• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Social Thread

Latch

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is sick! Has best moves. Also best taunts. Any tips on recovery though?

Also, any changes in 2.5? And more generally, what are his changes from melee?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Falcon is sick! Has best moves. Also best taunts. Any tips on recovery though?

Also, any changes in 2.5? And more generally, what are his changes from melee?
His Hitboxes kind of feel weird compared to Melee, but have the same impact as his melee moves, his side B can grab the ledge now so you can use raptor boost as another recovery option. His moonwalk is worse but I haven't tested it out in 2.5 yet.

You just have to be smart with your recovery, you could probably watch the pro melee Falcon's and see how they recover. (Hax, S2J, SilentSpectre etc)

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
The best thing you can do with Falcon recovery is keep the opponent guessing. Falcon's recovery is really easy to guard as long as you know what is coming, but if you don't it's quite tricky- so try mixing up the up-B, raptor boost, air dodge, maybe a falling aerial if you have the height... do what ever you think the opponent isn't ready for or can't cover

Falling uair to wall-jump raptor-boost on Yoshi's for example, really unexpected but effective.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Raptor Boost is great in PM.
Not only does it grab the edge and can be used as a recovery option, but you can RB off the edge (while on the ground) and when you go off hold the joystick toward the stage and you'll grab the ledge, making it safe to use it near the edge of the stage, thus making Fountain a bit better for Falcon.

His moonwalk is a little weaker, but still useful.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
P:M Falcon: Its so good to be top/high tier again

:')

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
The quadruple turn-around Falcon Punch (and Warlock Punch) is, by far, the most ridiculous thing I have seen the PMBR done yet.

And I love it.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
The quadruple turn-around Falcon Punch (and Warlock Punch) is, by far, the most ridiculous thing I have seen the PMBR done yet.

And I love it.
Yes! The momentum from a b reversed falcon punch is so good for mindgames.

I noticed some weird things with him playing around on temple the other day though. If you raptor boost into a wall if you keep holding the direction into the wall falcon seems to keep his running momentum until it gradually slows him back down into normal walking mode. It seems if you do it multiple times it also gives hims a bit of boost for momentum/running speed. Jumping during the running momentum had some interesting effects. I could instantly knee right over the right wall (carrying the momentum with it) on temple. It seems to be a bit of a bug or something to do with this:

"There are some Stage Collision Detection bugs, which are not yet fixed. The most notable being some additional downwards momentum when the character is sideways or upside down in the animation."

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Tried the Raptor Boost thing, and everything you said is correct.

Hmm...that is pretty peculiar.

..... *turns speed up to 1.5x, spawns Metal Box, and has fun for hours using the glitch*

steviestar

Smash Rookie
What are the mechanics of the new falcon punch turnaround? I can't consistently get him to turn around more than once, I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else feel like reverse falcon punch is kind of a nuisance? I can't Falcon punch most things because trying to DI will make it reverse a million times.

If someone were to tell me that you can't influence the movement of Falcon while he's doing regular Falcon punch and great burden would be removed from me.

However, there's still the reverse momentum thing that keeps screwing my falcon punches over.

nessrocks08

Smash Rookie
Didn't read through the thread...but as long as falcon can't recover properly, he can't preform as well as other. I suppose that a lot of falcon mains acknowledge this but love the challenge that comes with getting that knee in. If anyone's played brawl minus, falcon had a hitbox in his recovery...and I don't think it would be a bad idea to implement it in pm. I'm not a falcon main but some of you purists might want falcon to remain the same? I don't know what you guys think. lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so my falcon in friendlies is awesome

but it ****ing sucks in tourney

how fix

Yung Mei

fox is my secondary though

and its the same issue

so i just use tink

;w;

thespymachine

Smash Ace

how fix

Work on your Appraisal, and mix stuff up.

People think way harder in tourney/hard-mode, but it's good to test shenanigans in friendlies. Mess around with moonwalk/mobility mixups, those help with Falcon a lot.

Or, don't get it. lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero

how fix
What exactly is changing when you are playing tournament matches? Are you unable to start combos as consistently or is it more of you are getting combo'd/edgegaurded more frequently? Everything basically stems from your neutral game so if I knew what exactly was happening I could give specific advice.

Falcon nair feels fine in PM, don't know what everyone is talking about lol.

Yung Mei

i feel like i should note, that uthrow, full hop stomp, falling FHnAir is a great combo

and i seriously have no clue what my issue is, i got ****ed up by this fox at GC in tournament but then in friendlies i was whooping *** :V

Oro?!

Smash Hero
In tournament good players will exploit holes in your game harder and try to be more elusive thus getting opened up less. If you want a write up of the matchup I could do that, but it is a Melee matchup and I'm not 100% sure if every nuance carries over from Melee. If it is an identical matchup like it should be, then your best bet is probably the melee Falcon boards.

Yung Mei

like, honestly its not even a matchup issue, its a universal thing for me :\

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is changing when you are playing tournament matches? Are you unable to start combos as consistently or is it more of you are getting combo'd/edgegaurded more frequently? Everything basically stems from your neutral game so if I knew what exactly was happening I could give specific advice.

Falcon nair feels fine in PM, don't know what everyone is talking about lol.
Yeah his seem legit when i played you.

:phone:

Yung Mei

i meant universal matchups - doesnt matter what character i play against, its like tournament nerves get the best of me and i play like ***

Top Bottom