• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

California Sucks...... Idaho Tournament Jan. 5th

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
LOL, Idaho > California:laugh:

229 East 20th street.
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404

Date: Saturday, Jan.5, 2008
Time: 12:00 pm
Price: $10 singles, $10 teams ($5 per person)
I will probably take about $2 per person, coming from the singles pot.
Prize: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd, after my cut.jk
WE NEED SETUPS! Please bring TV's, Gamecubes, copies of smash, and VCR's. This'll help make the event run more smoothly and allow time to play friendlies.

RULES:

* Bring your own controller.
* All matches are best out of 3, best out of 5 for the finals.
* 4 stock, 8 minutes
* No items

Singles

* First stage is random, further are counterpicked by the losing player, or selected at random if loser picks new character. (see New rules, below)
* Random stages (Singles): Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
* Banned stages (Singles only): Great Bay

Teams

* Banned stages (Teams only): Fountain of Dreams
* Random stages (Teams): Pokémon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Rainbow Cruise, DK 64, Yoshi Story, Battlefield
* Team attack is on.

* Banned stages (Singles and Teams): Peach's Castle, Onett, Yoshi’s Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64,Kongo Jungle, Green Greens

* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (such as the IC freeze glitch) are not allowed.
* Using tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound to excessively stall a match is not allowed.
* Controller mods which affect gameplay such as shorthop mod, L-trigger mod, etc. are considered cheating and are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller, you will be disqualified with no refunds. Feel free to use controllers with purely cosmetic mods such as stickers and different color paint. 3rd party controllers are allowed, but any additional features that aren't found on a standard nintendo controller (such as programmable buttons or turbo buttons of any kind) are banned.
* Pick up after yourselves if you leave a mess.
* No fighting! Unless you take it outside lol.

People going
BattleChrist
Yamer
Chex
Korey
Knuttz
Qraq
Gnosis
Hott
Buzz

Maybe going
C!Z
Dai-A
Andy
Peoble Buzz brings from Rexburg 2-4
Pocatello 4-5
Other people from Utah that drive C!Z 2-3?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So yeah, do you guys know what a wavedash is?

The Game II

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me how many Idaho people went to OC3, SCC or EVO and their records in those tournaments?

I'm wondering what the matches will look like. Probably like this.

--GCII

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lol @ how YS/FoD/BF aren't on neutrals.
They also got Jungle Japes, Green Greens, and Pokefloats on the banned list. And Mute City isn't banned for Doubles apparently.

So basically, Idaho fails at knowing what competitive smash is.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
it's funny because everybody will go to the tournament in california that weekend.

because we have more than one tournament a year, Idaho.

Kinx

Smash Cadet
Smash is srs bizness.

California fails at their internet sarcasm detection. And for you to get worked up over something as small as this is rofl laughable. So in showing that you get aggravated over something like this makes me wonder just how smart. Idaho has every right to do what they want with their tournament so I really don't see why you guys would flame on them for something like ID > CA or hold a tournament (though starting to seem like it recenly lulz). Idaho hasn't been to many tournaments or at least only the better of the players here nor have we held very many tournaments.

So let's say that the California is an asshat of a smash community because of their dense pride of thinking that just because a state from under a rock, that they wouldn't be able to get decent. Or it's just the ones who just posted here making CA look very lol.

So i suggest you pull your heads out of your heads and realize just how much of an epic failure you guys are.

in b4 HURR TYPOS nd fail rplies

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'd go to Idaho for a tourney, as long as the entire Idaho community was there. I don't think that I've met ANY Idaho smashers. If this tourney isn't a joke, I'd be willing to start up a car pool from Socal to Idaho. Or maybe we could meet midway at some Vegas tourney, if Idaho is up for a little bit of travel. How big are you guys expecting the tournament to be?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Smash is srs bizness.

California fails at their internet sarcasm detection. And for you to get worked up over something as small as this is rofl laughable. So in showing that you get aggravated over something like this makes me wonder just how smart. Idaho has every right to do what they want with their tournament so I really don't see why you guys would flame on them for something like ID > CA or hold a tournament (though starting to seem like it recenly lulz). Idaho hasn't been to many tournaments or at least only the better of the players here nor have we held very many tournaments.

