ll want to tech punish fast fallers.

"A" while holding opponent Official name: Captive Knee- This is used to tack on a bit of damage before a throw. I always forget to use it, but that doesn't mean you should neglect it. You've got to think about how often Ken did this vs Bombsoldier and how much damage it tacked on each time he threw him... This is definitely a move you should not start to forget. It does between 1-2% damage.

9. Aerials

Falcon's aerials have moderate priority, come out reasonably fast, and make up about 90% of his offensive game (Minus throws). Let's just say his air game is ridiculously better than his ground game. This is the meat and potatoes of any good Falcon player and I’m going to write a huge summary of each aerial, so be prepared

Nair
Hitbox
Official name: Rotary Kick
Total: 44
Hit: 7-12, 20-29
Auto cancel: <3 34>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7
KB: Good
Damage: 2-12%
-Great move. I love it because it's two hits and people usually block the first one and get hit by the 2nd one. I suggest learning to retreat this attack, which is basically just using it, but moving backwards so that you cannot be grabbed out of it. The first hit will do nothing, the second one is the one you need to connect with to start a combo. Spacing this move is extremely important. You don’t see good Marth players right next to you spamming their Fair for a reason. Some people say not to shffl this attack because you miss the second hit. It's not very hard to shffl it and land both hits, though. You can actually chain Nairs together against him if he doesn’t DI properly. This is also one of the safest moves to approach with against Fox or sometimes Falco, depending on if he’s lasering you (He probably will be, that son of a *****…)If you want to see Nairing at it’s finest, watch Darkrain vs Aho’s Marth. G-regulate also has a nice Nair Uair Nair on Aho. Or better yet, watch “tani(marth)_vs_kei(falcon) 2”. Wow, disgusting. This move the safest aerial you can do vs other fastfallers, in my opinion. It’s pretty easy to juggle certain characters with this move, depending on how they DI. If they want to avoid several Nairs in a row, then they have to DI towards you and up at the same time, which makes Nair useless. However, you can counter this by SHFFLing a Uair to combo them instead. A lot of characters are very susceptible to the Nair – Uair – Nair combo. These characters include, but are not limited to: Peach, Marth, Mario, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf , Link, and Samus. Something else worth noting is Nair is rarely teched. Unless it’s really obvious they’re going to. But most of the time if you use a Nair on a grounded character, they will get hit by the second kick and fall backwards and flub their tech. This allows a huge opportunity for you because flubbed techs are a good Falcon players wet dream. Knee him, stomp him, boost him, hell you can even Falcon kick him. Just be sure to always punish people who constantly flub their techs when they don’t tech Nairs when grounded or even when they’re in the air (Although techs are seen more often here unless in a combo).

Bair
Hitbox
Official name: Reverse Knuckle
Total: 35
Hit: 10-17
IASA: 29
Auto cancel: <6 21>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
Damage: 4-14%
-A very fast and effective move. Think of it like sex kick, kind of. Except instead of getting gradually weaker, it only has two different possibilities for effectiveness: Suck, and pwnage. I suggest "pwnage" but whatever floats your boat. This is a good move to ledgehop from if your opponent is already off of the stage. If you want to ledgehop really sexily, do a walljump off of the level into a knee… Phew… That’s too much. The bair is such a fast move that you can often chain a few together against semi floaties if you SHFFL them very well. This is also a good way to move characters towards the edge of the level. Unfortunately this move will send people upwards usually if you hit them with the strongest part of the attack. This can make it really easy for them to come back. The main time to use Bairs is when falling off of a platform or just coming down from above your opponent if you need some breathing room. It’s not usually used offensively or as an approaching move. More as a lightning fast move to give you some space if your back is to your opponent and you want to throw something out to keep him off of you for a second. I really don’t use this move that much anymore. It’s all mainly Nairs, Dairs, Fairs, and Uairs now. Sorry Bair. I still love you.

