• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Crew for Genesis!!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
well, hopefully blunted object actually goes to starfurry 4, so he can show you all what west coast is capable of

also, worldjem is coming to my tournament next month, so he'll get to play us too

Know what's a funny coincidence though? both players are named Eric, lol
Yeah rofl. I hope 3rix makes top 5, rofl that'd be a good larf, narf. But, I hope you realize that his skill level is among the mid/bottom area of our community atm. I wouldn't hold him (I hope you're not) as some sort of representative of GTA's high level of play lol.

Go Eric! Avenge yourself for that loss you had in that ****ty, incredibly terrible Brawl EB tournament. Where you lost to some *** from Vancouver lmaoooo.

P.S - If this was not mentioned before EC's experience vs America is tenfold compared to WC. We are going to the American metagame, so this list should include all of our best with the most experienced smashers vs the americans. This isn't Kindergarten, we're not trying to make everyone have a turn, this **** is business.

Sanu

Smash Champion
P.S - If this was not mentioned before EC's experience vs America is tenfold compared to WC. We are going to the American metagame, so this list should include all of our best with the most experienced smashers vs the americans. This isn't Kindergarten, we're not trying to make everyone have a turn, this **** is business.
Silent Wolf/Eggz/DJC/others play against WC all the time <_<

unknown522

Some guy
since we have 2 alts, I picked 12 people:

EC:
Bam
Vwins
PKM
Kage
Chester

Raynex
Me (assuming I go)
Kirbykaze (assuming he goes)
Europhoria
IB (assuming he goes)

WC:
false falco
BO10

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
since we have 2 alts, I picked 12 people:

EC:
Bam
Vwins
PKM
Kage
Chester

Raynex
Me (assuming I go)
Kirbykaze (assuming he goes)
Europhoria
IB (assuming he goes)

WC:
false falco
BO10

All of those EC players go match for match with Bam and Kage etc?!?!
That's a lot of skillzzz

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
At the last Quebec tournament, Unknown beat Kage and Vwins, and Kirbykaze beat Vwins as well. At the last Starfurry, I also beat Kage. The matches between all of us are close though.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
At the last Quebec tournament, Unknown beat Kage and Vwins, and Kirbykaze beat Vwins as well. At the last Starfurry, I also beat Kage. The matches between all of us are close though.
Sweeeeet...in other words Canada's looking pretty good for Crews at Genesis? :psycho:

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering how people are heading to Genesis. I talked to Niko at Prepare Yourself, but it was kinda vague on what was going on. I would like to go as well, and if there's enough room, I would like to be considered for crews for Brawl. No offense taken if I'm not needed, but it's just an idea.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sanuzi's list basically as the starters team and blunted as the back up. We could use a Falco I guess. Unless Sanuzi goes beast mode and takes that spot, then yeah lol.

We can even rename the crew to "East Coast Canada"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
definetly some misunderstandings and conflict going on here with creating a team of the top canadian players...

First of all, do we even know the cap for the number of players on a crew? has that been specified?

2nd of all... Eric (blunted_object10) is without a shadow of a doubt in the top 5 for best in Canada, but i'm not here to defend WC's spot(s) in the crew battle at GENESIS...

In regards to playing OOS more I think I've played with Ka/eggz/silentwolf/dj combo on dozens of occasions over the past 2 years and several times with former skypal members kei, sastopher, blair, etc. etc. not to mention 2 big tournaments in cali... but ya... ur not really in the know for what we've done in terms of smash out here... being biased is just dumb :/

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
definetly some misunderstandings and conflict going on here with creating a team of the top canadian players...

First of all, do we even know the cap for the number of players on a crew? has that been specified?

2nd of all... Eric (blunted_object10) is without a shadow of a doubt in the top 5 for best in Canada, but i'm not here to defend WC's spot(s) in the crew battle at GENESIS...

In regards to playing OOS more I think I've played with Ka/eggz/silentwolf/dj combo on dozens of occasions over the past 2 years and several times with former skypal members kei, sastopher, blair, etc. etc. not to mention 2 big tournaments in cali... but ya... ur not really in the know for what we've done in terms of smash out here... being biased is just dumb :/
lol I'm not stupid either, I know you've gone to large scale tournaments like OC3, TheDanII and other ****, but ask yourself, how long ago was that? Things have changed lol, the metagame has shifted quite a bit since then, while along with that, the general skill level of players has gone up since then (atleast I've noticed this) so tbh, your experience is something, but imo due to the activity the GTAers have had with going to large scale tournaments (Pound 3, Event 52, That ****ing Georgia tournament, Mass Madness 14 and Revival of Melee) keeping up with different regions along with it (tristate, md/va, mainehampshire, south, midwest and a tiny bit of west coast) whereas you guys play with like what? 4-5 americans who don't really travel too much themselves to higher scaled tournaments and you expect us NOT to put a bias on ourselves because of this? :laugh: we're trying to win here, and represent the best of Canada. Not to hold hands and have everyone play like this is some ***** peewee softball team.