So let's say that the California is an asshat of a smash community because of their dense pride of thinking that just because a state from under a rock, that they wouldn't be able to get decent. Or it's just the ones who just posted here making CA look very lol.

So i suggest you pull your heads out of your heads and realize just how much of an epic failure you guys are.

You do understand that all of socal understood that this was "sarcasm," right? Every post in this thread is just making fun of your 15 person smash community. Since you decided to poke fun, we decided to do the same.

And don't worry, i'll be sure to put my "head out of my head "soon.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Smash is srs bizness.

Who's getting aggravated?

So, my 1 line post prompted you to write a few paragraphs ranting about how California is full of dense, moronic douchebags who can't detect internet sarcasm. Mm, that's some infallible logic there.

Why do you even bother posting here?

gnosis

Smash Lord
They also got Jungle Japes, Green Greens, and Pokefloats on the banned list. And Mute City isn't banned for Doubles apparently.

So basically, Idaho fails at knowing what competitive smash is.
Yeah I was wondering what was up with that **** too.

Come on Idaho, get it together.

AzN_Lep said:
I'd go to Idaho for a tourney, as long as the entire Idaho community was there. I don't think that I've met ANY Idaho smashers. If this tourney isn't a joke, I'd be willing to start up a car pool from Socal to Idaho. Or maybe we could meet midway at some Vegas tourney, if Idaho is up for a little bit of travel. How big are you guys expecting the tournament to be?
I don't know if this is a serious post or not, what with all the ******* around in this thread...

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Who's getting aggravated?

So, my 1 line post prompted you to write a few paragraphs ranting about how California is full of dense, moronic douchebags who can't detect internet sarcasm. Mm, that's some infallible logic there.

Why do you even bother posting here?
Lol **** .

Relhots

Smash Lord
id rather play in idaho than in socal, and i lived in Murrieta. not many good people in Murrieta/Temecula area

Good title BC

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I've seen Idaho drivers before. They drive like 25mph under the speed limit.

If their driving is any coorelating indication of their smash skills.... well all I can say is have fun with all your bowser dittos.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Wow! good comeback!

At least i'm smarter than you and got out of that hellhole.

well lets think about this for a second.

What is your state known as?

The Potato State.

So logically, we can all assume that there is a lot of farming land, correct? Meaning that there probably isn't much civilization, probably to the point where there is not even a hospital in every city, and you have to drive 5+ miles to get to a grocery store (that, or you guys live off your own land, which is reasonable).

So please use a better argument than calling California a "hellhole," it just makes you look like more of an ignorant potato farmer, especially since CA is one, if not THE state most people want to go to. Just because you don't make enough revenue off your little potatoes doesn't give you the right to speak.

artifice

Smash Ace
kinda thinking about driving to this... but this realy isnt the season to have to cut through Montana. hm..

how bout a confirmed list?

Relhots

Smash Lord
well lets think about this for a second.

What is your state known as?

The Potato State.

So logically, we can all assume that there is a lot of farming land, correct? Meaning that there probably isn't much civilization, probably to the point where there is not even a hospital in every city, and you have to drive 5+ miles to get to a grocery store (that, or you guys live off your own land, which is reasonable).

So please use a better argument than calling California a "hellhole," it just makes you look like more of an ignorant potato farmer, especially since CA is one, if not THE state most people want to go to. Just because you don't make enough revenue off your little potatoes doesn't give you the right to speak.
Your real funny:laugh:

1.) Born in Lakewood, CA
2.) live 1/2 mile from albersons & walmart & walgreens
3.) 3 miles from costco
4.) 46,000+ population in nampa
5.) dont grow potatoes or anything in fact
6.) Nampa bigger than Burbank without farmland
7.) No gangs
8.) No killings
9.) No shootings
10.) No *****

What else do you want to know?