Dair
Hitbox
Official name: Step on It
Total: 44
Hit: 16-20
Auto cancel: <3 36>
Landlag: 24
Lcanceled: 12
KB: Good
Damage: 8-16%
-This is a really good meteor. Not to send people down with, but more to pop people up for combo opportunities. If shffled against floaties, you can just knee them out of it when they pop up. It's hilarious to do! Something worth mentioning is this moves insane hitbox. You don't even necessarily have to connect with your body to hit them (I'll talk about this later). Also, it seems like you hit your opponent with the upper part of your body, they are spiked at a 45 degree angle. This is a key move against space animals and semi-floaties to get them into knee range. Some characters like Sheik, can really only be set up for a knee through this move (Or Raptor boost). This is one of the safest moves to approach with because momentum will carry you past your opponent and will not allow your opponent to shieldgrab. This move can be tricky to SHFFL for some reason, because the hitlag seems to be longer than all of Falcon’s other aerials. This should be one of your main moves used for approaching safely next to Nair. It really depends on the matchup, which I’ll get into later.

Uair
Hitbox
Official name: Overhead Kick
Total: 33
Hit: 6-13
IASA: 30
Auto cancel: 22>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7
Damage: 6-13%
-This move is really good against floaties and semi-floaties. As you can hit them with two if you do not SH. Or 3 if you shffl one, and then full jump to fit another two in. It's great for racking up damage. It comes out so fast too...It's perfect for just jumping around punishing platform *****s. Using late Uairs (Uairs with the C-stick right before you land on the ground) is a great way to surprise enemies. It’s kind of like when Husband always comes down without a move, or so it seems, with his Marth. And at the last second just throws out a Fair. You can do that with Uairs if your opponent starts to predict your empty shorthops. Since this move has such crazy low lag and decent range, it’s not a bad idea to do it once in a while since no one expects it. This move is really good vs some characters that have really weak Dairs like Sheik. You can’t combo her with Nairs like you can with Uairs. Uairs are also much more forgiving and noob-friendly because insane DI is not required like it is when linking several Nairs together. This moves range, speed, and extremely low lag makes it a bread and butter move when it comes to comboing.

Fair
Hitbox
Official name: Knee Smash
Hit: 14-30
IASA: 36
Auto cancel: <6 35>
Landlag: 19
Lcanceled: 9
Damage: 8-16%
-This... Is the knee. I'm sure you already know what the knee is so I probably don't need to say too much. Basically it's CF's finisher. And people know this. They will watch for it often, so you may have to throw some mind games in there. You should not try to just SHFFL knees into people on the ground. Something I'd like to point out to those who don't know is that "The Knee" requires a sweetspot to be effective. The sweetspot is not about where you hit them with the knee, but rather the timing that you land the knee with. Speaking of missing the sweetspot, DYC brought something to my attention. If your opponent is already off of the stage and you weak knee them, you can follow it with a Uair and mess up their recovery still. I call it “Getting rocked” since DYC jokingly calls it the “**** you got rocked”. Not everyone knows that the knee will send you on a downward trajectory if you knee someone on the ground. This can be hard to do as you can only really pull it off if someone has a low shield or is rolling out of a tech, rolling towards you, etc… That’s why it’s usually better to knee someone on the ground than in the air. A knee in the air is worth two in the bush…? If the opponents shield is low and you are in front of them, fricking knee them. It will most likely break through their shield and send them very far away/down very quickly. Some crazy Asians can actually tech these so if your opponent is playing with one hand and eating rice in the other, be careful! Also, kidding. Don’t hate me.

Frame Data

If you really want to get good with Falcon, you should have at least some sort of idea about where his frames stand. Here is a list of frame measurements of things that aren't direct attacks, but they're more like miscellaneous collected frame data that you should have a brief (Or extended if you're that extreme about your Falcon) understanding of.

