• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZsTruLPyo

I think I've decided that uthrow -> nair is best for all DI except away. I also feel like I ought to have guessed that without needing to test it out.

PS What the **** am I doing wrong in this MU? Ignore the Falco matches, my Falco just sucks and I was only trying out a potential counterpick against Sheik. Granted that I have practically no experience in this MU and that my tech skill is weaker than normal due to a giant, painful rash under my left armpit, but my brother doesn't even play Sheik yet he's able to beat me with no effort when he doesn't even beat me with his mains (Ganon and Peach, if anyone cares). I know the Falco/Fox MUs are supposedly just as hard even though I don't have nearly as many problems with them, but even when I get completely ****ed over by a spacie I feel like they at least had to WORK for the win. Pillaring and waveshining and **** takes 641246749515x more skill than spam jab and ftilt, if that's too complicated spam grab, if THAT's too complicated spam dsmash, if I try to camp spam needles, if I try to approach spam (CC ->) any tilt because they all ****ing combo into fair, spam fair and dsmash to get me off, spam fair and dsmash to KEEP me off, and don't worry about recovery because the only thing I can edgeguard with is ****ing telepathy -> knee.

PPS Yeah, I'm pissed off right now. Feel free to ignore me, but I would really appreciate some tips.

D

Deleted member

only watched 1 match out of the 2 hour vid

like other guy who asked for help u miss too much fundamental stuff, most of it seems pretty obvious

one semi-flaw that most falcons do is your platform techchases with up-airs aren't the greatest and even if you hit a decent opponent with up-air they can crouch cancel it and not get that messed up, but sometimes up-air is the only option that will cover it because you have no time

you tend to up-air right away when they land on plat and you miss because the shiek keeps teching away basically everytime, you basically up-air during shieks invincibility and you should wait a sec, or cover 1.5 options with stomp

silentspectre knee is also good where he does a very fast short hop knee to cover platform options

punish with knee/stomp more on platforms IMO its very easy when you get used to it

=

and if you have a crazy rash maybe you should put up vids when you playing ur best not when you are afflicted with an awful lesion of the skin just sayin

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tips, I was just looking up some videos of good Falcons playing good Sheiks and punishing platform techs with stomps, I'll give that a shot next time.

Also, should I stop CCing stuff vs Sheik? It never really seems to work, and it's more of just a habit than anything.

=

And my bro only started playing Sheik yesterday, whereas I've had the rash since the Sunday before last. I don't normally miss half my L-cancels, fastfalls, techs, shai drops, ... (wow, watching this now I was missing a lot of ****).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You can CC their Ftilts and Ftilt back or dash grab

When you're given the opportunity to cover options with stomp you should definitely do it
Ideally you're pretty high above them and start the stomp as late as you can while covering the tech in place still
That way you can sometimes get a roll on reaction by drifting

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Does anyone remember when magus had that argument with scar(?). Basically the question was posed as what the best follow up when a peach DIs the dthrow in at low percents. Scar said to sh uair, and magus trolled him a bit, saying it was a bad idea and instead you should FH nair. Nobody took him seriously until he came back with gifs showing that peach could nair after the sh uair but a proper fh ff nair would hit both times on peach and be able to be followed up on... Just thinking back on that brings a smile to my face... If anyone took the time to dig his gif post up I would be super grateful

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Fullhop Nair is alright if you get a raptor boost on Marth at too low of a % to really try Uair chains

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Alright, I tried out some of the tips ppl gave me last time. I tried to punish his platform teching with stomps, and went for more stomps when techchasing in general. I tried to punish his rolling and spotdodging with stomps. I tried to cut down on the number of uairs and go for more stomp punishes. I tried to shield less and stomp more. Did I mention that I incorporated more stomps into my game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvw7xHLCuQg&t=42m29s

So basically, I just went crazy and spammed stomp like none other and it worked surprisingly well. I also tried to edgehog better to stay invincible with the hitbox on Sheik's recovery, and I tried to remember to DI her fair up and SDI her jabs as well. I was not, however, able to pull off FJ nairs or uthrow -> dash -> instant sh uair -> regrab.

D

Deleted member

its very good i been doing it for a long *** time because it was hard for me to do basic d-throw --> option sometimes while n-air ( first hit on way up 2nd hit on way down) is pretty easy

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
My brother plays Peach, but unfortunately neither he nor any other Peach I know likes to DI in against my Falcon ^_^ sh nair is so automatic for me ever since I stopped playing Link (who practically lives on FJ nairs) that it's actually hard for me to get the nair out except by using Z because I'm so used to letting go of Y before hitting A.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why can you shai drop before being fast, that's so goofy

I guess if you've just been playing Link for your entire Smash career

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You aren't the only one, I can only JC grab.. 60-65% of the time, still havent mastered it lol.

Edit: I just find the button inputs to do it is ********.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hey, Kage, what is Ganon's hardest MU? I told my brother I'd learn his hardest MU and let him practice it if he would learn Sheik and play against my Falcon. He says Fox is Ganon's toughest MU, is that true?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
In my case, I wasn't a Falcon main to begin with because I was a Link main to begin with -.-' I've tried playing Sheik before because I wanted to help coach my gf (who mains Sheik), but I just plain don't get her for whatever reason, so instead I went and played Fox for about 2 hours. Much easier than people make him out to be, although maybe that's just the Fox-Ganon MU talking. Freaking nair -> shine beats freaking everything, grabs and usmash are stupidly easy to land out of a jab or a waveshine, uthrow to uair is safe and easy, hardly even need shine spikes because ledgehop bairs are retardedly simple, and as long as I keep control of center stage and don't blindly run face-first into skullcrushers or wizard foots I'm practically invincible.

^ Well, that's probably an exaggeration, but I'm not planning to pick up Fox anytime soon. And unfortunately, my brother has decided that he'd rather pick up Sheik as a second than learn the Ganon-Fox MU 8(

EDIT: I guess I might have essentially been a Falcon main to begin with. Since "Link"-itude is hereditary, then it's entirely possible that Douglas J. Falcon is a descendant of Link (there's no reason to believe that the line died out just because of the industrial revolution). If he is, and he inherited ownership of the Master Sword, then that would explain why the "falcon" on his helmet looks like the Master Sword minus the blade and part of the handle. Instead of the slow but powerful spin attack, he has the Falcon Punch. Instead of the weak but long-range bow, he has the Falcon Kick. Instead of the auto-homing boomerang, he has the Raptor Boost. Instead of the grappling hookshot, he has the Falcon Dive. Instead of Epona, he has the Blue Falcon. Instead of the blade of evil's bane, he has the Knee of Justice. And I can definitely see Black Bull being a reincarnation of Ganondorf. The only flaw in this theory is that unlike any Link who has come before him, Captain Falcon capable of holding an intelligent conversation.

Top Bottom