• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Spyro

Smash Ace
How do you hold your controller?

Do you have one of those weird keyboard grips or something? lol
No, this is how I hold my controller.

Here is how i've been trying out holding my controler, my left and is the same as it was befor, I just have my pointer finger on the :ltrigger: and thumb and the :stick5:. However the way I hold it with my right hand is pretty weird. I put my thumb on the :cstick5:, my pointer finger on the :bbutton:, my middle finger is on the :abutton:, my ring finger is on the :ybutton: and my pinky is on the :zbutton:. So yeah, its going to take a lot of getting use to.
This post is from a while back. I've gotten use to holding it like this by now.

*EDIT*: Yay, my 300th post lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Damaging your hands? lol wut? that's pretty much how people have been playing the piano for thousands of years :/

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Damaging your hands? lol wut? that's pretty much how people have been playing the piano for thousands of years :/
feels like a different part of the fingers b/c you are not also moving your hand(s)

edit: hitting the keys on a piano in this manner seems like a more natural finger motion than the gamecube buttons b/c of their respective designs

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I just tried it and immediately reverted back to the old way. It is just too damn awkward. >.<

This is also coming from someone who can't use R to save his life though.

Spyro

Smash Ace
It took a lest a couple of weeks to get use to for me, but it payed of for the techskill purposes.

*EDIT*: I use to just you R for shielding, so it took me a while before I could start start hitting my L cancels, wavedash, waveland, ext. again.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It took a lest a couple of weeks to get use to for me, but it payed of for the techskill purposes.
I still dont see how people can play in such a weird position.

Especially when playing video games in the normal position our whole life.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I still dont see how people can play in such a weird position.

Especially when playing video games in the normal position our whole life.
Everything I did when I first started holding it that way was delayed, even just stuff like jumps and attacks in general cause I had to think about what finger I needed to use for what button. Like I said, it took a good while to get use too.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I can definitely see the advantages. I could do double shines really easily with fox. And instant arials were 100 times easier. I just can't imagine playing under duress like that. Feels to easy to twitch and hit a wrong button.

I wonder if technical people will start to adopt the claw as the game progresses since it really reduces the effort needed to execute "perfect control" shenanigans. (run on sentence!)

I'm also gonna guess you play a lot of TFG or are a fan of an arcade stick.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I can definitely see the advantages. I could do double shines really easily with fox. And instant arials were 100 times easier. I just can't imagine playing under duress like that. Feels to easy to twitch and hit a wrong button.

I wonder if technical people will start to adopt the claw as the game progresses since it really reduces the effort needed to execute "perfect control" shenanigans. (run on sentence!)

I'm also gonna guess you play a lot of TFG or are a fan of an arcade stick.
I think most technical people are still going to stick with the normal position since that is what most people are used to.

L__

Smash Master
johnny

idk if you've been asked this b4 in your thread but I don't wanna sift thru these old posts

what goes on in your mind during matches and how does being ahead/behind affect you?

D

Deleted member

i don't think much but I try to keep track of reoccuring habits/mistakes opponents make and if they are onto my bad habits/ whether I need to change things up. IMO you should only keep track of small nuances and not think too much unless your brain is capable of doing such a thing

if I am ahead I am more willing to be aggressive/ make risky plays to gain reads/ get more of an advantage, exception is if opponent is going ballz deep and playing like a madman. Most people don't expect it tbh. It's a comfortable spot usually and I don't mind dying from being more aggressive if it gives me another read

Being behind doesn't discourage me since falcon can 0 to death anything can happen, it's all momentum

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I actually really like the mentality of
-No JV
-Build Percent
-Take the stock
-Repeat

When i'm behind this has gotten me the furthest. It is either that or i think about Nihonjin vs Ek from way way back in the day.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I actually really like the mentality of
-No JV
-Build Percent
-Take the stock
-Repeat

When i'm behind this has gotten me the furthest. It is either that or i think about Nihonjin vs Ek from way way back in the day.
I dont really have a technique when I am behind.

All I do is say I can win this and that I have to focus really hard to come back

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering what's the best way to punish a fox with a good bit of damage (around 70%) if they DI your up throw behind you? I think if you can do it well a pivot up air followed by a knee or something would be a good punish. I just don't like having to back air if I could punish stronger.

Windrose

Smash Lord
You can't f smash at that percent. you can either turn around and re grab them. Or use f tilt. After f tilt, either tech chase or combo, di dependent.

:phone:

Scar

#HarveyDent
pivot uair doesn't make any sense. turnaround uair might work but it sounds tough / unreliable

if you're at the ledge bair sounds fine to me, you should be able to edgeguard from there. jeff does turnaround dtilt which makes a lot of sense to me (maybe i'll start doing that)

@reverse falcon punch, do you mean turnaround and falcon punch in the air? or do you mean hit with the reverse hitbox?

Top Bottom