Inregards to your first comment, I would say imo I highly disagree "Top 5" would fit his position, that's just me. I think he's good, but I think ECC has atleast 5 that are better than him, atleast. But we'll see and you do have a point about the team count, but in all honesty, I think they'd follow the traditional 40 stock vs 40 stock and 10 representatives with 2 substitutes.

that's been covered already adam lololol
bend over and I'll show you "already covered"

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
KA travels and got i think 7th at FCD, eggz got like 13th? they beat most of the players on the east, I have close games with them all the time. I don't want to list tonnes of examples but ur argument is flawed. I'm aware of what's been going on in the scene, i read up on tournament results all the time and I'm aware that EC has alot of great talent.

I want more than anything for Canada to win crews. I have so much regional and national pride at smash tournaments its ****ing rediculous.

I sincerely hope that we don't have so much trouble workings things out online that we throw something together at the last second. I was hoping we could work together and create the best team possible, we need more input from other people. We need to get everyone involved.

-Noobking

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Oh jeez, you're citing 2 year old tournaments but you're not even saying "I beat these players who did well at these ancient huge tournaments".
Time for some 1337 WC logic. Lambchops got 9th at FCD 2 years ago. I knocked him out of pools in Georgia 1 year ago. Therefore I got 9th or better at FCD. It doesn't matter how well you do in friendlies or in matches that happened ages ago >_>

The problem with knowing our crew at Genesis is how uncertain Unknown522, RaynEX and some others are to show up. I haven't heard anything from Quebec either. No one's sure if they're going (I suppose I'm not 100% either).

I am curious to play BO10 at Starfurry though >_> but not really excited (run *pew pew* run *pew pew* run away more) I'm sure he's not terrible. But I really don't think he's top 5 in Canada. Probably top 10 I guess.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If there's an abundance of players, divide WC and EC.

civil war *****.
hahahaha
rather not.
4CND is my freakin tag man, ALL of Canada. NO JOHNS!

The problem with knowing our crew at Genesis is how uncertain Unknown522, RaynEX and some others are to show up.

I am curious to play BO10 at Starfurry though >_> but not really excited (run *pew pew* run *pew pew* run away more) I'm sure he's not terrible. But I really don't think he's top 5 in Canada. Probably top 10 I guess.
Who shows up is of course really important. Nothing can really be done until we're there anyway. :\

Isn't CAST4 the only recent meeting between the coasts? BO10 didn't go, but he's quite a bit better than anyone that showed up there from WC (and EC at the time, assuming that Kage, Bam and PKM are much better now then they were then). Gotta have a bunch of Canadian warm up friendlies before the tourney? lol

Things have changed lol, the metagame has shifted quite a bit since then, while along with that, the general skill level of players has gone up since then (atleast I've noticed this)

I think they'd follow the traditional 40 stock vs 40 stock and 10 representatives with 2 substitutes.
Are you confused? The metagame has grown since January tournaments and the skill level rises constantly, as well as individual players. And well duh everyone wants the best Canada has, that's why there SHOULD BE many more EC than WC.

Where have you been? This has been covered already. You just make yourself sound stupid then say you're not stupid like, every post you make. Stop doing that. XD

10 reps with 2 subs is what's on the OP and it's traditional so that's what the objective is until otherwise noted. Back to starfurry. GOGOGOGOG

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I think its obvious WC gonna be biased with WC players and EC with EC players.
I would say the people who can say "Player A is better then Player B" are the ones that have played both.
Kage/Bam/PKM can state how good some of the WC players are seeing as how they somewhat recently played a few WC players.

And I agree with EC about theres no point in bringing up tourneys a million years ago like OC2/TheDan2 etc.

As for the whole crew thing goes. I think its best to first find out who will/might be going and then go from there. Plus having people like Vwins/Bam/Kage in on the conversation. (Are they going?)

Im very interested to see what a Canadian crew would look like and how well it will do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
that's been covered already adam lololol
I'm not Adam.

This thread should not exist. It is useless. CAST4 was a while ago, for those who don't know, we're all working on getting better right now so your perceptions of our skill level is probably off. Similarly, so is ours of you. So this thread is pointless. It can serve no use.

