• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If they're at a % where Bair will hit then autocancel Bair -> combo is very viable because it's so fast and for some reason people suck at DIing Bairs

If they go too low for that then just turnaround regrab

I've never really liked Dtilt because competent players will just DI away and that doesn't really get you anything

D

Deleted member

m2k at up-throw 70% would soullessly turn around and regrab then up-throw again

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I like turnaround dtilt in that situation, or a down angled ftilt. You'd be surprised at the number of people who don't DI that, and end up with a followup knee to their face.

D

Deleted member

down-tilt even if their DI is good because they are extremely likely to hit the floor which simply leads to a fairly easy tech chase spot

its also an absolute n00b slayer most n00bs will miss tech after up-throw -> d-tilt the jeff combo

GOOD players though all know about one of the original jeff combos and will NOT miss tech/ tech in place which is almost as good

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Silly question, but how do you reverse Falcon punch? I always accidentally it.
While your in the air if you hold the control stick slightly in the opposite direction that you are facing then press B you will falcon punch. Although, if you push the control stick to far in that direction you will do side B raptor boost. (obviously)

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
pivot uair doesn't make any sense. turnaround uair might work but it sounds tough / unreliable

if you're at the ledge bair sounds fine to me, you should be able to edgeguard from there. jeff does turnaround dtilt which makes a lot of sense to me (maybe i'll start doing that)

@reverse falcon punch, do you mean turnaround and falcon punch in the air? or do you mean hit with the reverse hitbox?
Yeah I guess that was just wrong terminology on my part, turnaround uair is basically what I meant. I didn't really know how hard it would be to do it but I thought around that percent or a little higher that it might combo into a knee or something. I can always edgeguard after a fsmash or bair but yeah I was just wondering what was good if I caught them in the middle of Dreamland or something.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
The best DI vs Bair is basically down and away which sets up for an edgeguard well enough though right?

I mean if you're in the middle of the stage you can regrab, if you're under a platform I think that's pretty good for you because you can set up 3/4 option coverage stomps, and if your back is toward the ledge you get a very good shot at edgeguarding them after a Bair

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I asked darkrain if he had watched any new scar videos, and he said nay. He must have picked those tricks from the mind of the falcon superconscious that flows within all players, if only they could tap it.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I personally like uair as an option. I just feel like it has better follow ups and can sometimes catch a person's 2nd jump which almost always leads to death.

While your in the air if you hold the control stick slightly in the opposite direction that you are facing then press B you will falcon punch. Although, if you push the control stick to far in that direction you will do side B raptor boost. (obviously)
Actually neutral B moves will always point in the direction of the control stick's last input (of right or left) when in the air. So you can just tap it in the control stick left or right before hitting B, instead of trying to find that weird space in between. This lets you have better control over your airial momentum and still be able to reverse laser/falcon punch/etc etc.

---

Also, I made a combo video/highlight reel. Everyone check it out!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319253

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I personally like uair as an option. I just feel like it has better follow ups and can sometimes catch a person's 2nd jump which almost always leads to death.

Actually neutral B moves will always point in the direction of the control stick's last input (of right or left) when in the air. So you can just tap it in the control stick left or right before hitting B, instead of trying to find that weird space in between. This lets you have better control over your airial momentum and still be able to reverse laser/falcon punch/etc etc.

---

Also, I made a combo video/highlight reel. Everyone check it out!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319253
Oh yea, I forgot you could do that lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah I guess that was just wrong terminology on my part, turnaround uair is basically what I meant. I didn't really know how hard it would be to do it but I thought around that percent or a little higher that it might combo into a knee or something. I can always edgeguard after a fsmash or bair but yeah I was just wondering what was good if I caught them in the middle of Dreamland or something.
i still think turnaround dtilt or regrab is the best option
I asked darkrain if he had watched any new scar videos, and he said nay. He must have picked those tricks from the mind of the falcon superconscious that flows within all players, if only they could tap it.
to be fair, i have been doing it (and have been getting punished for it) for years :p
^by far the safest way to do this

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Darkrain also told me he had not watched the recent Scar vids. I gotta agree with Sveet, he must have come up with the tricks through a magical Falcon superconscious.

He also said Hax is the best / his favorite other Falcon right now and that S2J's playing style is "very strange" to him. Where you at, Johnny!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
crimsonblur ive always thought you were ec, and i think it was just because you play marth

S l o X

Smash Champion
I agree, s2j's style is strange. (doesn't really appeal to me in a weird way but it also seems to do well vs falco)

Hax, if you see this (don't feel like getting on fb) - did you beat th0rn at No Johns? Teach me.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'm pretty sure i'm WC at heart - i also have a theory that everyone will eventually be WC because it's just better than EC :p

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Does this mean its up to me and Hax to bring back the EC Falcons?

One day, I'll be the very best. That no one ever was.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to consistently scarjump on FD? Like letgo => walljump?
Only after a dash attack you can use a walljump without using your 2nd jump on FD
Fox got that doraki scarjump after regrabbing the edge 1 time on FD, unfortunately falcons does not have this

If someone finds a way to do this without dash attacking and keeping your 2nd jump on FD. Let all the falcons know immediately

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I've done it on occasion doing the regrab bairs. However it happens once in a blue moon and i have no idea what im doing differently make it happen.

BTW i am an EC falcon. : ( Always will be.

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
Billy No-Mates here.

I have no-one willing to play with me most of the time. Is there a way of practising shield pressure on cpus?
Can you change the handicap or something?
I don't really want to do training mode - I plan on using the c-stick.

Thanks in advance

taylosun

Smash Cadet
To find out where the holes in your pressure are, no. To make sure you don't make mistakes you can plug a second controller in, turn handicap on with yours set at 1 and theirs at 9, turn the damage ratio to 0.5 and practice like that.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The only way is to be really methodical about it. I can't do it, but it is worth trying. Think of all the shield pressure options you have. Like empty SHs, spaced arials > gentleman, landing behind your opponent.

Then practice them all. But really there is no good way to practice shield pressure by yourself. Kind of have to get punished to fix that.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
only problem with that is barrels, capsules, and such will get in your way.

Max handicap + low dmg is the cleanest way to practice your L-cancel timings as if you were hitting a shield.

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
I did the handicap/damage thing, worked great.

Would it be of any value to practice on different sized opponents or should I just stick to bowser for the maximum weight (if that even makes any difference)

Top Bottom