• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Crew for Genesis!!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I would also say Falsefalco > Cowear

Originally Posted by Flan View Post
1. RaynEX
2. KirbyKaze
3. Unknown522
4. Vwins
5. Bam
6. Kage
7. PKM
8. Blunted_Object10
9. xXx_Noobking_xXx
10. Europhoria

Subs:
1. FalseFalco
2. I.B

That would be my Canadian dream team. Plenty of Quebec, Ontario, and Top West Coast representation there.
Seems like a decent list but I would say that I go on par with Blunted_Object10, Falsefalco, ManLi, Dieslow and still better then Noobking and CowEar.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we can solidly solve the issue of who will be on the team yet. Kage, Vwins, Bam, PKM, Unknown522, Raynex, and KirbyKaze have to be on the list for sure. The rest of the spots are open to debate and many great players could fill the spots. Either we will have to get both coasts to met at a tournament sometime soon, or we will have to just determine this stuff at Genesis.

Who would be the top 3 players on the West Coast? If we can get those 3 and possibly put them in the team, then I doubt most people will be unsatisfied plus both coast will be represented.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I think IMO the top 3 players in the west that ARE going are
Me, Blunted_Object10 and FalseFalco

Kage
Vwins
Bam
PKM
Unknown522
Raynex
KirbyKaze
Blunted_Object10
FalseFalco
Hitsugaya

Subs:
Noobking
Europhoria?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I think IMO the top 3 players in the west that ARE going are
Me, Blunted_Object10 and FalseFalco

Kage
Vwins
Bam
PKM
Unknown522
Raynex
KirbyKaze
Blunted_Object10
FalseFalco
Hitsugaya

Subs:
Noobking
Europhoria?
Sexy? Canada will be fine in crews.

Daltsy could easily be on the list. He's been rising in ranks and played more OOS than anyone WC since Dec and he's ****** more and more by the day. By the time Genesis rolls around, he'll be top for sure. I guess Tourneyplay could be the final test.
After all, he beat you and carl last tourney. Next it'll be BO10 and Eggz on the 'got *****' list. ;)
hahaha

Seriously though, if Manuel, Eric and Carl all go to Genesis, they could very well be a few of the most valuable in the crew. Adam, John and maybe even Tim could too but **** there are so many good choices and EC ***** so hard.

I think those are the only 6 even recomendable from WC
And I think all 6 are going (you ARE going...right John and Manuel?)

Blunted_Object
FalseFalco
Diakonos
Hitsugaya
NoobkingADAM
Daltsy

Nobody else, take your picks from that when Genesis is here.

Whoever is on their game at the time, whoever actually comes to the tourney and whoever balances the characters and has the right chemistry all change so wait till then to make the decision. :p

idea

Smash Master
Euro posting:

How did Hitsugaya get on the crew again? Didn't he just come out of retirement and place like trash at Tri-Smash?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
whoa did not expect pictures of myself to be on smashboards ever
and you picked the wrong one manuel

lol anyway I'd prefer if there was less hype about falsefalco choke and more hype about how well canada is going to do. I want to play toronto pretty bad, but not $600 plane ticket bad :(

also sanuzi MM $50

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Its just one bad tournament. If your basing everything all on one tournament result then thats kinda stupid. If thats it then Carl must suck too?
And no I did not just come out of retirement. I have been playing this whole time but for fun until now. The previous tourneys we had here for the last few months I have been placing top 3 the whole time.

Also I am just posting my opinion on what the crews should be like.

Yes I am going unless Daltsy and the others decide not to go because they are my ride down there.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, with all the load of discussion and the amount of players from Canada probably going to Genesis, why waste making one great Canadian team when we can have two equally great Canadian team. East Coast and West Coast/Central. That way East Coast can make its choice on its top players and West Coast can also their own choice.

Other than that, we either have to have both coast meet or wait for Genesis. This discussion is now just somewhat of an agrument on which coast has better player more worth while of the team. Its kind of stupid.

dieslow

Smash Ace
IMO the best way to solve this is to meet at Genesis and have everyone play each other.

btw i plan on going to this and would definitely pick myself and blunted_object to be on this crew.

should we all PLAY/MM for the spots?

from what i collected:

DEFINITE PICKS:
Vwins
Bam
Raynex
Kage

and the 6 spots left should be played for? does that seem good to everyone?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
This is all assuming Bam goes and doesn't choke like usual lol. Kirbykaze also has shown disinterest in this.

