• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Also worth noting a lot of people say shield dropping abilities are very controller sensitive. A lot of people adept at shield dropping have mentioned certain controllers are better than others based on constrol stick condition.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
@ G gravy do you opt towards simply getting the right angle downwards to shield drop, or do you do it the axe method where he goes all the way left/right and curls down to the first notch?

gravy

Smash Ace
I do the right angle, I practice by crouching on platforms. The axe method is super solid though, I just didn't learn it because I don't like committing to shield angle, but I'll learn it soon.

Bu$

HoC
Yeah that seems pretty good. When doing Uair strings, do you have to hit with a certain part of Uair to keep them above you rather than sending them down and out?
Kinda, it can also depend on their character and DI. I don't know how to explain it but when you get better you definitely get a feel for it.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
There's actually not much in the falcon index thread about throw->knee percents on Marth.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-greatest-falcon-thread-ever-made-ever-ever.74541/
http://smashboards.com/threads/scar-talks-lean-melee-2012yotf.197123/page-307#post-10845217

Those two posts are kinda good for percents and grabs in general.

Basically if you're really quick with it I think 72% 85% is the lowest percent upthrow knee true combos. You can try it in the 70s and it can probably work though (you might steal their jump?). Most people say something around 70 anyways. And there's a point at around 90% where a short hop knee (forward) covers away DI and full hop covers the other DIs.

Wow I found a Magus post which tells me basically everyone ever is wrong about Falcon throw percents lol. Had to edit this post like 3 times.

Just read this instead though the formatting is pretty bad: http://smashboards.com/threads/scar-talks-lean-melee-2012yotf.197123/page-134#post-8746843

Now if this were in the Falcon Index Thread no one would need to ask about percents.

Last edited:

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
That magus post is about sheik not marth. Up throw knee on Marth I'm pretty sure is guaranteed at some percents on di away unlike sheik.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I wasn't referring to that part, just how upthrow only has enough stun for knee to true combo at 85%.

looking guy

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! so, I was wondering what is be the best option for C.Falcon when facing a good shield pressure by Fox or Falco?
I think trying a grab OoS is actually a good one because Falcon can follow it up with a knee, a tech-chase, a side b, and more. so I think the risk worth the reward. but what do you guys say?

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Just wanna remind you that all of you guys are freaking awesome for maining this character! Never forget that!
Fakk the pu$$ies who say that Falcon is overhyped.

Last edited:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Hey guys! so, I was wondering what is be the best option for C.Falcon when facing a good shield pressure by Fox or Falco?
I think trying a grab OoS is actually a good one because Falcon can follow it up with a knee, a tech-chase, a side b, and more. so I think the risk worth the reward. but what do you guys say?
While everyone agrees the payoff for shieldgrabs is huge, a good spacie is very, very difficult to shield grab. You need to tilt shield smartly and identify patterns/mistakes in their shield pressure to get a grab. It's very much a case by case basis. Buffer roll and WD OOS should be considered as alternative options.

Your #1 priority should be to not let them get a huge payoff for attacking your shield IMO because you are in a naturally disadvantageous position. You can always reset to neutral and get nair grab or something else.

By all means, if you see the opportunity for a shield grab, go for it. I'm just saying it's usually not the #1 option in my mind while getting **** on in shield by a space animal.

looking guy

Smash Cadet
While everyone agrees the payoff for shieldgrabs is huge, a good spacie is very, very difficult to shield grab. You need to tilt shield smartly and identify patterns/mistakes in their shield pressure to get a grab. It's very much a case by case basis. Buffer roll and WD OOS should be considered as alternative options.

Your #1 priority should be to not let them get a huge payoff for attacking your shield IMO because you are in a naturally disadvantageous position. You can always reset to neutral and get nair grab or something else.

By all means, if you see the opportunity for a shield grab, go for it. I'm just saying it's usually not the #1 option in my mind while getting **** on in shield by a space animal.
What do you mean by "you can always reset to neutral and get nair or something else"?, sorry, I didn´t get that part.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "you can always reset to neutral and get nair or something else"?, sorry, I didn´t get that part.
Reset to neutral means instead of looking for a shield grab, you roll or WD OOS to get out of shield pressure. This is called "reset to neutral" because instead of the opponent getting an advantage off of his shield pressure or you getting an advantage off of a shield grab, you just reset the situation into one where neither has the advantage.