Ledge stand <100%

Total: 32
Invincible: 1-22
-------------------------------------
Ledge stand 100%>

Total: 58
Invincible: 1-49
Ledge roll 100%>

Total: 78
Invincible: 1-54
Ledge roll <100%

Total: 48
Invincible: 1-24
Ledge attack <100%

Total: 54
Hit: 24-29
Invilnerable: 1-20
Ledge attack 100%>

Total: 68
Hit: 37-40
Invulnerable: 1-33
Ledge jump <100%

Total: 43
Invulnerable: 1-11
Ledge jump 100%>

Total: 53
Invincible: 1-18
Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8
Running grab

Total: 40
Grab: 11-12
Jump: airborne on frame 5

Air time: 49
Earliest FF: 26
FF air time: 36

SH air time: 31
Earliest FF: 17
SH FF air time: 20

2nd jump earliest FF: 23
Air dodge
invulnerable 4-29 out of 49
landfallspeciallag: 10 frames

Ground dodge
invulnerable 3-20 out of 32

Roll
invulnerable 4-19 out of 31

Landing lag: 4 frames
Ledge grab lag: 7

Dash becomes run at frame 16
Turn-jump Threshold: 16
Run turnaround: 28

Moonwalk Guide

No one has really explained moonwalking, stickywalking, or reverse moonwalking thoroughly, which is one of the things that makes Falcon so sexy, so I thought that I would go for it and I was tired of explaining this to all the noobs who keep making stupid posts about this.

If someone wants to use this guide somewhere else just give credit to me, Red Shirt KRT.

This Video basically shows all.

Moonwalking
Moonwalking is when your character slides across the ground backwards while in the running animation.

Procedure
Step 1: First trigger the dash animation by smashing the control stick to the right or left.

Step 2: Next you must move the control stick from the dash position all the way to the opposite side. The trick is that you must not go through the center.

Applications
Many people don't think moonwalking is useless. Moonwalking isn't useless, but it isn't one of the most useful techniques. Moonwalking is mostly used for mindgames just to mix things up and make Captain Falcon's game more random than it already is. Edgehogging is another one of its uses. It is also a great way to gain momentum for a jump without the opponent realizing what you are doing.

Doing a bair out of a moonwalk greatly increases the distance covered, because you normally can't be at fullspeed traveling backwards.

This Video is great for showing how to use the moonwalk to edgehog and shows some other great uses.

This Video shows some of the flashy things you can do if you get good enough at moonwalking.

Notes
A lot of people get confused on what exactly cause you to moonwalk the farthest. There is no way you can moonwalk "faster" just farther.

What determines how far you moonwalk, is how fast you move the control stick from one side of the control stick to the other without going through the center. If you go through the center of the control stick, then you will just dash dance.

Stickywalking (A.K.A. Stupid Dash, Crawling)
Stickywalking is when your character is doing the run animation, but you can vary the speed at which they run.

Procedure
Step 1: First trigger the dash animation by smashing the control stick to the left or right.

Step 2: Next you may do one of the following things to do the stickywalk. Number 1 is easier in my opinion, but both work.
1) Slide the control stick down or up towards straight up or striaght down.
2) Slide the control stick back towards the center position

Applications
Stickywalking is mainly used for mindgames. It can be done anytime after you are in the running animation. Lets say when you are just about to get in marth's fsmash range and you slow your run speed down and he misses, you can easily punish him for this. Mindgames are the only other use I know of for stickywalking.

Notes
To vary the speed at which you run it is determined by how far you tilt the control stick. All the way to the right/left will have you run at normal run speed. The closer you get to the bottom/top/center depending on which method you use, the slower you will run. If you tilt to far, and go all the way to the top/bottom/center you will jump/crouch/walk depending on which method you use.

The Crawl, is basically the same as stickywalking only it is done a little bit differently. To do the Crawl, you go like your doing a normal moonwalk then you slide the control stick in a half moon circle like before but back to the other side of the control stick. This makes you start out stickywalking at the slowest possible speed then eventually speeds you up to your run speed.

Reverse Moonwalking
Reverse Moonwalking is when your character dashes out of the back end of a moonwalk.

Procedure
Step 1: First trigger the dash animation by smashing the control stick to the right or left.

Step 2: Next you must move the control stick from the dash position all the way to the opposite side. The trick is that you must not go through the center.

Step 3: Then you smash the control stick to the opposite side, and then back to where you started, like you are dash dancing.

