• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all NC TO's and players

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Brawl+ does allow for a nice list of viable characters [IMO] - Though there is an infinite problem with muti-jab characters [Fox, C. Falcon, Falco, Pit, D3, Kirby, MK, Pika, Diddy, and so-on] only on walled stages.

Melee is the ****! and vBrawl...well it's just there, and I still play it competitively with broken characters only -- Snake, MK, [Wario IMO]

Duo55

Smash Ace
l would like to see it more often, but only as a side tourney for two reasons: 1. I still go OoS for tourneys, that being said, I gotta stay sharp on my buffering, timings, and hitstun. Brawl+ conflicts/differs in lots of ways 2. Its not respected as a legit main event yet. I want ppl to take NC more seriously as a national competitor, not less. All IMO.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
If great MK's like M2K were not around vBrawl would be fine, but alas I must play nothinng but Broken chracters...all most like melee except less mind games lolz [IMO]

CRAAZII -
Cant F_U_C_K with my SNEAKS!!!!

Lariet and Lareit are not words. This assumes that his name is Lareit, as the rules of grammar don't apply to proper nouns.

Unless you were trying to find the word Lariat.

English grammerz, on the internets!

/buymybook.

multiedit: YoshiKong, your name makes me think of Charles Barkley, which makes me laugh.
ironically it was inspired by charles barkley LOL

Vilt

Smash Lord
Bill, from now on I'm calling you Bill+ xD jk jk

But seriously, i'm all for the conversion to brawl+, since day one that i touched the sweetness that is brawl+ i have loved it. And in all seriousness. I more than likely will be holding brawl+ at HERB3 which will not be that far off. ^^

Foxy

Smash Master
lol at this thread. brawl plus isn't even sold in stores. you would get no new faces to play. brawl is essential to the smash community cause melee is like 8 years old now. brawl is new it's now. just lol at this thread.

lol.
this post was terrible

(btw brawl+ is newer than brawl)

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm down with replacing Brawl with Brawl+ anywhere it's possible. Having Brawl+ will make me probably 75% more likely to attend, and of course I will bring B+/Melee and a setup wherever I go if they need it.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm down with replacing Brawl with Brawl+ anywhere it's possible. Having Brawl+ will make me probably 75% more likely to attend, and of course I will bring B+/Melee and a setup wherever I go if they need it.
I enjoy your name + avatar.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Until B+ gecomes as close to gold as possible I'm down with just the side tourney-thing...but once it is CLOSE to becoming gold --most likely it will get replaced!

And I'm all for that! :chuckle:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Why does there have to be replacing of Brawl. That makes me supersadface. Brawl is my favorite game with Melee second and B+ in a close last but tourney-wise I think Brawl and Melee should always be the top 2.

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
this post was terrible

(btw brawl+ is newer than brawl)
right back at you my emo bro. what you need to do is tell me why it's horrible instead of writing a one sentence put down. I kind of expected this from you though, your the biggest melee/brawl + nuthugger/ **** sucker/douche bag i've ever seen. And I know + is newer dip **** all you have to do is read the name of the game. Unlike you I look at it in the unbiased version. Melee is too old and not sold in stores just like plus which people would buy but to play classic brawl. Get rid of brawl and you cut current and future attendence and shrink the smash community until a new smash brothers comes out. peace.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
I was introduced to the smash scene through brawl and believe that in singles, melee is far better

doubles is a different story...in brawl doubles combos exist, aggression is rewarded, no lame stuff (ie chaingrabs, release grabs, and planking) I am still new to the melee game but i will admit that so far doubles has not impressed me.

tbh i dont often enter brawl singles events anymore so i would be fine with the dropping of that event for brawl+...messing with brawl doubles messes with sp though

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Sadly all I've seen are a bunch of MK ditto teams! lulz -- an MK is ALL WAYS at the Finals of Dubz

But I do enjoy Brawl Doubles all most as much as Melee Dubz due to the speed of Melee being MUCH faster.

Smith

Smash Ace
until SP starts losing dubs tourney, were good with Brawl. I honestly don't care, because I switch my playstyle completely without any unbalance. I'm good at both.

Foxy

Smash Master
right back at you my emo bro. what you need to do is tell me why it's horrible instead of writing a one sentence put down. I kind of expected this from you though, your the biggest melee/brawl + nuthugger/ **** sucker/douche bag i've ever seen. And I know + is newer dip **** all you have to do is read the name of the game. Unlike you I look at it in the unbiased version. Melee is too old and not sold in stores just like plus which people would buy but to play classic brawl. Get rid of brawl and you cut current and future attendence and shrink the smash community until a new smash brothers comes out. peace.
erm

cool story, bro

i'm glad you got your feelings out - now actually meet me and actually know anything about any of the games and then feel free to post again.

and yes, i know i'mm getting trolled :embarrass

Vilt

Smash Lord
sp is gonna move north if HERB 3 has no brawl

whatchu guys think? virginia or maryland? tristate would be dank as hell...
Replace Brawl with Brawl+ at the next HERB?
lolololol

-50 attendance :(
I would have to be a complete ****** to do that.

My plans for HERB3, and this I'm just considering this so don't go making announcements, are making it a three day tourney with brawl+ having it's own day.

There I said it. Still I am considering this and not totally in stone.

And honestly. There are going to be more people at HERB2 for Melee than Brawl so if the turnout sucks, why not trade games.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Friday Saturday and Sunday sound dandy

Friday for Brawl+ Saturday for Melee and Brawl Sunday

Edit: I still hate Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
brawl... sigh.

sigh.

can't anyone understand that it was designed with the intention of being a completely non-competitive game?

if you're any good at 64, melee, or brawl+, brawl isn't fun to play at all. you can't get the flow or rush or amazing stuff from it that you can occasionally do in the other three. you can just be really particularly consistent with your spacing that match - how fun!

it's like eating a bowl of watery oatmeal with no maple syrup.

it gets you fed, but... why would you WANT to do it?

Top Bottom