• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
beware of ganon's crouch cancel at low to mid percents even if you do bait him out. he might just be baiting you in actuality.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Nair ***** Ganon <_< just be really fast

Just don't hang around advancing shorthop Fair range unless you're trying to stuff them with Nairs, and don't hang around platforms too much if you're not prepared for the shenanigans
Ganon is like a slow version of you so just stay mobile and beat him up

gravy

Smash Ace
On the topic of edgegaurding spacies, I've been experimenting with it a lot lately. Some tools that I think are underused are ledge fall off uair and bair. If you can force a space animal, especially a falco, to fall below the ledge and up b, you can just do an invincible fall off bair or reverse uair. Don't be scared, you can get back and it's a perfect way to edgegaurd them. Also, you guys have to remember to get up attack in a lot of situations. It has the same get up frames as roll from ledge, and it'll stuff the **** out recoveries and you can just rinse and repeat. Also, when you stomp and they tech, be ready instantly to low angle ftilt their illusion. If they start a Firefox, just run off uair them or **** them some other way. Another random thing I think we should start using is charged dsmash as a tech chase on platforms. If you stomp and they land on the top platform before you can knee, just wave land and charge that baby. Literally no matter what happens, you can hit them. There's more to talk about, but I'm on mobile right now and want a keyboard.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Reverse uair definitely poo poos on falco.

I am more concerned with how to drag spacies to the ledge or beat them in neutral.
I am starting l think that Falcon should play fox like he plays peach. (And falcon just loses horrifically to Falco and you have to rely on a lot of sloppiness from your opponent to win consistently)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Falcon does not lose horrifically to Falco and what in the world do you mean by play Fox like he plays Peach o_O

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So he would space around dash attacks and Dsmash like his life depended on it? <_< I don't really understand

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
its like one of those weird analogies that are a really roundabout way of saying something simple, im sure

"play falcon vs fox like you would play frogger if frogger was on a formula 1 track and instead of a frog you were actually a toad"
"play falcon vs fox... carefully."

Windrose

Smash Lord
just like how fox 's nair sounds like a garbage bag full of raked leaves falling on the floor right? lolol

EDIT:

why is the falcon boards so dead?

where in the world is johnny and aziz?

does scar still count? he's more of a show host now... (it doesn't really matter because he's also never here...)

what happened guys?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I have a vid you guys can critique... I am seriously trying to become a respected contendor.
And yes the inactivity of Hax and S2J is troubling since they are the front runners for showing what knees can do with intelligence applied.
Scar not being here is almost eery.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sIrQlgolUo

p.s. I am better now.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
I'm here
I have tons of ideas I just need to play/record more
If only I could shai drop consistently, some days I'm great at it and others days, terrible. It really is amazing with Falcon (of course that applies to a number of characters).

My words of wisdom for today: more nipple spikes

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I have a vid you guys can critique... I am seriously trying to become a respected contendor.
And yes the inactivity of Hax and S2J is troubling since they are the front runners for showing what knees can do with intelligence applied.
Scar not being here is almost eery.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sIrQlgolUo

p.s. I am better now.
Post those in the video critique thread
I'll get to it but right now I'm playing League (o god)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey from what I under stand falcon can u throw knee marth from 70 to 90 regardless of di. If this is wrong what percents does it work? Also is there a specific startup/jump you need to do to catch up and a way di or just be fast enough?

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
i have a question what helps you guys with tech chasing as falcon?....like when you stomp or knee in a tech chase etc...

im new to using falcon so its weird using him but soo fun lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Reaction techchase when you think they'll roll, stomp when you have a good read on where they're going

Platform techchasing is another thing because you can cover multiple options with good positioning, my favorite being a stomp that covers missed tech, tech in place, and a roll option if you time it right

You can also do cool aerial option coverages by positioning yourself closer to one techroll

Examples are super overshot stomp that will hit tech in place / missed tech but you land close enough to the roll away to gentleman a Fox

Pivot Bair -> regrab techroll when the ledge limits the tech away

Probably the most common one - hit someone with an aerial -> late Uair cover the missed tech, regrab techrolls

You just have to be creative and actively think about how you want to do things

Windrose

Smash Lord
There aren't enough stages to choose from anymore...