Basically, bert is saying don't get too shield-grab happy. It's a great reward but it's a lot of risk, and if you're not smart about it, you will probably not hit any shield grabs if the fox/falco is at all competent, and you will probably eat massive damage and potentially lose a stock from whiffing your grab.

If you do for a shield grab anyway, at lower percents I recommend holding down as you do it. Escape a combo or even CC grab an attempted punish on your whiffed grab.

Last edited:

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
What is the frame data for dair oos? I don't mean for it to hit, I mean how long does it take for Falcon to pull his legs above shine? I swear I saw it somewhere but I can't seem to find it...

Shaaack

Smash Cadet
Yo
Does everyone knows a thread / video dedicated to punish game against Marth ?
I have some issues against Marth and I would like to fix them.
Thanks

Last edited:

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Yo
Does everyone knows a thread / video dedicated to punish game against Marth ?
I have some issues against Marth and I would like to fix them.
Thanks
http://youtu.be/_bgq-k9S2Ok
^watch that and take notes.

With regards to grabs:
below 30, probably just dthrow and regrab if he DIs in, take positional advantage/techchase otherwise.
uthrow -> uair starts working around 30 ( i wanna say 31% is where it actually starts). Usually SH uair or dash SH uair after the throw. You can mix in rising FH uair for a great payoff sometimes. DI in on the uair results in another uair or a knee or a grab, all of which can lead to more followups or an edgeguard opportunity.
uthrow -> knee is around mid 60s (i wanna say like 68% but idk) until mid 80s
dthrow -> knee past uthrow->knee percents is dependent on one of 2 situations:
A) they DI in (then again dthrow->knee works at like every percent if they DI in haha)
B) the throw results in them offstage because you can FF lower and hit them without a ground for them to tech on.

Scooping with uair when he's committed to being in the air is amazing. Learn to insta-uair.
Refresh invincibility on ledge during edgeguards when he's far enough that he must upB. reverse ledgehop knee is great.
Learn to recognize the DI in on uair for the 2nd uair or knee.
A lot of people do uair against Marth when they get him in knockdown on platform (situation where he must tech or no tech). If you have time, knee from under platform and dair from above are both much better coverage options because he doesn't get out nearly for free by holding down and out. If you only have time for the uair, by all means do that, but you'd be surprised how often you can actually get more than the uair.

marth is also one of the few matchups where i feel like raptor boost is actually usable in more than techchase situations. You can respond to an early aerial commitment from him with raptor boost into uair-> everything or into straight knee.

Last edited:

Shaaack

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys :)

Also these days I have issues with moonnwalking, they are worse than before, and I think it's because the grip of my stick is overused.
Am I the only one who has this kind of problems ? :/

Twinkles

Smash Lord
can we ban fountain of dreams permanently from every tournament:dk::dk::dk::dk::dk::dk:
i'd support a petition for it, but until then, here are some small tricksies that might make your life easier on fod.

-you can stomp through a low platform and hit most chars even if they are crouching
-if you do an SH insta-aerial onto a low platform, your aerial hitbox will come out but you will hit the platform almost immediately after this happens. you can take advantage of this and do something like a sh-insta uair onto the platform then immediately cancel it to a drop-through uair. i sometimes do this for platform tech-chases against fox/falco/falcon at low %
-against tall chars, you can probably use the above trick to nick them with a uair or a first hit nair and then start up a string off of it if you surprise them
-side-b will hit if they are standing on the low platform
-many chars standing under the low platform are incredibly difficult to approach. fox/falco/sheik/anyone who can through a tilt under the platform can you **** you up for any careless approach very safely. on the plus side, falco probably won't be lasering you if he's under a low platform

hope some of this **** helps

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, it would mess up pretty much every part of stage striking if we changed tournament-legal stages. If we took out FoD, we would also need to take out another neutral stage to make the strikes even again or get rid of Stadium and put a current neutral stage in the counter pick slot.

NotLightningRunner

Smash Apprentice
Also, it would mess up pretty much every part of stage striking if we changed tournament-legal stages. If we took out FoD, we would also need to take out another neutral stage to make the strikes even again or get rid of Stadium and put a current neutral stage in the counter pick slot.
JUNGLE JAPES MODIFIED WITHOUT WATER

Top Bottom