Unknown522 would be on for sure though.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Oh Hitsu, sorry didn't respond. WC will clearly need to play us to decide.
But I'm going on the vids from tri-smash + Eric's impressions of your skill levels. Generally, (using GFs as my base point) you guys are obviously ok... but the 1 thing that sticks out is terrible terrible edge guarding.

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea judging from vids i've seen i'd say KirbyKAZE + unknown522 are good contenders for the crew, but vids arent good to judge from when used without playing the person.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I didnt have any vids from tri-smash and I think I played Eric (Your talking about worldjem right?) with Ganon. I dont think its fair enough to judge my skill level just on that.

But when the time comes im sure everyone will be playing everyone to determine who is on the crew.
Theres just a lot of players to choose from.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I dunno but he looks like a super nerd in that picture if that's him <_<

Also japan lurves teh whiteman discostick

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Oh, I noticed... but I also thought it was childish and pathetic :laugh:

:p
Raynex, if I start killing anyone, hold me back.

FIRST, I think too many distinctions are being made between "coasts". I know Kage is a great player and a cool guy, so I don't care if he lives in Quebec or if he lives in Sasquatchtown. I don't want to hear "so and so from WC and so and so from EC". We want to put in a great Canada team, and that takes priority. If that is NOT your interest, please gtfo of this thread ("f" stands for fudge).

NEXT, if you have any personal issues with someone, give them a private message. I mean, if you don't think Carl is sexy, I first suggest an optometrist, but even so, let's just keep our wrong opinions to ourselves. I notice that none of the top players (and I'm not including myself in this) seem to have the tendency to talk trash about players who they know are not as good as them. I give the examples of Raynex, Kage, and Bluntedobject.

THIRD, it is foolish to judge skill by vids alone or by a mercenary sent here to see how good we are. Eg, apparently we have bad edgeguarding, but somehow the fellow kept losing to my link. Do I really want to say that? No, but it's just as ridiculous to bring something like that up as it is to make such a generalization. I don't want to hear "advocates" of either crew. I only say what I do because quite obviously EC hasn't really played Bluntedobject, Dieslow, Hitsugaya, or me recently. Why don't you ask Kage, who has a bit? Or maybe Eggz, who also has? You don't see Raynex going LOLOLOL TORONTO IS SOOO GOOD YOU GUYS SUCK. You don't see anyone here downplaying EC's talent pool, either. "generally, you guys are okay..." LOL.

===============

My impressions. I agree that

-Kage
-Vwins
-Bam
-Raynex

should definitely be on.

I would suggest to you that the remaining 6 come from a pool of:
Unknown522, Falsefalco, KirbyKaze, Dieslow, PKM, Bluntedobject, Euphoria, Hitsugaya, noobking and myself, if I go.

Discussion?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Manuel Presents TRASHTALK: An EC combo video

Sorry but there is no way wc brawl players are even close to ec ones.
We like, actually have a thriving competitive community for the game, while for the wc its a joke.
Its no contest.
Nate, I keep forgetting about you because you're WC lol. You'd def be in the crew.

As for Melee...

KAGE
RAYNEX
VWINS
BAM
WC PPLZ
MORE EC PPLZ
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE
EC all DAI!
The same can be said for you guys then, you're underestimating EC, haha. It's not like everyone I listed will show up anyways. Regardless, I was just trying to sell the idea of two separate crews but it looks like I hit a nerve :laugh:

In summary: I won't underestimate your players until we send them home with some major butthurt. Until then, no assumptions can be made!
XFD, did you not see the results for FFYF2?
Sanuzi's list basically as the starters team and blunted as the back up. We could use a Falco I guess. Unless Sanuzi goes beast mode and takes that spot, then yeah lol.

