• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Captain Falcon's Complete Moveset, Frame Data, and Moonwalking Guide

wool

Smash Ace
Yo Scar, this thread rocks man. Been trying to get a better Falcon since hes just so **** fun to play haha.
Thanks for the tips.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I can moonwalk with Link perfectly, but with Falcon, moonwalking just slows his dash down a bit.

Does anyone know what you have to do differently?

Incronaut

Smash Ace
can you really moonwalk by going upwards?! (seeing the green arrow moving upwards past point c)

Brookman

Smash Hero
"Still, it’s really awesome/rare to pull off. Just so we’re all clear, this move is called the Tapion Punch Combo developed by a board member named Tapion013."

*Vomits* .
Ironically just had a similar response when reading through that section again.

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Moonwalking

I don't know if this is already a known thing or not. But you can moonwalk by smashing the control stick to the right or left and then smashing the stick to the other side. The trick is to do it fast enough that the game doesn't realize that you've gone through the center. I've only been able to do it a few times in X1 time (and I've only tried it a few times) but if you go to training mode and set the time to X1/4 time, it's not very difficult.

Windrose

Smash Lord
^Might just be your controller being off center. That shouldn't work.

adechrist

Smash Cadet
Moonwalking!

I believe it does work. The game plays at 60 frames a second. If you go through the middle fast enough, I don't think there's enough time for it to recognize that you've gone through the middle. I've tried it with all 3 of my controllers and it works with all of them. Try it yourself in training mode. Put the speed to 1/4 and use captain falcon. Then just hit the control stick left to right as quickly as you can. I've been practicing and I can now do it about a third of the time on regular speed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yep. perfect moonwalk is 1 frame one way, one frame the other way. try dashing and pausing on frame one of the dash, then hold the other way and unpause it. moonwalk. its how i moonwalk to the right.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Also someone should really update the instructions on how to gentleman faster
i mean
a a a+z is like the "Standard" way but imo a a a+forward is so much better, it also makes it so u can run forward/dash forward out of your gentleman.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the buttons you use are up to preference
I generally do A A A+hold, action on IASA into whatever. If I'm not hitting them I usually just uh don't do the third hit. If I'm just gentlemaning to show off, I just delay the A inputs a bit while still doing AAA Hold.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pretty sure AAA(hold) is the standard and AAA+Z is for tards like me who learned it the wrong way but refuse to change

DukeMotok

Smash Rookie
Wow. That's a lot of info, but thanks for making it so clear. Does anyone have any advice for C. Falcon's recovery though? It's really hard to figure out, and sweetspotting a ledge seems to be close to impossible. Just message me if you have an answer. Thanks.

Walt

Smash Ace
PMs are lame. Falcon can't sweet spot, except for on battlefield when up-Bing backwards under the stage. I think otherwise when recovering from below your sweetspot is just your legs going the least over the stage. Which will happen regardless. But he does have excellent air control and when recovering from above you can really mix up where you go and move really far in either direction or just shy past a hitbox if you know where it is really well.

But what you get for choosing Falcon is terrible recovery, terrible out of shield game, easily combo'd, slow moves, and a lot of getting crouch canceled dsmash'd by better characters. But in return You Are Douglas J. Falcon And You Are Justice.

Windrose

Smash Lord
PMs are lame. Falcon can't sweet spot, except for on battlefield when up-Bing backwards under the stage. I think otherwise when recovering from below your sweetspot is just your legs going the least over the stage. Which will happen regardless. But he does have excellent air control and when recovering from above you can really mix up where you go and move really far in either direction or just shy past a hitbox if you know where it is really well.

But what you get for choosing Falcon is terrible recovery, terrible out of shield game, easily combo'd, slow moves, and a lot of getting crouch canceled dsmash'd by better characters. But in return You Are Douglas J. Falcon And You Are Justice.
That is quite the pessimistic perspective on playing falcon.

I is actually quite fun once you get over those frustrations

:phone:

Walt

Smash Ace
Lol, I only feel like that after I have a good day with Fox and beat Falco's I usually lose too as Falcon. But my good days with Falcon I feel like his weaknesses are completely fair.

taevion0

Smash Cadet
anyone have links of falcon killin opponents w/ falcon punch during tournaments or money match with the crowd goin wild? thanks.

i kno this is off topic but i don't think it's worth making a new thread over... and this has high visits

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
How fast do we have to to go from A to B on Moon Walking? Is there a specific frame window to do it in?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I painted that pink controller myself! Didn't realize people were still using my moonwalking guide!

Falcon from melee was his best form

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for digging this one out, but since people are still using this as a reference: knee does 18%! (it says 16% in the OP)

Top Bottom