Relhots

Smash Lord
kinda thinking about driving to this... but this realy isnt the season to have to cut through Montana. hm..

how bout a confirmed list?
If you are in Washington you don't have to cut through montana to get to idaho . Just drive left until you reach idaho, or look at google maps.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Your real funny:laugh:

1.) Born in Lakewood, CA
2.) live 1/2 mile from albersons & walmart & walgreens
3.) 3 miles from costco
4.) 46,000+ population in nampa
5.) dont grow potatoes or anything in fact
6.) Nampa bigger than Burbank without farmland
7.) No gangs
8.) No killings
9.) No shootings
10.) No *****
oooo walmart, hick central, congrats.

3 miles from costco? I'm 3 BLOCKS.

46,000 population in a city LARGER than burbank? Do you know how tiny burbank is?

In 2006 our population was roughly 104,317, yet you have a much larger area to cover. Congratulations, you just made yourself look stupider than i thought.

please stop posting, your lack of knowledge is making you and your state look bad.

edit: wow, when looking at the history of burbank...

"The wartime effort of the aviation industry had pushed Burbank's population to 53899 in 1943"

lol get *****, 60 years ago my city had a higher population.

Relhots

Smash Lord
oooo walmart, hick central, congrats.

3 miles from costco? I'm 3 BLOCKS.

46,000 population in a city LARGER than burbank? Do you know how tiny burbank is?

In 2006 our population was roughly 104,317, yet you have a much larger area to cover. Congratulations, you just made yourself look stupider than i thought.

please stop posting, your lack of knowledge is making you and your state look bad.

thank you i do what i can:)

and if you weren't smart enough to get that i was being sarcastic your stupider than i am.

how would state with the population with a million how would one city be that big with the 13th biggest state with cities all over the place

When looking at the history of burbank they had at least 100 times more crime than the state

PS: 60 yrs ago you weren't born and its not your city

and at least i dont tell people to go get *****, but you probably been ***** if you telling other people to get *****

PSS: hint in life, stop being a asno

PSSS: if you dont know what it is, its german

PSSSS: i wasnt born in Lakewood, I was born in Berlin. My brother lives in lakewood

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Ahhh so many fallacious arguments with made up words and bad grammar. I'm going to go ahead and try to stop this before a mod closes it, because I'd actually like to see an Idaho tourney.

I don't even know what this was supposed to mean "how would state with the population with a million how would one city be that big with the 13th biggest state with cities all over the place"

Being 3 blocks away from Costco does not make your state a better place... "Congratulations, you just made yourself look stupider than i thought." I thought this was a joke at first. Calling someone "stupider" really brings a bad point across. Use real words please.

I don't mean to offensive to either side, but this is a really dumb argument supported by even worse logic. Stop it.

Relhots

Smash Lord
you're right. we should stop.

i thought it was very fun. I sitting here laughing at whatever he said. i want to go to a tourney too. I just wanted to see how long he would waste his time posting messages on an idaho forum than a california forum. I told him that he should stop while he was ahead but he didnt. I dont think it will end though. He seems really mad at me.

That costco thing he said was probably a lie. but i just started cracking up when he said that.

Its funny how a 14 yr old kid can get a guy to say whatever i wanted him to say.

The tourney is supposed to be really good. Yamer is going to be there apperantly.

It should be really fun. You should go. I might if i have the time

Relhots

Smash Lord
This forum shouldnt get closed. Id would rather get banned then for people not to know about the idaho tournements

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I got board and didn't read all the post so ya i don't think anyone really posted anything important.

Ya so i took the rules from some other thread and didn't read all of them cuz the parts i read looked ok but i guess not so i'll fix it or go jack someone else's rules. I'll probably change it to MLG rules cuz i guess some of that **** is dumb i didn't know the stages got all ****ed up lol.

This is a real tournament and if you're taking this seriously your dumb..... come on Idaho good lol o well. Some of you should get a car pool going cuz i think most of Idaho will go.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I got board and didn't read all the post so ya i don't think anyone really posted anything important.

Ya so i took the rules from some other thread and didn't read all of them cuz the parts i read looked ok but i guess not so i'll fix it or go jack someone else's rules. I'll probably change it to MLG rules cuz i guess some of that **** is dumb i didn't know the stages got all ****ed up lol.

This is a real tournament and if you're taking this seriously your dumb..... come on Idaho good lol o well. Some of you should get a car pool going cuz i think most of Idaho will go.
Is it at your house BC?

Top Bottom