• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
damnnn....dropzone upair into knee at over 100 percent.

Also, Impulse was really fun. I wish to meet more people from the falcon boards in future tournaments.

Is anyone going to FC? or The Big House 2?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
****...falcon dittos are hard..., I rarely get practice in this matchup since there are no falcon players in Toronto.

Also, it seems like everybody breaks the u-tilt rule from the states!!! I didn't use any up tilts at all but everyone seems to use it in dittos. I thought that was agreed upon to be too gay for falcon dittos!! Where's the code of honor guysSssSsSS

=====

shout outs to nakamaru and juggleguy. was fun meeting you guys, wish s2j and hax could've made it :(
I broke the honor code after getting up tilted by Duck around 5039291239 times over the past couple years :urg:

Fun friendlies dude, let's run it back at Big House 2. Which all of you should come to, by the way.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i have no problem with people using utilt in dittos. If you recover low, you can tech it, and if you recover high, they could have edgeguarded in so many ways fairly easily. I feel much gayer throwing out stupid looking nairs in falcon dittos. Especially when you trade first hit nairs with your opponent. Repeatedly.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I think you are supposed to gentlemen in that situation to avoid constantly trading nairs?

Yeah ggs juggle guy. see you at the big house (hopefully).

:phone:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I think you are supposed to gentlemen in that situation to avoid constantly trading nairs?

Yeah ggs juggle guy. see you at the big house (hopefully).

point is... i feel uncool doing the nair so much in dittos. but I ignore that scrub mentality for the most part.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If someone spams nair at you in dittos and is predictable enough, you can do an up-angled ftilt and stuff their approach, it's pretty hilarious.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao, I think you can also Bair or use Nair in a way to counter their nair. This matchup is fun though for sure. =P You can also jump over Nair backwards and dair I believe, I know it works with Ganon so it has to work with Falcon since he's faster lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If clank Nairs just jab <_<
Although if they're on the same level and you start clanking jabs ... I don't know what to say
Runback Bair to level the jab or something haha

Also knee edgeguarding their up-b startup is way better than anything else you can be doing and isn't very hard, but no one complains about that for some reason <_<

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Because knee is the **** lol. I got triple kneed x3 in one game vs Mango at Impulse Ganon vs Falcon.. lol. Kept saying to myself I have to survive and kill him then I did too many survival DI.

How can nair clank? That's not possible! lol. It can trade but then sometimes you'll have to run away and run back in with another move.. Well.. the main thing you have to do in dittos is make Falcon go into shield as much as possible since his OOS game sucks, the first one to do that is at an advantage and grabbing him is obviously amazing too.

Windrose

Smash Lord
What if falcon recovers from below the stage to try to "sweetspot" (very close to sweet spotting) the ledge?

Do you still knee him? that'd require some serious dropping and it'd be hard not to reverse that knee =S

Is this situation still a good situation to knee the up-b? I feel it's better to just grab ledge and ledge hop invincible knee/stomp.

==============

It was really good to play juggleguy and nakamaru this weekend. I rarely get to play other falcon mains. I am stealing stuff from you guys and there's nothing you can do about it. i'll get you next time nakamaru!!!! see u at the big house 2

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's exactly where you have to knee, if Falcon recovers low, you knee his face.. it's the basic edgeguard for preventing him from recovering low.. Knee ***** pretty much all Falcon's options when he's trying to recover.. you just have to time it right based on his decisions, it's not very hard to do. =P

Windrose

Smash Lord
How do you knee him if he's like recovering against the stage up wards to the ledge?

I would just grab the ledge :S

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya you could but if Falcon does not have enough distance to get close to the wall, you knee him lol. PKM used to do that to me all the time.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I see!

Yo. Winston, we didn't get to play at impulse.
That was probably my only chance to play you ever. Damn

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well it's TOO LATE NOW haha

For future reference Winston is an averagely tall Chinese guy with hair down to his lower back
Unless he gets a haircut

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah I figured out who you were afterwards but you were always busy. I didn't expect you to have such long hair man. If someone cuts your hair, do you lose your tech skills?

I thought this asian guy was wenbobular, he had glasses and played falcon. but he probably wasn't wenbobular cuz he didn't go to impulse.

yeah i'm trying to go to the big house 2 but there's a decent chance I can't make it I'll have to see.

Are you all going for sure?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo David, so it looks like the Canadian Thanksgiving does indeed coincide with Big House 2 weekend, October 6-7.

Did you say that was a good thing or a bad thing? I can't remember.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yo David, so it looks like the Canadian Thanksgiving does indeed coincide with Big House 2 weekend, October 6-7.

Did you say that was a good thing or a bad thing? I can't remember.
That's probably a good thing. It looks like Canadians get October 8th off.

Excellent.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Do Canadians generally reserve Thanksgiving weekend strictly for going back home to visit family? It's like that in the states, where nobody ever dares to schedule stuff during Thanksgiving weekend. I ask because I really want Unknown/KirbyKaze/etc. to come back for Big House 2, and the Canadian Thanksgiving thing worries me a bit.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
Yeah I figured out who you were afterwards but you were always busy. I didn't expect you to have such long hair man. If someone cuts your hair, do you lose your tech skills?

I thought this asian guy was wenbobular, he had glasses and played falcon. but he probably wasn't wenbobular cuz he didn't go to impulse.
Winston is pretty recognizable, its not just long hair its... everywhere. Its the source of his power.

Wenbo is pretty tall

Windrose

Smash Lord
Do Canadians generally reserve Thanksgiving weekend strictly for going back home to visit family? It's like that in the states, where nobody ever dares to schedule stuff during Thanksgiving weekend. I ask because I really want Unknown/KirbyKaze/etc. to come back for Big House 2, and the Canadian Thanksgiving thing worries me a bit.
don't worry about it. it'll be fine.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Over this past weekend at impulse I feel I've gotten a really good hold on the ice climbers matchup. After playing a lot of different ice climbers the matchup really clicked and I noticed I figured out a lot of the things that s2j does in this set too and I'm like YEAH that's what I would've done too!

One thing that's amazing is over shooting Dairs to where they will try to wave dash behind when ICs are baiting you.

And all that IC practice over the weekend really made SDIing the chain grab a lot easier.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha ... this Asian guy with glasses ... who played Falcon ...

Did you manage to get his tag <_<;

It couldn't have been Juggleguy right

Windrose

Smash Lord
Haha ... this Asian guy with glasses ... who played Falcon ...

Did you manage to get his tag <_<;

It couldn't have been Juggleguy right
no i didn't get his tag :S, he seemed kinda weird.

and no, i housed with juggleguy so i know what juggleguy looks like (he looks like chairman mao, which is probably not good for a taiwanese guy). I was going to mention that but juggleguy seems rather white washed and probably won't appreciate that joke.

i think he was friends with winston or nintendude.

he carried a laptop everywhere and seemed very introvert ish...he would just push people aside if he ever needed to make his way through a crowd to get access to the laptop or backpack.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That's an interesting description of him

I don't think he struck me that way xD

I just remember being salty because I thought I was playing bad at Falcon dittos and losing <_<
But maybe I'm just not as good at Falcon dittos as I think I am T_T

Windrose

Smash Lord
That's an interesting description of him

I don't think he struck me that way xD

I just remember being salty because I thought I was playing bad at Falcon dittos and losing <_<
But maybe I'm just not as good at Falcon dittos as I think I am T_T
you should've came to impulse! did you have money johns or something?

Top Bottom