• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Marth become top tier again?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
its ok cause most of the people who disagree with me DONT read my posts, or maybe they skim them but they dont even try to get the point
i dont get defensive either, i just like to make a big deal about how dumb some people (mostly wef mods) are at thinking

its only a matter of time before more people start looking back at what i post and being like "oh wait this guy was smarter than me i just didnt know" but most of u will continue to live in a fantasy world where marth will never be good

marth as a char is gonna be saved by his grab game. just like falco meta shifted towards grab marth should shift the same way imo. and not just campy bs and stupid matchups like fox.

even i (obviously complete noob) can see obvious patterns in like every player

its not the character, its that u do the same **** over and over with the character and everyone has watched videos of someone just like u before they play u, or has played someone just like u (armada ylink vs that eu puff) and knows what to do

ok guys, now u can complain about how bad marth is and flame me for being a noob. here ill start: god, his recovery sucks so hard, hes so slow, and he gets camped so hard, no down facing moves, what a scrub character

there now go ahead

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol marth is a great character.....you're all basically attempting to john for the character. someone needs to step it up and utilize him at a top level( besides m2k).

btw I agree with everything reneblaster said
this basically tells me about this thread.

marth is amazing kids. stop johning and learn to use him. niko and tai the only marth mains i see out there. step it up.

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
metagame marth should be 60% sheik metagame, 40% falcon metagame, take out the needles and knees and add in tips and spikes. chain grab combos and the tech chasing ftw. lol i guess, i don't really know.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
this basically tells me about this thread.

marth is amazing kids. stop johning and learn to use him. niko and tai the only marth mains i see out there. step it up.
Slox, you know I love you man, but wtf is this post? You're smarter than this.

Marth was extremely popular amongst players of all skill levels for years and years. We're not talking about some fringe character with secret untapped potential. It's not just a matter of discovering new Marth technology. His gameplan has pretty much been mapped out, it's just that he's pretty limited compared to some of the other top tiers who have almost infinite potential. Their weaknesses have been minimized almost to the point of nonexistence, while Marth's have, if anything, been exposed/magnified over the years.

He's still super good and he's certainly viable, he just has limitations that other top tiers simply don't have.

marth as a char is gonna be saved by his grab game. just like falco meta shifted towards grab marth should shift the same way imo. and not just campy bs and stupid matchups like fox.
You're seriously suggesting that Marths don't use their grab game enough. Really?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Marth's fair should just be a sexkick. Like, all the same range and disjointedness but it just stays out there. I think that would be extremely balanced.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think he should just have a sex kick. Like if he held his sword down and in front of him (diagonally) when he Nair'd and it just stayed there.

His Up+B should also have consistent sweetspot power for the whole duration so he can U-throw Up+B on every character for KOs at high percents and do ludicrous Up+B gimps and so his recovery can't be CC punished.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Good ideas, keep 'em coming.

EDIT: wtf edmund snuck that in before i could finish my post. horrible idea, stop posting

S l o X

Smash Champion
if marth had links bair (or used his foot in any way) i would never play this game again.

also, you right zoso. mybad<3.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Calm down Dart! He does not know the vastness of the world. Also hope your doing well Dart! <3 very homo.

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
There is hope, there is so much hope for him. The potential is there, its just that very few people use him anymore and Marths dont place high in tournaments anymore. If we had a Ken2 come out of nowhere and do work, then hes going to soar.

Fex91

Smash Rookie
i think he can become top tier again or at least he won't drop anymore on the tier list if there were more marth mains that would prove marths potential in tournaments like ken did in his best days/years. taj made a good beginning at genesis2. i don't really understand why there is such a lack of top marth players nowadays. maybe because there were too many top marths in the past that have now retired and he got figured out to well. marth just needs more support again and i'm sure he is able to win big tournaments. honestly i think this will take a while but he always had the potential in the past and he still has now.

crush

Smash Master
The moment Ice goes to America, you will all be very sorry for not putting him on your lists.
although ice is a prettty good player and marth does have a fairy long sword, nobody was sorry and begging for forgiveness when they saw taj do way better than they thought, so no, your statement is incorrect, you should edit your post so you dont embarass yourself with noobie arguments, and everyone should disregard this post by beat that has currently been quoted by crush

Brookman

Smash Hero
safehaven is GOD! you may recall him being one of the largest trolls to ever troll the trollboards

Top Bottom