• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 - Ashburn, VA - Nov 22, 08 - ECRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Tope recently asked me if I could house people. Let me know if you need housing, I'm about 30 min from the airport, and 30 min from the tournament. (TOPE: Maybe you should list this in the first post for housing).

One thing I'd like to mention is that it really is a hassle picking up people from the airport, housing them (ESPECIALLY if I don't know them), and providing rides in general. I had to go through hel* many, and many tournaments including HEL* at Pound 3. I vowed my self that I would never willingly want to pick anyone up ever again (Unless for a reasonable price that I can profit from). Because of this, the prices are as follows ---------

Pick up from Metro: 10$
Pick up from Airport: 30$ (20$ profit of course. Don't want it? Take a Taxi)
Pick up from Airport along the way: 20$ (Includes gas money from pick up, and drop off)
Carpool -LIMITED to FIRST 4 PEOPLE: 5$
Housing: 5$

You don't like the prices, huh? I'm sorry but this hurts me as much as it hurts u (LOLZ not really). Realistically, I don't think many people will get housing around this area since its hard to come by. I'm just putting the prices out there for people who ..

NEED a ride, NEED a place to stay, and NEED transportation in general? (lolz i know i already said this.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAYZ, there you go.

Contact me through PM. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Don't know what a PM is? Call me my number is (703)989-8795. Too shy/don't know what to say? E-mail me at chudatzz@hotmail.com.

PS: Something I learned from my travels is that "You can't depend on anyone but yourself".

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
I can help out with housing and pick-up. Anyone interested just PM me. I live
50 mins away from venue,
30mins away from Dulles, Reagan, and BWI airport,
9 mins from greyhound station
5 min from a metro station walking
and can offer rides.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I can help out with housing and pick-up. Anyone interested just PM me. I live
50 mins away from venue,
30mins away from Dulles, Reagan, and BWI airport,
9 mins from greyhound station
5 min from a metro station walking
and can offer rides.

answer ur aim yoster i'll take u up on ur offer.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well it's actually easier for me to get to yosters since my mom's office is near the metro and on the opposite side of town of Chu's house. It'd be much easier to convince her to take me earlier + save money on gas cause she would go to work anyways.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Cleveland may want to drive down to this, is there going to be a confirmed attendee list to estimate the amount of people?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Looks like some steep competition... though I've sparred with Anther and I seriously should now move on into the real competitive world. Count me in.
The only thing is I plan to take Greyhound to get to Ashburn and will probably need Yoster's help with the pick-up + housing. But yeah, I SHALL be there!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
P~S you already play an uncommon character. You can't call dibs on 2 of them. ZSS ditto mm?

Really I just need someone to fight Metagay with.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I say go Lucario if you're looking solely to beat Meta- Even when I played M2K, he thrashed my G&W and R.O.B., people I consider my best, Lucario, who is more of a far out backup, did better than those choices with way less experience. I actually almost had him down to his last stock- no one else got this close. Even M2K agreed with me on this and thought Lucario was + on the matchup. Not saying we're right for sure, but Lucario is a really good choice for this.

I suppose if your looking for other alternatives, there is Yoshi (LOL Yoshi) and Diddy Kong...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Snakeee thinks ZSS does fairly well vs MK. Certainly better than ROB. I'm also going for the surprise factor. How many ZSS players are there in MD/VA? Exactly.

Plus I can use her for DDD and maybe G&W, two of my other worst matchups as a ROB main. My former secondary, Wario, gets utterly ***** by both of them.

Oh and also, she's fun to use! That's probably the most important reason of all (to me, maybe not to people who are only playing for the $).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Snakeee thinks ZSS does fairly well vs MK. Certainly better than ROB. I'm also going for the surprise factor. How many ZSS players are there in MD/VA? Exactly.

Plus I can use her for DDD and maybe G&W, two of my other worst matchups as a ROB main. My former secondary, Wario, gets utterly ***** by both of them.

Oh and also, she's fun to use! That's probably the most important reason of all (to me, maybe not to people who are only playing for the $).
$2 MM on you zss? ill use tl or mario

Snakeee

Smash Master
you need someone to fight MK so you pick up ZSS? swing and a miss
Wow, if Chillin doesn't like that match up and I know he uses her...I guess I'm really the only ZSS player that does :laugh:. There's a certain way for ZSS to fight Meta, and I guess I've been playing against them too much. It's really not a bad match up for her.

And good to see you picking her up Jcaesar. She can cover those match ups that you said, but you really have to know what you're doing in them.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I'll $5 mm someone in Pika dittos, or against any heavyweight character. If someone can beat my Pikachu with another Pika or a heavyweight they deserve the money. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom