• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all NC TO's and players

Lareit

Smash Ace
The only reason Brawl+ doesn't have such glaring inbalances is because it's not play'd and studied and it's constantly being updated to prevent people from finding the broken combo's and absurdly advantageous characters.

Want to make brawl balanced?
In the next version of Brawl+ remove every character but Captain Falcon. Remove everymap that isn't 100% symmetrical(which means pretty much only Final Destination, as even battlefield's edges are slightly different).

It's a video game. Video games simply aren't going to be accurate reprensentation of balance. Slight difference such as map variation and even Controller ports give advantages to other people.

Want to be competitive, play a sport that has been built from the ground up to be about personal skill.

Don't forget that snake used to have a f-tilt lock untill death in a previous incarantion of Brawl+. Who's to say someone else doesn't have something similar this version, or next.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
We aren't asking for 50:50 matchups across the board.

We're trying to make a game where the bottom tier actually has a **** chance against top tier.

Want an example of a balanced fighter? Virtua Fighter. Guilty gear. As long as the characters are different, there will never be perfect balance.

And if I recall correctly, the Snake Ftilt lock was in an OLD-*** version of B+. THAT'S WHAT BALANCE PATCHES ARE FOR. Other fighters do this kinda of **** alll the time.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
The only reason Brawl+ doesn't have such glaring inbalances is because it's not play'd and studied and it's constantly being updated to prevent people from finding the broken combo's and absurdly advantageous characters.

Want to make brawl balanced?
In the next version of Brawl+ remove every character but Captain Falcon. Remove everymap that isn't 100% symmetrical(which means pretty much only Final Destination, as even battlefield's edges are slightly different).

It's a video game. Video games simply aren't going to be accurate reprensentation of balance. Slight difference such as map variation and even Controller ports give advantages to other people.

Want to be competitive, play a sport that has been built from the ground up to be about personal skill.

Don't forget that snake used to have a f-tilt lock untill death in a previous incarantion of Brawl+. Who's to say someone else doesn't have something similar this version, or next.
lol, at this argument

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Fun is one thing. Competitive is another. VF is one of the most competitive fighters out.
I gauge how much a game "sucks" based on how fun it is.

Melee is fun. Melee is awesome

Brawl is sorta fun. Brawl is okay.

Brawl+ is somewhere in the middle.

Virtua Fighter is roughly as fun as looking at a picture of Cher.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I think it's "Lariet".

I before E except after C. :)
Lariet and Lareit are not words. This assumes that his name is Lareit, as the rules of grammar don't apply to proper nouns.

Unless you were trying to find the word Lariat.

English grammerz, on the internets!

/buymybook.

multiedit: YoshiKong, your name makes me think of Charles Barkley, which makes me laugh.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Lariet and Lareit are not words. This assumes that his name is Lareit, as the rules of grammar don't apply to proper nouns.

Unless you were trying to find the word Lariat.

English grammerz, on the internets!

/buymybook.

multiedit: YoshiKong, your name makes me think of Charles Barkley, which makes me laugh.
It's spelled grammar b-nub.

Git off mah interwebz.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Would this Brawl+ scene mix in Melee tourneys as well? I would think so...which just caps the bottle! Then I'm down, I just got Brawl+ so whenever there is a tourney I'll be on the lookout!

Foxy

Smash Master
Would this Brawl+ scene mix in Melee tourneys as well? I would think so...which just caps the bottle! Then I'm down, I just got Brawl+ so whenever there is a tourney I'll be on the lookout!
Yup, it usually goes with Melee.

For example, I host Melee and Brawl+ tournaments and Billfests are going to be Melee and Brawl+ as well.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Probably a bad idea. I just feel the need to throw this out there: We should have an "intertwined" Melee, Brawl, B+tourney. They have normal brackets (pools w/e) and the 2 people that have to play, pick the game they wanna play.

Lol, and now that I actually put this down on computer paper :o It seems like an even worse idea.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
im never playing brawl plus...

i think it is fun for 30 min to wyle out with falcon but you can do that in melee...

just doesnt feel right
Agreed.
It's alright for the first couple hours or so...but then your just like...I could be playing brawl.

Top Bottom