We can even rename the crew to "East Coast Canada"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh jeez, you're citing 2 year old tournaments but you're not even saying "I beat these players who did well at these ancient huge tournaments".
Time for some 1337 WC logic. Lambchops got 9th at FCD 2 years ago. I knocked him out of pools in Georgia 1 year ago. Therefore I got 9th or better at FCD. It doesn't matter how well you do in friendlies or in matches that happened ages ago >_>

The problem with knowing our crew at Genesis is how uncertain Unknown522, RaynEX and some others are to show up. I haven't heard anything from Quebec either. No one's sure if they're going (I suppose I'm not 100% either).

I am curious to play BO10 at Starfurry though >_> but not really excited (run *pew pew* run *pew pew* run away more) I'm sure he's not terrible. But I really don't think he's top 5 in Canada. Probably top 10 I guess.

As far as I know, but then again I'm sure I could be very wrong about that. I'm not a very credible source.
Not bad matches. I took the liberty of watching most of the final matches of the West Coast Tournament. I would say that we should consider Blunted_Object10, Cowear, and ManLi > Falsefalco and Noobking. But this is just my opinion. You guys might have better opinions.
Not to intrude, but he's definitely not the prettiest in Canada :p
I dunno but he looks like a super nerd in that picture if that's him <_<

Also japan lurves teh whiteman discostick

dont be such a jerk sanuzi I'm pretty sure that Carl is still one of the best WC player and deserve a place on the crew battle if he comes.
Why are people who haven't played anyone from WC Canada in ****ing eons talking ****? lol
you dont know ****, dont be cocky ***s like EC USA.
This message made possible by testosterone.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
What seems smart:
- get a good pool of people to start off with like you guys have been doing
- select from that pool by doing matches near the beginning of Genesis + matchups you need done
- and for the love of god do not split into wc/ec or some BS. The entire population of Canada is equal to the population of California. Let's not cripple ourselves.

Also, as I mentioned to worldjem last weekend, the population of BC = population of Toronto so it's understandable that there will be more EC players. They just have a larger pool to draw from with all of Ontario and Quebec.

Altantic / prairie provinces represent? :( These are always BC, AB, ON, QC.

STAND UNITED CANADA!
Do us at home proud <3

Sanu

Smash Champion
Not to intrude, but he's definitely not the prettiest in Canada :p

Raynex, if I start killing anyone, hold me back.

Blah blah blah.
Umm, what I said had nothing to do with WC/EC skill or trash talk in any way <_<.... I just made a playful and seemingly harmless comment in response to the sexiest smasher in Canada bit and SOME PEOPLE took it a bit too far XD.

I think your party switch is in the off position!! :p

Diakonos

Smash Lord
It would be more effective if all your quotes made sense.

Flan, for one, doesn't sound like trash talk.
Kirbykaze, I was just kidding around, gee whiz! The first flan quote only makes sense in light of the second. I would have quoted you, except everything you said was either legit or depressing. :) I hope you don't feel left out.
Umm, what I said had nothing to do with WC/EC skill or trash talk in any way <_<.... I just made a playful and seemingly harmless comment in response to the sexiest smasher in Canada bit and SOME PEOPLE took it a bit too far XD.

I think your party switch is in the off position!! :p
Sanuzi I think the problem is that online communication is limited, and self-expression such as yours can be grossly misrepresented through these pixels. I think, then, that if we want to retain any kind of united front, we ought to be careful with our words, myself included. Perhaps it's the historical lens I'm viewing it through, but this thread is splattered with an air of superiority which isn't much appreciated on my side. I'm sorry you didn't like my combo =/.

But do you have any response to my more serious post -- up there?

What seems smart:
- get a good pool of people to start off with like you guys have been doing
- select from that pool by doing matches near the beginning of Genesis + matchups you need done
- and for the love of god do not split into wc/ec or some BS. The entire population of Canada is equal to the population of California. Let's not cripple ourselves.

Also, as I mentioned to worldjem last weekend, the population of BC = population of Toronto so it's understandable that there will be more EC players. They just have a larger pool to draw from with all of Ontario and Quebec.

Altantic / prairie provinces represent? :( These are always BC, AB, ON, QC.

