• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you Lucid Dream?

Grandeza

Smash Master
I've had 2 or 3. One where I was attacked by this awful giant spider thing where I realized it was a dream and made myself wake up. And one or two other various ones. Not consistent or anything.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I've had a few, only 2 of which I could control properly.

One was where I was in school and a teacher said something that they would never say.This triggered something in my head that said "hang on this is a dream!"

I stared laughing manically and ran around flipping tables and kicking teachers screaming "I'm dreaming, I can't get in trouble for this!"

The 2nd one was where I was sitting in my TV room I keep my guitar in,I looked up to grab my guitar and it was a completely different guitar.From that I realised I was dreaming.

I straight away said "Yeah I'm gonna fly" flew through my window which was like some sort of permeable liquid glass, it felt like flying through jelly.

I flew straight into the centre of Dublin and laser blasted 2 buildings, I then decidd I wanted to go to space so flew out of the atmosphere and stopped above earth.I looked down on earth and stared crying because I knew it was fake and that I would wake up without powers.

Then I stared plummeting back towards earth and woke up as I passed through the atmosphere.

I actually haven't had one since then.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow, my friend and I have been talking about Lucid dreaming after seeing Inception.

We know a few people who can do it, complete control, spawning whatever their hearts desires.
We've been trying to achieve lucid dreaming, but I barely remember my dreams to begin with.

Pikaville

Yep, you should try and write down what you remember of your dreams too.

Eventually you remember pretty much every dream you have.

Mota

I don't mind not remembering my dreams, cause it means I don't remember the disturbing dreams either.
Nothing to dwell upon or fear, just sleep and wake up :p

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I rarely have dreams that I can control, but I used to have lots where I realized that it was a dream.

Back when I was younger and still had nightmares I was able to wake myself up almost 100%

I'd just close my eyes tight and continuously tell myself to wake up. Even if I was about to get pwned by a t-rex I'd just close my eyes.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered a dream that I had slight control over. I remember flying in one. Like, actually being able to fly through the air at will at anytime. It was amazing.
It was just a relaxing fream. I wasn't trying to catch someone or run away from a monster or anything. I had no specific goal. I was just carelessly flying through the sky on a sunny day.

But eventually my flying ability started to wither and I'd barely be able to get off the ground no matter how hard tried. Eventually I couldn't fly at all anymore and I woke up......

I was so sad ;__;

Mota

Haha as a kid I had the exact same dream.
I was in my backyard and I could consciously fly and control it. The most amazing feeling, for some reason I vaguely remember Mario the game character, possibly the theme song or the Mario as a flying possum influence.

Waking up from something like that, when you have complete freedom, it was disappointing to say the least. Tried to fall back asleep to dream it again XD

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
It's so sad when you have amazing powers in your dreams.Waking up is like....MAAAAAAAAAN! :urg:
QFT

Anyways, I tried to lucid dream yesterday but failed, here's hoping that I have better luck today.

Edit: I also had a flying dream a few years ago, the way I was flying was just like the way Mario flew in Super Mario 64 and I was apparently flying around my old(Back then current) school

Niiro

Smash Ace
I can never lucid dream because whenever I am conscious that I am dreaming, I wake up =/

finalark

SNORLAX
I had a lucid dream once. I don't even remember what it was about, all I remember was knowing that it was a dream but I had a hard time getting myself to wake up so I wondered around a surreal and frankly unpleasant/borderline horrifying landscape desperately fighting against the ominous force of whatever the hell it is I suppressed into my subconscious.

I'd rather not have to experience that again.

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
I had several lucid dreams. There was one were I was being hunted by assassins. After a few moments, I said, "Screw this, this is a dream". Then, I started flying to the sky away from the assassins like Superman. Overall, I did had insomnia a few times and sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis was a horrible, monstrosity experience for me. It felt like dying in tortured way.

In conclusion, It's just common sense to me that I'm in a dream.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I would love to be able to control my dreams.

Without any ****ty side effects like sleep paralysis.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I feel forces in my dreams such as flying all the time. The thing I wish I could do however is controll my flying. A lot of times though in those dreams I lose my flying power or somethng and then begin falling to the ground fast.

One dream I had a red ballon on a string tied to my back and it was floating me up and up and up. I could see cars and the street below, then the balloon poped on a powerline. It was scary, but the falling felt amazing.

If I'm feeling these forces am I close to lucid dreaming? More often then anything I'm running than flying/floating. Not only do I feel myself running but my quads feel tight in the dreams I have. When I wake up though I don't feel a thing.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I feel forces in my dreams such as flying all the time. The thing I wish I could do however is controll my flying. A lot of times though in those dreams I lose my flying power or somethng and then begin falling to the ground fast.

One dream I had a red ballon on a string tied to my back and it was floating me up and up and up. I could see cars and the street below, then the balloon poped on a powerline. It was scary, but the falling felt amazing.

If I'm feeling these forces am I close to lucid dreaming? More often then anything I'm running than flying/floating. Not only do I feel myself running but my quads feel tight in the dreams I have. When I wake up though I don't feel a thing.
I've felt the same feeling in one (maybe two) dreams.
I remember I was on a horse and it was jumping back and forth over the grand canyon. I could feel the same feeling you get when you're on a rollercoaster. It was so weird yet awesome. It wasn't a lucid dream for me, I think. I wasn't aware that it was a dream and I couldn't control anything, but I believe I woke up after me and the horse jumped over the canyon a few times lol

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I would love to be able to control my dreams.

