• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all NC TO's and players

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did send a "resume" for the panel. I have a broad knowledge of the game. Matchups, character specific "combos" based off percent, hitboxes, frames, and that sort of thing. I know that I'm not well known so I don't mind the neglect but I am quite knowledgeable and very good at both Melee and Brawl. Wes and Dire can vouch in fact from NC East and SugarShiek can vouch for me if it's necessary. I really want to give something to the community even if it's just educated opinions about the way tourneys should and can be organized down to the actual set-up of the stations for efficiency spatially and handling money when there isn't pre-registering available. My crew DA (Deadly Alliance ) is notorious for holding some of the best tourneys like the Gauntlet series so popular in NY. I'd like the opportunity to give back to the community that has given me so much.

Is an actual essay a prerequisite ? I am an avid writer and could pen something out if it's asked of me.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I don't think anything is going to change, except that Billfests are going to become 2day events, and Bill might make a Brawl+ PR.

Idk what events Karn is going to run if he starts hosting tournaments though.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Hey it's all in the air -- I don't believe vBrawl is ready to get tossed -- it would be cool to start it as a side event

Then after this MK ban situation is over and a few weeks maybe a month fo by and we redetermine....you know?

I personally really want Brawl+ to become the ace boon koon...

Rohan

Smash Apprentice
mk ban would be a perfect idea for NC. ive been thinking...if mk is banned then brawls top tier will all have their counters. it will make brawl a lot better, although the NC scene wouldnt change that much because not many of us play mk, it would would help with the universal banning of mk

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
mk ban would be a perfect idea for NC. ive been thinking...if mk is banned then brawls top tier will all have their counters. it will make brawl a lot better, although the NC scene wouldnt change that much because not many of us play mk, it would would help with the universal banning of mk
Nobody is going to ban MK bc there is no MK dominance.

SBR is having the final vote now, but they aren't going to get the numbers to do it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
They better ban dat MK. He is such a sickening character. IMO He is what makes the game not fun for people.

there is no point in banning MK because then you'll have hear excuses such as "i didn't get to use my best character". I don't want to hear no excuses if i beat somebody especially if i've played my best and you played your best

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
MK is UBER easy to learn...the can just learn another chracter

M2K played D3 before MK....lolz so if MK is banned then he will go to D3 until he "M2K like" learns another character!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
there is no point in banning MK because then you'll have hear excuses such as "i didn't get to use my best character". I don't want to hear no excuses if i beat somebody especially if i've played my best and you played your best
Meh, if they are going to complain like that, then they are probably just getting a piggy-back ride from MK anyway. Play someone else.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
YoshiKongBarkley3000 said:
yes i agree MK is easy as hell to pick up but i just prefer to beat somebody with their best character even if it is a easy character
I like to beat people at their best also....except in pools lolz

So I can understand that!

DUB

Smash Lord
yes i agree MK is easy as hell to pick up but i just prefer to beat somebody with their best character even if it is a easy character

It's kinda hard to explain but when I play against peoples MK's who arn't MK mains, it's not a real difficult matchup. Granted my character is one of the best to play against MK, it shows that you do have todo more then hit B. A lot of people are extremely comfortable with the matchup.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Imagine an MK who knew how to use MK aerials intelligently and chased you with nado after EVERY knockback move -- There is almost nothing you can do [ALMOST]

That is a very hard situation to handle when you can't escape the nado...and that ^scenario^ has been done many times!

BEHR

Smash Hero
MK is the funnest character to play.

I think we should ban every other character and just play MK only tournaments.

Serious post.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nobody is going to ban MK bc there is no MK dominance.

SBR is having the final vote now, but they aren't going to get the numbers to do it.
I dunno. More and more people are beginning to understand just how broken MK is. I only just realized the extent of it at Stongertron. And that's not just because of Sushiman.

Personally, I've been converted. I think he should be banned. I think more and more people are beginning to see it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im a Kirby/Jiggs main I guess.

My Jiggs is rusty tho. xp

Top Bottom