• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Social Thread

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I was wondering if any of the other falcons liked using reverse bair as a combo tool. It's less laggy than uair, combos just as well, and looks pretty slick. Any up-throw/stomp/raptor boost means a free bair, which means knee.
Any thoughts on falcon's most slept-on aerial?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uair is quicker, and will overall be better to use since at lower % you need to flow quickly between attacks/grab setup into attack. Many characters come close to the verge of "breaking" out with their own Nairs during these situations, and trying to land a reverse Bair will legitimately allow some characters or %'s to break out of hitstun and jump/counter with a choice.

If someone is in front of you, and you are trying to hit with the inside portion of Bair, so that they keep flying in front of you, you would probably have more success with the standard Uair or Knee. Weak Bair can punish poor DI better than Uair on occasion (since people tend to not fly as far from Weak Bairs), but if you have enough time to consistently accomplish weak reverse Bairs, you probably have enough time to regrab, Fair, stomp, or almost any other option that might work better in the end.

If you want an affinity for Bair, I'd probably suggest RAR or shield crossup attempts with the move, not trying to use it as a staple filler in combos

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I just booted up melee for the first time in ages and noticed how accurate my dashdancing is in that game with falcon, I just cant seem to get the same results in PM, any advice?
Well, for starters, are you playing both Melee and PM on a CRT?

Ok, I was wondering if any of the other falcons liked using reverse bair as a combo tool. It's less laggy than uair, combos just as well, and looks pretty slick. Any up-throw/stomp/raptor boost means a free bair, which means knee.
Any thoughts on falcon's most slept-on aerial?
I'm a resident 64 player who mains Falcon in both 64 and PM. That being said, reverse bair has followed me from game-to-game. The problem with reverse bair is that uair is the better option 90% of the time. (Wow, DMG, you just be me to it... dang. That's what I get for checking frame data)
Anyways, uair is usually the better option since the first hitbox comes out on frame 6 as opposed to bair's frame 10.

Last edited:

eskimoparade

Smash Apprentice
Yes both on CRT, which is annoying because noone else around here seems to stick to CRTs.

anyway i think i found my problem, brawl/pm doesnt require you to go as far to start a dash, so if i you dont use much force its easy to just not get the same control because you are dashing before your stick "clicks" rather than when it does. I just sped up my actual motion and I seem to be doing well now,

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
You can typically do something more optimal whenever you land a reverse bair, but they look really cool so I try to do them anyways

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I think that reverse bair could be used close to the ground on an aerial opponent so that you can follow up with a grab, jab, or maybe even a d-tilt.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Typically weak hit reverse bair doesn't have enough hitstun so you can DJ footstool -> stomp or FF single hit Nair if you're near the ground -> grab/jab -> lolI'mfalconbishes.

eskimoparade

Smash Apprentice
Ive found out that i almost never crouch cancel as falcon, because im all about running around and getting out of the bad CQ situations. Im trying to work it into my play among other things but i get beat out alot as his grab is easily spaced and dtilt is slow as hell.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falcon CC is decently useful vs Nair happy Fox players, can generally CC at low % and grab them for their foolishness.

Top Bottom