• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You need to beat the campaign to unlock the mode "Five".
What is "Five"?

If this is just another way of saying I need to do this to do Nazis, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!!!!!!! I hate doing the story and this time it really looks boring as hell.

Looks like I'll just have to rush through it on easy mode or whatever just to get it over wtih

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What is "Five"?

If this is just another way of saying I need to do this to do Nazis, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!!!!!!! I hate doing the story and this time it really looks boring as hell.

Looks like I'll just have to rush through it on easy mode or whatever just to get it over wtih
Read the OP.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Added. And what's wrong with the first one?
"Q: Will nazi mode return?
A: Yes. Hardened and prestige edition buyers will get them free while standard edition buyers will have to pay."

It's worded as if only people who buy the Hardened/Prestige edition will be able to play Zombie mode, while you have to pay if you have the standard edition.

Hardened/Prestige just comes with WaW zombie maps

kr3wman

Smash Master
Can you play the Wager modes (for example Gun game) without it being on a wager match?

I remember Gun Game as being one of my favourite game modes in CS.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, when you go to gamestop and buy the hardened edition, is there always like a copy or two of that there? I REALLY want that hardened edition at least so I can get those Zombies maps for free which will save my parents 5 extra bucks in the future.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Can you play the Wager modes (for example Gun game) without it being on a wager match?

I remember Gun Game as being one of my favourite game modes in CS.
From what I've seen non wager matches have everything that was in MW2, but no new stuff.

You have to buy everything in this game. Decoy lasts ages. There's a Prestige game type.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
"Q: Will nazi mode return?
A: Yes. Hardened and prestige edition buyers will get them free while standard edition buyers will have to pay."

It's worded as if only people who buy the Hardened/Prestige edition will be able to play Zombie mode, while you have to pay if you have the standard edition.

Hardened/Prestige just comes with WaW zombie maps
Thanks, I fixed it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I mean wager mode/gun game.

I assume so so if you don't respond about it I'll take that as a yes.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can only play Team Deathmatch or Free for all offline.

It's slowness isn't bothering me anymore, it's slower than MW2 but I've gotten used to it now, I don't even notice it anymore.

Edit:

You have to get to level 10 to buy killstreaks, it took me about 2 hours to get to level 10, you get $2500 every level up I think, it costs $5000 for the Claymore and about $6000 for 11 killstreaks.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yo pluvia, is the killstreak pic for Rolling Thunder still that pic of a simple plane dropping bombs or is it a pic of an actual B-52 Stratofortress in stormy skies?

This is important stuff. If you didn't know.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You can only play Team Deathmatch or Free for all offline.

It's slowness isn't bothering me anymore, it's slower than MW2 but I've gotten used to it now, I don't even notice it anymore.

Edit:

You have to get to level 10 to buy killstreaks, it took me about 2 hours to get to level 10, you get $2500 every level up I think, it costs $5000 for the Claymore and about $6000 for 11 killstreaks.
Dang, that's pretty long. Still, seems like the game looks pretty good so far.

Claymores look expensive...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's a Stratofortress (with grey camo seemingly) in cloudy skies dropping bombs.

You have to buy challenges too (you have to buy everything) and you have to buy the layers for your custom emblem. There's 12 layers, the 1st one is $100 and the 12th one is $8000.

Edit:

**** double post, expected someone to have replied, didn't refresh.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
It's a Stratofortress (with grey camo seemingly) in cloudy skies dropping bombs.
**** yea greatest change they made to the game since beta phase etc. I hated the old pic for it since it made a cool sounding killstreak look stupid. Now it's just straight up cool.

Droppin bombs like a boss.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just playing sticks and stones. I quit a gun game and I think I lost all my money.

In sticks and stones your victim effectively has to be directly in front of you if you want to hit them, all your weapons travel slightly slower than you'd expect, except the tomahawk weirdly.

Also if you knife someone in Gun Game they get depromoted.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
We knew the latter already.

So the crossbow/ballistic knife are slightly slower? I expected as much from the ballistic knife, but the crossbow?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Grenades seem to have a much lower blast radius. The Semtex makes weird electronic noises now.

Maps don't cycle, you get to choose between 2 maps, or pick random. I just played on Nuketown 5 times in a row.

Edit:

You get to see final game kill cam no matter what mode you play, even if the clock just runs out.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Grenades really aren't that good so far. It takes a lot more shots to kill people and the guns actually have recoil.

I've been playing for about 2 hours now and haven't gotten tubed a single time. The game is not the least bit noob friendly. If you're new to the CoD series, you're in trouble with this game.

I love it so far.

S

smash brawl player 99021

That's good to hear. I'm eager to try Sniping, and I will definitely by high-tailing it home to play.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Does nobody else have this yet? You're not that far behind us in time zones, I was expecting this thread to be a buzz of activity.

Anyway I managed to get to level 25. My gun is fully customized, with a light blue love heart aiming sight and blue camo slapped all over it, plus my clan tag and custom made emblem on the side of it. That, I have to admit, is pretty cool.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'll have it in about 30 minutes. Most of the posters here have school today, but I'm not going. I'm gonna test it out for a couple of hours, then go to the gym for a bit, take a nap, and play basically all night. Really looking forward to this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just updated the thread title. (Yes, I had to sleep like a normal human being)

Will update the OP with the reviews in a bit.E

EDIT: lol quick time events are back. What is this? CoD3?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
You're welcome.

Gun Game = Fantastic fun.
Is that the 20-tier weapon progression? If so I can't wait to try that out ever since I recently started playing GimmeUrGun in mw2 FFA

Does nobody else have this yet? You're not that far behind us in time zones, I was expecting this thread to be a buzz of activity.
school ragerageragerage

I've heard a few ppl talking about it already, how they went to midnight launch and played it through the night/got little sleep before school.

moreragerageragerage

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I was gonna go to school today until I realized I'm not doing anything in my classes whatsoever. Just skipping for the day, doesn't make one bit of a difference anyways.

Almost got my AK74U. I picked it up from someone and it's amazing, especially with grip.

This game has to be played tactically if you wanna get a lot of kills, trust me. I was rushing a lot and just kept racking up deaths. Playing conservatively is even better than before, at least from what I've seen.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I was gonna go to school today until I realized I'm not doing anything in my classes whatsoever. Just skipping for the day, doesn't make one bit of a difference anyways.

College or high school?

This game has to be played tactically if you wanna get a lot of kills, trust me. I was rushing a lot and just kept racking up deaths. Playing conservatively is even better than before, at least from what I've seen.
By tactically, conservatively, etc. this does not mean "camping constantly" correct?

Top Bottom