Applications
This actually is one of the better forms of moonwalking, it gives you many more options once you already know how to moonwalk. One of the biggest things you can use this for is if you moonwalk a lot, and people know that you moonwalk a lot. Not many people know about this move and if you spring one of these out of know where it will definitely catch your opponent off guard.

Here is my diagram that will help you to visualize/understand what moonwalking and stickywalking are all about.

These are awesome links that you should definitely check out.

Great Moonwalk/Stickywalk Video

Good Moonwalking Information

Moonwalking Video

Brookman

Smash Hero
"Still, it’s really awesome/rare to pull off. Just so we’re all clear, this move is called the Tapion Punch Combo developed by a board member named Tapion013."

*Vomits* .

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wow. This is really slick Scar. The falcon boards looks a lot better now without the 7 stickies.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
For the stickywalk...

In method 2, you smash the stick to point A...then you slide the stick to point C.
Does that just mean..smash the stick one way, move it to the center, then smash the stick again towards the same direction?

Smash Ace
Rapid Punch
Official name: Rapid Punch (Is this really the official name?!)
Total: 55
Jab hits: 5-6, 13-14, 21-22, 29-30,
36-37, 45-46
Damage: 1%
- This actually can be used, although that doesn’t make it a very good move. I’ve seen it used all the time in videos (Probably not on purpose) but I’ve never seen one video in which the Falcon player was punished for using this move. I still don’t use it unless I mess up on a gentleman but… I’m just saying. It’s been used well.
LOL.

Very nice. I look forward to an updated move list.

I should really learn to moonwalk. Moonwalk->taunt is sexy.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar-I saw those diagrams and some form of Moonwalk guide in another post? I know I've seen that before. lol
This thread is organized into 3 parts.
1) Complete Moveset
by AngeloBangelo
2) Frame Data by
AngeloBangelo
3) Moonwalk Guide by
Red Shirt KRT
yeah.
Cool, are we going to do some extra stuff in this thread like talking about match-ups, stages, combos, and videos?
Yeah I'd like to work on a writeup on stages, but they will be heavily biased with all of Scar's opinions. Matchups I would like to avoid b/c I don't want to really reveal anything significant to players of other characters.

They can like reverse-engineer **** if I show them my moves. Generic matchup writeups are awesome though and I'll get on that too.

S.D

Smash Master
Is there a difference between moonwalking in PAL melee and NTSC, coz my Falcon doesn't seem to slide around as much in PAL.

Anyone know why?

In 2D

Smash Cadet
Can someone answer me this:

There is a technique called "full short hop", and a falcon user said he could "get full short hop distance with CF". What is this technique, and how is it performed?

Beat

Smash Ace
Why didn't I know this existed? You forgot an important thing about Falcon's f-smash. If you run behind people and tap down then f-smash them, you unlock his surprise taijutsu and elbow them in the spine while they try to grab a phantom image of Falcon that appears in front of them in space-time, illusionary particles he left behind when he ran behind them (he's faster than light, essentially).

People call this the Boco Buster, the Killing Blow, and the Black Star Big Wave.

Some call it the Reverse-Flow Elbow, too.

Thank me later.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yes lol but it was a joke i think because scar thought he came up with a long time ago maybe and then this guy is giving him guff about it

at least that's what i derived from the replies

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol nah i never do that beat is just a funny guy with a neat trick and a ton of sassy names

then i decided to be a jerk and claim it for myself and name it something really inventive and awesome so i thought of the greatest thing i could and there it is

and the name stuck, people do dash canceled reverse fsmashes all over the place and say daaaaaamn, you got the scar on yo back

Pi

Smash Hero
When you chain moonwalks
do you have to dashdance again?
or do you just dash bring it back?
like say...
dash left then right then rotate under
then dash right and rotate under
dash right rotate under
etc etc etc

?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
When you chain moonwalks
do you have to dashdance again?
or do you just dash bring it back?
like say...
dash left then right then rotate under
then dash right and rotate under
dash right rotate under
etc etc etc

?
You dont have to dash at all.

The dash initially just gives you much more starting momentum. For continuous moonwalking, simply repeat the motion without the dash.

Its kinda like rolling the stick back several times over with speed and precision.

Top Bottom