What to do when you win already on Battlefield, dreamland is banned and you have to choose a stage to play on for 3rd game against a guy that plays space animals and marth (and possibly more)??

you can't go to yoshi's cuz they have space animals and marth...you can't go to fountain or fd cuz there's space animals...you can't go to spaceanimal stadium...

by you can't i mean...it'd be disadvantageous but still winnable...

how is that supposed to be a counterpick??

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yoshi's is the **** what are you talking about man <_<
Also Stadium is garbage for space animals just keep it a secret because for some reason they love counterpicking there

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't think Stadium benefits spacies against Falcon, in any sense. Peach and Puff (and Sheik to some extent) still kinda get bodied there.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean the low stage ceiling means waveshine upsmash does kill slightly earlier but that's not particularly relevant when edgeguarding Falcon is easy enough as it is
Also transformations are annoying but not gamebreaking in any way
Mountain transformation is very funny if you can get them onto the ****ty ledge and cover all their options with downair

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Yoshi's is fine. I think Stadium is fine also but I'm just bad there currently.

Windrose

Smash Lord
there's no place to run away on yoshi's vs space animals or marth. you lose one of falcon's best advantages which is running around the stage and abusing his mobility.

you can try to play tippy toe with your opponent and out play them... but i wouldn't say Yoshi's is "the ****" or anything. it's definitely not a cp vs an opponent that can play space animals and marth.

stadium doesn't seem like an amazing choice either. it's probably the best pick in this situation but it's too similar to FD vs falco in the neutral transformation. the fire and rock transformations are more than just slightly annoying.

it seems like most people are saying they'd go to stadium in this situation anyways and I feel it's also probably the best choice...(the least worst from a selection of mediocre choices left in a situation like this)

I don't think that, "no stage choice would be advantageous," is true if other stages were available, (ie. dreamland or battlefield). skills is obviously the most important and outplaying your opponent is pretty much what makes falcon contend with top tier characters but that's not the discussion here. the scope of this topic is stage choices given a selection of limited choices in game 3.

I think most people would agree that battlefield or dreamland would have been ideal here. Pokemon stadium, why would you say it sucks for space animals wenbo? it seems like spacies are the only few that benefits greatly from rock and fire transformations (albeit everyone can benefit from the fire tree when they are at super high percents and just abuse the crap out of it to keep their stock)
=================

side question: how long do transformations last for? (30 seconds?) i ask because the best strategy would probably be to camp out the transformations but it may prove to be difficult...

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's also accentuates one of your greatest strengths--killing people fast, and it helps cover up one of your ****tiest weaknesses by giving more recovery options.

Windrose

Smash Lord
hmm..that is debatable. yoshi's allows everyone to get killed faster though. even if you have extra options of recovering through wall jumping and usage of cloud and shy guys, we can all agree that it is not that helpful for falcon as he is still really easy to edge guard (ie, you'll always get back aired if you try to go for the cloud because that option is easily covered). also the wall jumping and cloud can be taken advantage of by your opponent too.

imo we shouldn't choose a stage too much based on recovery boost for falcon because his recovery is still not that good at the end of the day. (otherwise fountain of dreams may start to look like a great choice because you can survive longer there, and do some ridiculous recoveries from wall jumping silent spectre style)

another question would be...is the small blast boxes on yoshi's worth it for falcon? he doesn't have trouble killing people or gimping people with things like utilt or soft knee to uair. on the other hand, you are trading away a lot of room to run around.

Just trying to wrap my head around why you guys think yoshi's would've been good here. any discussion is much appreciated!

Top Bottom