People in this thread - Play at Genesis. If we have an abundance of people, I'd almost suggest just having 2 separate crews if people are going to get into emo-b*tchfests about it.

Now addressing specific things:

Dynamism? - Bam won the tournament, 3-0ing your best player there. I don't know how much better Blunted_Object10 is, but Bam beat Carl pretty convincingly. You're also, in that claim, stating that Blunted's game against at least 3 of Bam's characters would be more proficient than Silent Wolf's, who consistently makes it into bracket at the major tournaments he enters, and even procured a game from Mew2King at Pound 3. That's a pretty big hype to follow, and traditionally the follow through is poor on such epic regional bias hype. But that may not be the case, so I will concede you may be right. However, again, this simply supports my dissertation that this thread serves no purpose other than a mutual-jack-off for each coast to stroke their e-peens on how their best players > the other coast's best players, and it's basically spam.

TyrantWolf - We have a drop below Eric. It exists, you can't ignore it. Speaking purely from results, with no personal bias, Eric does better than a good chunk of our community, although I'm not sure it's for the right reasons so don't ask what I mean when I say that.

On that note, we're going to get ***** regardless, so it doesn't really matter who's representing (by representing, I mean being viciously anally *****) Canada!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well I made this thread, so people are aware of what's going on in the crew battles at Genesis.. and I was wondering what people were thinking as to who would represent in this crew battle as well as strategies for crew battles...

I'm sure this thread will be put to better use later. :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'm not Adam.

Just quoted you because you covered what Adam said, (noobking) so just nvm that lol

Bam won the tournament, 3-0ing your best player there. I don't know how much better Blunted_Object10 is, but Bam beat Carl pretty convincingly.

Carl lost to tony here (who wasn't at CAST4) in Jan, and Eric > Tony. But everything changes so fast that it doesn't even matter

You're also, in that claim, stating that Blunted's game against at least 3 of Bam's characters would be more proficient than Silent Wolf's, who consistently makes it into bracket at the major tournaments he enters, and even procured a game from Mew2King at Pound 3.

100% Yes, he would do better than SW lol. Pound 3 is ancient too ;P

That's a pretty big hype to follow, and traditionally the follow through is poor on such epic regional bias hype. But that may not be the case, so I will concede you may be right.

Genesis needs hype, nothing else. :D

However, again, this simply supports my dissertation that this thread serves no purpose other than a mutual-jack-off for each coast to stroke their e-peens on how their best players > the other coast's best players, and it's basically spam.

Think of it this way...

EC will be the main rep for Canada and would stand a decent chance against some groups elsewhere. Who from WC can make EC have even more chance?

On that note, we're going to get ***** regardless
>< 4CND

Well I made this thread, so people are aware of what's going on in the crew battles at Genesis.. and I was wondering what people were thinking as to who would represent in this crew battle as well as strategies for crew battles...

I'm sure this thread will be put to better use later. :)
It's just a little early, buuuuuuuut

Who IS going and all that crap can still be decided in the next month or so. :)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm not Adam.

This thread should not exist. It is useless. CAST4 was a while ago, for those who don't know, we're all working on getting better right now so your perceptions of our skill level is probably off. Similarly, so is ours of you. So this thread is pointless. It can serve no use.

However, again, this simply supports my dissertation that this thread serves no purpose other than a mutual-jack-off for each coast to stroke their e-peens on how their best players > the other coast's best players, and it's basically spam.

On that note, we're going to get ***** regardless, so it doesn't really matter who's representing (by representing, I mean being viciously anally *****) Canada!
I don't care much for the drama or about who is on the crew. I just want the final list to be one we can all agree on and be proud of. All of us want the best players from our country repping us. (this has been said before, I know)

Anyways:

I think its better to have light discussion about we who think deserves to on the Canada crew, as opposed to not having any discussion about it at all. David you're being really stupid. You're saying that at Genesis, the biggest smash tournament in the history of the world, we shouldn't at least discuss who represents our entire country in a battle vs. other regions/countries? Bull****. I don't care if we haven't played WC, or if they haven't played us. We can still come to logically sound, reasonable conclusions on crew participants if we all just put our heads together. This thread is vital for our crew's success, and more importantly, its conception. :laugh:

We aren't going to get *****. Stop being so ****ing emo. We can do well and you know it.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
1. RaynEX
2. KirbyKaze
3. Unknown522
4. Vwins
5. Bam
6. Kage
7. PKM
8. Blunted_Object10
9. xXx_Noobking_xXx
10. Europhoria