Without any ****ty side effects like sleep paralysis.
You undergo sleep paralysis whenever you sleep. In order to LD with full coherency, you have to induce SP while conscious.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
You undergo sleep paralysis whenever you sleep. In order to LD with full coherency, you have to induce SP while conscious.
I don't know why you think this but it is completely false.

wake induced lucid dreams are obviously ideal but nearly impossible except for the adept.

but you can obtain a fully lucid state inside a previously un lucid dream depending on your ability to maintain a lucid state once you realize that you are dreaming.

anyways, lucid dreams ****.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They are hardly impossible. On my very first attempt, I got to SP, which is the mlst difficult part, saw hypnogogic hallucenations, and only stopped because I forgot how to transition. Calling it impossible is just false. Also, it is the easiest way to achieve full lucidity.

Pikaville

My method was the repeating something that never really changed throughout the day over and over.

Eventually you dream about it except it won't be exactly what it is like in real life,(for example looking in to a mirror or looking at your watch) this triggers your brain into realising your dreaming.

That being said I haven't tried to have one in a while now.

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
One time I lucid dreamed and wrote a blog about it, haha.
first of all, the dream was, a person pretending to be my mom kidnapped me. at first i didnt know she was fake, so i got into her car and she start driving to a place i dont know, but i noticed i cant recognize the surrounding, and i noticed my mom was different, she had sunglasses on, and her personality was weird, and i started asking her questions.

this whole time, i knew it was just a dream though, i dont know how, but i just knew. so i tried everything i could in order to wake up. i slapped myself, i pinched myself. AND in psychology 1, we learned that in our dream, we are unable to see lines on our palm, so i KEPT LOOKING AT MY HAND, and i could CLEARLY see all the lines and fingerprints on my palm, so WTF!! i disproved that then. and then i just kept tossing and turning in the car, hoping that would make me toss and turn in real life, and wake me up, but that didnt work either. THEN i tried going to sleep in my dream, hoping when i open my eye in my dream, ill open my eye in real life too. and it ALMOST worked, so weird. when i closed my eyes in my dream, i culd feel complete darkness like real life, but then when i opened my eyes, i was STILL in my dream!!!!!

then, i confronted my fake mom. i said to her, look, I KNOW YOU"RE NOT MY MOM! and i ripped off her sunglasses. and i demanded she tell me her intentions. and she was so mysterious. she was like, smirking in a creepy way and said something like, we're from the jogulars. O_O then i was like, whats that, and she just kept quiet, and i woke up!!!!
its kinda dramatic i know x]

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Lucid dreaming is something I don't remember ever having experienced. Then gain, I rarely ever remember my dreams, so for all I know, I could be lucid dreaming every other day and not know it. :(

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Man, I gotta try this! I've had that flying dream that lots of people mentioned. Also, I've had countless dreams where I visualised a moment in my life that would eventually occur in my future. There have been many times were the image right before my eyes in real life I've seen in a dream. Crazy stuff!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Also, I've had countless dreams where I visualised a moment in my life that would eventually occur in my future. There have been many times were the image right before my eyes in real life I've seen in a dream. Crazy stuff!
I've had this happen multiple times as well.
I remember writing about it in User Blogs awhile ago.

I started to get dizzy once I realized how accurate my dream was to the place I was at.

I was at near the bottom of a waterfall here in Jasper, Alberta. The water color was exactly the same, the surrounding were similar, and there was even a boat that I saw in my dream that I saw irl, though the writing on it wasn't the right color, but still! I couldn't believe it.
I've had other smaller versions of this happen before.

Also, last night I was somehow running away from some Aliens (Alien vs Predator Aliens) around my old Junior High school at night lol
Then I said **** this a did the ol' close my eyes method.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
They are hardly impossible. On my very first attempt, I got to SP, which is the mlst difficult part, saw hypnogogic hallucenations, and only stopped because I forgot how to transition. Calling it impossible is just false. Also, it is the easiest way to achieve full lucidity.
inducing sleep paralysis and having hypnagogic hallucinations is a far ways away from entering into a dream seamlessly without breaking consciousness.

It would be an amazing skill to have, and I hope you keep trying and succeed.

but its super difficult, immense props to anyone who can do this.

don't get me wrong, I practice this technique as well, and have many lucid dreams

but never succeeded in a wake induced lucid dream and don't know many people who have other than people who haven't slept in 24 hours or stories of tibetan monks.

takes mad technical skills.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hmmm, so I'm wondering if you lucid dream does it, in any way, do you kinda lose sleep? As in you need those 8 hours of sleep but since you were concious during some of those hours of your dreams do you feel like you slept less? Does it take away from your body refreshing everynight in anyway? Also, I'm going to start trying to practice Lucid Dreaming. Practice practice!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The time in which your body refreshes is only a very small amount of time of the total time you sleep. It doesn't take away from anything, I can even imagining it being a way to get more "sleep" (refreshment) in less time, if you can induce the dream state yourself.

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
The WILD technique, in which you go from Awake to Asleep conciously, IS really difficult. At least if you try to do so at 12:00 AM.

WILD is a technique you'll want to attempt after waking up. Most people say 4-6 hours after you go to sleep is a good time for it. You then get up, do something low key so you wake your brain just enough (take a shower, do some simple math) for up to an hour, then go back to bed. At that point you just kind of try to balance between going to sleep and staying awake, but DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT TOO MUCH. I kept my hand on a screwdriver when I started this method to kind of train into it so I wouldn't overthink.

Just google lucid dreaming or something, there are websites for it. Transforming and flying are freaking fun though <3

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Lucid dreaming has been something I have always wanted to do. I could never get the hang of it though.

Apparently there are some lucid dream inducing plants though

Top Bottom