• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Retreating Fair is really not very scary if you're not being a ***** about spacing ... Ganon isn't fast enough to safely get away from your Nair if you're starting them close enough

The matchup is kinda a joke, I'm really mad I didn't put up a better fight vs Kage at ROM4 -_-
Hahaha, yes, yes, keep thinking that! ;)

Windrose

Smash Lord
wenbobular, now i really wanna play you in dittoes. i hate dittoes but i wanna see your "fast falcon"!

too bad you're not coming to impulse with winston =(

======

Anyone coming to impulse!! we should play!! gather up all the falcon boards people and get in those friendlies. Juggleguy is staying at my place so it's already gonna be hype.

Who else is going again from here? I know slox and winston are for sure. Ghatzu as well?

=====

Kage, you should switch to falcon!! I really enjoy watching your falcon, i'ts very different and has a lot of ganon influences in it.
I'm sure you've heard this before and you had pretty good results with falcon in styc3!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
~_~ I will keep thinking that
I don't have any right to talk though, grr

MM next national!!

@Windrose Haha <_< I'm just slightly faster and better at spacing Nairs than most random Falcons, which usually means you win every aerial battle ever and thus the matchup is astonishingly easy (against randoms)

Also I was thinking about going, but ... iono <_<;;
When I'm settled into a job I'll go up for a big Canada tourney :lick:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
wenbobular, now i really wanna play you in dittoes. i hate dittoes but i wanna see your "fast falcon"!

too bad you're not coming to impulse with winston =(

======

Anyone coming to impulse!! we should play!! gather up all the falcon boards people and get in those friendlies. Juggleguy is staying at my place so it's already gonna be hype.

Who else is going again from here? I know slox and winston are for sure. Ghatzu as well?

=====

Kage, you should switch to falcon!! I really enjoy watching your falcon, i'ts very different and has a lot of ganon influences in it.
I'm sure you've heard this before and you had pretty good results with falcon in styc3!
I dont think I'll ever switch to Falcon completely, I just use him vs certain players where I feel like I should especially in a ruleset where I cannot ban FD for example. I will also start to use Marth vs certain players too but Ganon will always be my main. =P

Windrose

Smash Lord
~_~ I will keep thinking that
I don't have any right to talk though, grr

MM next national!!

@Windrose Haha <_< I'm just slightly faster and better at spacing Nairs than most random Falcons, which usually means you win every aerial battle ever and thus the matchup is astonishingly easy (against randoms)

Also I was thinking about going, but ... iono <_<;;
When I'm settled into a job I'll go up for a big Canada tourney :lick:
If only there was online play for melee. (that doesn't lag and desync often, dolphin is bad).

gravy

Smash Ace
Can you get rested out of dthrow knee at 0% if you time it perfectly? Also, is uthrow uair a guaranteed combo on Marth at 0%? I keep getting stuffed by Uair.

He-Man1

Smash Rookie
Can you get rested out of dthrow knee at 0% if you time it perfectly? Also, is uthrow uair a guaranteed combo on Marth at 0%? I keep getting stuffed by Uair.
I don't think you can be rested if you do it perfectly.

Uthrow > uair doesn't combo on marth until 30% (at 30 you have to do the uair really fast or they'll trade out of it). Below 30 you want to dthrow them and regrab if they di neutral/in and techchase if they di down + away

D

Deleted member

Just went to a smashfest today and was given a good controller

I ***** THE **** OUT OF EVERYBODY (no westballz though sadly) and most of the stuff was recorded

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
PS What do y'all think about Falcon dittos as a measure of skill? Reliable/unreliable? I just hate it when ppl say, "Oh, dittos tell you NOTHING about skill, it just tells you who's better at the ditto," as if you don't need skill to be better at the ditto--ignoring the fact that, by that logic, I could play a set with Armada, get wrecked, and still say, "Oh, he's just better at the MU, that set tells you NOTHING about our relative skill."
I think what you said is right--it's nonsense. Dittos are largely based on fundamentals and non-gimmicky play so I don't see why anyone would think this. Personally, I really love falcon dittos, because even if they are two stocks up, I feel like I can concentrate and just decide to win. It's so momentum heavy and you just any hit to start a combo.

This is in contrast to playing against spacies, which I also love, but I feel like if they are ahead and start playing defensive, it's so hard to come back.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i think when someone says dittos say nothing about skill, they may just mean a ditto shouldn't be taken as an indicator of who is better. that seems like an obv point on paper since it's one of a dozen matchups, but in practice people often default to ditto results when comparing players

i have a love/hate relationship w/falcon dittos. i love dittoing shriek though lol

Twinkles

Smash Lord
im probably not gonna get to play anyone this summer

so when uve got no one to play against, whats the best way to prevent yourself from getting worse?

D

Deleted member

knowing you personally i have not seen you improve substantially from playing other people so not playing them probably won't affect anything

practicing on a laggy tv is also baad

Windrose

Smash Lord
****...falcon dittos are hard..., I rarely get practice in this matchup since there are no falcon players in Toronto.

Also, it seems like everybody breaks the u-tilt rule from the states!!! I didn't use any up tilts at all but everyone seems to use it in dittos. I thought that was agreed upon to be too gay for falcon dittos!! Where's the code of honor guysSssSsSS

=====

shout outs to nakamaru and juggleguy. was fun meeting you guys, wish s2j and hax could've made it :(

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Uhh, isn't it just a coinflip if it's based on "momentum" <_<
In order to get momentum, you have to land the first hit (from a neutral position). Landing the first hit requires skill.

In order to keep momentum after landing a hit, you have to land another hit. Landing another hit requires skill.

In order to convert momentum into a stock, you have to set up and land a finisher. Setting up and landing a finisher requires skill.

Breaking your opponent's momentum (by not getting hit by the first hit or by escaping a combo) requires skill as well.

Where is this coin toss of which you speak? :saturn:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's so momentum heavy and you just any hit to start a combo.
I was referencing this part

It's like if you're playing Fox dittos on FD and first grab gets you a chaingrab -> edgeguard

Except Falcon dittos aren't actually like that because you can get out of most things with good DI, but that's not what he was making it sound like

Anyways I think this argument is silly so I'll refrain from future comments about this ~_~

Twinkles

Smash Lord
knowing you personally i have not seen you improve substantially from playing other people so not playing them probably won't affect anything
kinda true, kinda not true also

i think i always get better after i play other people, cuz then i just bring stuff home to think about

but im still bad so i guess i cant say much

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
damn good **** johnny

those edgecancels are lookin ****in sick!

im going to work on those now lol thnx for postin

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I MMed Mango in Falcon dittos, first 2 games i got *****. The 3rd one was close though.. this guy is good... lol. It's still impressive what he does with his positioning, he traps you and ****.. and nearly never fails technical mistakes.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I MMed Mango in Falcon dittos, first 2 games i got *****. The 3rd one was close though.. this guy is good... lol. It's still impressive what he does with his positioning, he traps you and ****.. and nearly never fails technical mistakes.
Did you see the games where Mango SD'd and s2j didn't SD out of courtesy and then Mango started to wreck *****es?

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
Those mms were tight as ****. Mango is on another level

:phone:

Top Bottom