Subs:
1. FalseFalco
2. I.B

That would be my Canadian dream team. Plenty of Quebec, Ontario, and Top West Coast representation there.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
1. RaynEX
2. KirbyKaze
3. Unknown522
4. Vwins
5. Bam
6. Kage
7. PKM
8. Blunted_Object10
9. xXx_Noobking_xXx
10. Europhoria

Subs:
1. FalseFalco
2. I.B

That would be my Canadian dream team. Plenty of Quebec, Ontario, and Top West Coast representation there.
From what I hear, Carl (False) is better than Noobking. I also believe I.B. could take him. Regardless, Noobking has more experience vs. the states in general, and I don't think I.B. would be going anyways. All in all, I'd say sub noobking for Carl and that would a pretty cool list.

WC what do you think? Anyone you think should be added/subbed?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
From what I hear, Carl (False) is better than Noobking. I also believe I.B. could take him. Regardless, Noobking has more experience vs. the states in general, and I don't think I.B. would be going anyways. All in all, I'd say sub noobking for Carl and that would a pretty cool list.

WC what do you think? Anyone you think should be added/subbed?

hmm looks almost.. perfect.. hmm Still have yet to play EC again! (Which I hope to before Genesis...)

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Because IB is unlikely to go :( We add Reggie. =D
Put Carl or Reggie on the main crew before Noobking IMO. Also, by WC PR it seems they have a few players above Noobking.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hmm looks almost.. perfect.. hmm Still have yet to play EC again! (Which I hope to before Genesis...)
I like it too

....Do you know if manli or tony are coming? I heard you browniez might fly to give tony a cheaper trip. And you think Sion or Daltsy would be at that level by then? They're already pretty freakin close to it. (btw EC, the PR isn't that accurate and kind of just thrown on cause peeps wanted an update)
I guess over the next couple months we'll see at TS3 and tourneyplay at least. :\
Especially when I win both of those tourneys ;)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Why are people who haven't played anyone from WC Canada in ****ing eons talking ****? lol
you dont know ****, dont be cocky ***s like EC USA.

Vwins

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I'll go to genesis since I have plenty of money so you can confirm me on the crew battle. But for the rest of the crew, I'm not going to enter the discussion until I know who is 100% confirm for Genesis until then train hard and be ready to kick some *** :).

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I think the best way to decide this is just to get more East Coasters over to the West Coast or vice versa. This way, we might be able to determine where both sides stand at skill level. Maybe then can we can and ultimate crew >_>

Also, my list is changable at any point. I made it quickly based off what players have posted discussion in this thread. If Carl is better than Noobking, then put him in the crew.

Sanu

Smash Champion
dont be such a jerk sanuzi I'm pretty sure that Carl is still one of the best WC player and deserve a place on the crew battle if he comes.
I thought it was an obvious joke... hence the "lolololol" directly afterwards <_<; But I made that part invisible, whups!

I'm never serious when I post XD

Sanu

Smash Champion
Who are you? This time I'm being serious <_<

Also, don't expect a ride or "spot" to this because it would be a near 3-4 day trip via car IIRC

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I don't care much for the drama or about who is on the crew. I just want the final list to be one we can all agree on and be proud of. All of us want the best players from our country repping us. (this has been said before, I know)

Anyways:

I think its better to have light discussion about we who think deserves to on the Canada crew, as opposed to not having any discussion about it at all. David you're being really stupid. You're saying that at Genesis, the biggest smash tournament in the history of the world, we shouldn't at least discuss who represents our entire country in a battle vs. other regions/countries? Bull****. I don't care if we haven't played WC, or if they haven't played us. We can still come to logically sound, reasonable conclusions on crew participants if we all just put our heads together. This thread is vital for our crew's success, and more importantly, its conception. :laugh:

We aren't going to get *****. Stop being so ****ing emo. We can do well and you know it.
First of all, I'm glad someone else is finally going about this the way i've wanted to. thankyou raynex.

2nd of all... I would like to defend myself and i would throw down against several people on that list for a spot. = )
The list is pretty good... I'm just not sure about some of these newer EC names I don't know as much about as say Vwins, bam, kage, pkm, chester, raynex...

I have come to the conclusion of... I might go to genesis.
Still wondering if I have enough to support myself after paying for the trip and such.
That would be so tite... if eric doesn't come, we're teaming.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Vwins, Bam, Kage, and PKM are all legit. They have placed very well at recent Melee tournaments. Raynex, Kirbykaze, and Unknown522 are also very legit. At the last Quebec tournament, they placed all in Top 3.

Top Bottom