STAND UNITED CANADA!
Do us at home proud <3
Sasquatchtown doesn't really have any players that consider themselves greatly competitive. I'm not even sure who's going to Genesis from Sasquatchtown. I haven't heard of very competitive communities in other provinces who've produced noteworthy performance in tournaments (to my knowledge).

Flan

Smash Journeyman
lol I think he just randomly bolded some lines from a couple of posts I made. But it is true that my opinions are very limited to videos and one tournament. I like how in the second post, he didn't bold the part where I said "just my opinion". lol

<3 Canada and <3 KirbyKaze

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirbykaze, I was just kidding around, gee whiz! The first flan quote only makes sense in light of the second. I would have quoted you, except everything you said was either legit or depressing. :) I hope you don't feel left out.
My cynicism permeates your simple quote collage.

Feel my wrath.

edit: I would like to MM everyone on WC for various amounts of money at Genesis, if I manage to go. Not because I think I'd win or anything, but mostly because I think it would be fun. However, this will be interpreted at trashtalk so lol. Go go Gadget Internet Miscommunication Device. Also, testosterone.

Also, Bernie, I'm taking you down next time.

Sanu

Smash Champion
NEXT, if you have any personal issues with someone, give them a private message. I mean, if you don't think Carl is sexy, I first suggest an optometrist, but even so, let's just keep our wrong opinions to ourselves. I notice that none of the top players (and I'm not including myself in this) seem to have the tendency to talk trash about players who they know are not as good as them. I give the examples of Raynex, Kage, and Bluntedobject.
In response to your "serious" post, I could say the same of you then :laugh:. Anybody can object to someone's claim of sexiest in Canada if they at most make such a biased and opinionated statement. Once again, I simply made that initial comment just for funsies anyways, similar to how you made the sexiest smasher comment in that same light; there was no EC/WC trash talk in that post at all XD.

Blowing quotes out of proportion to fit your persecution complex much?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I'm the sexiest smasher in Canada.

How many people here have at least a few 18 to 26 year old college babes wanting to **** them almost every weekend through every summer?

Being a rockstar is pretty cool and being one of the sexiest in general helps too. ;D

Eggz

Smash Hero
kage will get a chance to play all the WC canadians next month, so we can use him as an accurate judge of skill having played both sides.

until then, pointless discussion should come to a halt.

if i dont make the wc crew cuz i didnt perform some amazing feat at a californian tournament, could i play for canada? i live north enough and frequent canadaland enough imo

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Sanuzi, no need to make any personal attacks, bro. I feel badly that you didn't share my humour, but I didn't make any judgment on your persona, just on a few things said earlier that I found amusing. My apologies if you felt insulted. If I ever need any psychoanalysis, I'll know where to go, though.

Kirbykaze, if I go I'll mm you :D although I'm sure EC sheiks ****. Only Hitsugaya and Dieslow really know how to play Sheik here. Cynicism erodes the soul and etches away at one's humanity. Realism doesn't necessarily coincide with it.

Eggz, when is Kage coming?!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Whenever I see Eggz AND Kage in the same general area...it reminds me that I still have the full set between you 2 at CAST4 on my computer...still unuploaded >_> <_< >_>

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
]: man I always miss the trash talk.

Why won't anyone call me out for a ****ing mm?! ]:

Interms of sexiness. Me > Canadian Smashers

Runawayfire

Smash Lord

Sasquatchtown doesn't really have any players that consider themselves greatly competitive.
Hey, while I'm not exactly originally from sask, I reside their for university and I'm incredibly competitive.

Also my quote about brawl completely still stands, in that its completely absolutely legit.

Just saying, anyways carry on gentlemen!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Alright, so I saw the trismash results, and I saw that they updated the brawl section.

Now, I know I said that the melee crews should be EC dominated and we've had our doubts about that. But ffs, I think it is SAFE to SAY that wc brawl is absolute ****ing garbage with the exception of Koski and Superboom. I don't care how bad you were playing, when you lose to eric who does not play brawl and levels around say... not making it out of pools at tournaments your region is ****ing balls.

ECC crew!!

That is if they do Brawl crews, which would be cool if they have time.

Edit: lmao I think Worldjem > Clouderz is the best thing since Aarosmashguy > Scar

Top Bottom