• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cali's Apex Fantasy League --DRAFT COMPLETE--

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
Draft crews are dumb. There is no sense of pride or loyalty to the team. It's like a bunch of friendly. I hope they don't waste time with this on the stream.
Lol did you read this/understand it at all? Nope.

:phone:

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Liked what I saw from Kage and m2k today on their respective teams. Really looking forward to the real fantasy action tomorrow. Fight hard Nintendude!!

Also, froggy, read before you hate.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't really see how they could actually lose time with this on the stream considering it's going to be decided only with the final results of the singles bracket, but I might have misunderstood what you mean.

Ok I get it now.
LOL they talked about it on the stream?

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if they talked about it on the stream, I was just replying to Froggy who thought they might waste time with this on the stream because he thought that the 8 crews would face each other in classical crew battles. Which they are not going to do.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Seartu must feel good with his M2K + Hax pick. It's pretty hard to guess how it will go for the moment though, even a 97th place could make the difference...

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
Just waiting on results/bracket image to wrap things up here and determine a winner. I like the way my top picks performed...have no idea how the back end did.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Unfortunately for you it was me vs. Sol round 1, so I had to knock out one of your other picks, and then I proceeded to lose to Mango right afterwards:(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm pretty sure Seartu won -- the M2K Hax combo was better than anyone else's top two picks, and as far as I can remember, all his players got 65th or better. We have to look at a results thread before confirming the winner though.

Afghanimal519

Smash Rookie
We still need a final bracket up to determine the winner but I will say this based off of our incomplete data so far.

Stab - 108 pts
Juggleguy - 108 pts
Seartu - 107 pts
Zoap - 105 pts

Everyone else is too low in the running even with incomplete data to really have an accurate shot at winning.

Most likely, Stab won, he has that point tie with juggleguy but, that's with his last 2 picks being unaccounted for, I have no clue if they even made bracket. (Aza and Rockcrock)

For juggleguy, we need to confirm Taj and Trail's finishes. They are estimated at 33rd and the point tally reflects that at this moment. If someone could verify this we'll have a winner crowned soon.

Seartu is still in the running but we need to confirm .jpg and kage's finishes.

The 128 bracket style pools screwed over a lot of the later draft picks, although on the whole, most peoples first 4 picks proved to be either adequate or above average at least.

If anyone knows what Aza, Rockcrock, Taj, Trail, .Jpg, and Kage's results are, please shed some light and we can get a result out quicker.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Now that the results thread is up, I tallied up the points, and here are the final results for Apex Fantasy Melee:

1. TheCrimsonBlur 135
2. Stab 127
3. Seartu 121
4. Luis 112
5. Juggleguy 108
6. Zoap 105
7. Tafokints 104
8. sidefx 103
9. Violence 92
10. Ahmad 74

Image illustrating everyone's picks and how many points we got by round:

We're definitely doing this again next year. Too fun.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Vwins went in round 4 but got enough points to be worth a 2nd round pick.
Bam and Diakonos did well for being picked in 5th round too.
Kage was a solid 3rd round pick.
KK, despite somewhat underperforming, was still good for how low he went in first round.

Basically, Cali sleepin on Canada

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Jpobs called crimson/me as 1st/2nd, not bad

And shush Stevo, I had back to back canada picks on my team and was debating making tect my last pick lol

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
1. TheCrimsonBlur 135 | 1 Seartu
2. Stab 127 | 2 Crimson
3. Seartu 121 | 3 Violence
4. Luis 112 | 4 Juggleguy
5. Juggleguy 108 | 5 Tafo
6. Zoap 105 | 6 SideFX
7. Tafokints 104 | 7 Luis
8. sidefx 103 | 8 Zoap
9. Violence 92 | 9 Stab
10. Ahmad 74 | 10 Ahmad

Except for Violence and Stab, whose results I had respectively over/underestimated, I think my list isn't that inaccurate after all.

GG to TCB, and also props to Zoap for picking himself and making it to the bracket.

(Damn, impossible to have a good presentation)

Top Bottom